This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sarah Sarill

Re: Northern Tools gutter lance - its arrived !!
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2005, 06:41:45 pm »
Hi Gaz,

Just sent them - any problems let me know cheeky boy   ;D

Regards,

Sarah
Sarah

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2005, 10:17:41 pm »
Hi Sarah, the main purpose for me buying the power pole was to do facia ect cleans do you think it'll do that with ease???
Also conservatory roofs as the water seems as if you can aim it so that it points down and won't get under the fennels at the top??

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2005, 11:26:11 pm »
Hi Alan,

The Northern Tool lance you ordered will do the gutters/fascias and soffits with ease.

Personally I would not use any type of pressure on con roofs but would do it with wfp set up. 

Maybe others would like to comment on that one though.

Regards,

Sarah
Sarah

stevef

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 04:47:17 pm »
Hi all

Regarding the use of pressure washer on con roof's, I purchased a Lavor petol pressure washer new from ebay. This quite low power and has proved to be very good on seveal con roof's and a large greenhouse.
The trick seems to not to hold the lance too close! I wash the roof and guttering etc then rince down with WFP, then wash the rest as normal with WFP. So far I have no problems with leaking but common sence must be used,
I also intend to purchase the Northern tool pole  and attachment

Steve

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2005, 09:34:39 pm »
common sence must be used,
Agreed..
My thinking with con roofs is I would never use a power washer on them normaly as the water would go up the roof and under the fennel which in a lot of con roof are not sealed.But with a power washer I hope that you can direct the water to hit the roof from above thus aliminating the chances of the water going under the fennel plus I'm hoping as long as the fennels are secure these should be easier to clean because with a WFP they are a bugger (all them fiddly bits)
Any way my order has been confirmed and I'll be putting my thoughts into practice by the weekend ( I have a couple of really grimy jobs in mind that I'll practice on take pictures and hopefully use to advertise new service)..

I LOVE THIS FORUM IT'S LIKE ONE BIG THINK TANK.
(not water tank)
Alan
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

newpy

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2005, 06:30:30 pm »
We've been cleaning Gutters / facias and soffits for the last 18 mths with an extendable fibreglass / aluminium lance from Dual pumps, with a hook attachment. An average 3 bed house takes us an hour, and we charge £80, we clean the insides and out, sometimes getting plastered! but save loads of time. When you do one house it normally leads onto the rest of the neighbours! ;D add on a window clean as an extra if you need to clinch the order! The Honda petrol pressure washer has paid for itself over and over, a good investment.
With regards to pressure washing a conservatory roof- i would advise against it, if it's that dirty charge extra and take more time with pure water and a brush!

Regards,
Craig

Glen

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2005, 07:22:55 pm »
Craig,

Do you have any photos? Which model pressure washer have you got and how much did it cost? Do you have to use detergent to dissolve green algae on the facia/soffit?

Regards, Glen.

jdp

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2005, 07:36:16 pm »
I have only ever cleaned gutters by ladders, hands and eyes but am V impressed with all of the comments made.  What a helpful bunch of people!

John.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2005, 10:53:04 pm »
Its arrived today put it together now all I need is some time and dirty UPVC so that I can play with my new gizzmo..
The other half has'nt said anything yet but she's been hinting at how much it cost..
Luckly a flyer from macro came throught the post and they are promoting a petrol power washer for around £49.99 so I'll just let her spot it on the table (should keep the situation calm)
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2005, 07:47:44 am »
Alan,

Let us know how you get on with it and what your thoughts are.

It seems I've been lance bashing for a few weeks now and it would be nice to hear another view.

Good luck with the practicing and dont forget angle at 40% or your'll get soaked even without the rain !!

Sarah

Ps;  Secrets from the wife eh !!!  ;D
Sarah

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2005, 07:12:25 pm »
Ps;  Secrets from the wife eh !!! 

I'd rather be a live coward than a DEAD hero..

Plus if she finds out how much I've spent she'll want at least the same and then some peace and quite money on top off.

Some one of this forum e-mailed me this earlier this year and don't the glove fit.

Dear Tech Support:
Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0.
I soon noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing
that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. In addition, Wife
1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now monitors all
other system activity:
applications such as Poker Night 10.3,
Football 5.0,
Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Racing 3.6.

I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to
run my favourite applications. I'm thinking about going back to
Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please
help!
Thanks,
A Troubled User.

REPLY:
Dear Troubled User:
This is a very common problem that men complain about. Many people
upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is just a
Utilities and Entertainment program.
Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM
and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also
impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0. It is
impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system
once installed.
You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to
not allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under
Warnings-Alimony-Child Support. I recommend that you keep Wife1.0 and
work on improving the situation. I suggest installing the background
application "Yes Dear" to alleviate software augmentation. The best
course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE because ultimately
you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system will
return to normal anyway. Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to
be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support
programs, such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 and Do Bills 4.2.
However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will
cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5. Once this happens,
the only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase
additional software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0
WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary with
Short Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and
will cause irreversible damage to the operating system.
Best of luck,
Tech Support
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2005, 07:27:22 pm »
Alan,

Shouldn't laugh but my god the stomach's sore !!!!

My question is:-

WHY ON EARTH DID SHE LET YOU KEEP THE CASH, HAVE YOUR OWN CREDIT CARD OR BE A SIGNATORY ON THE CHEQUES    ;D

Regards,

Sarah

Sarah

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2005, 07:50:47 pm »
Sarah

fortunatle the last time the other half came to work with me I was cleaning the traditional way, then she fell of the steps and broke her arm and she refused to come again so she has no real idea of the kind of income a WFP generates..

What the eye don't see the purse won't miss

Alan
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

rosskesava

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2005, 09:08:55 pm »
We havn't ordered a gutter lance but yesterday our 7.3m jet spray lance arrived from Northern Tools which we ordered for a huge jet spraying job which will take the best part of a day. If it's any good then we'll get the gutter lance as well as it at that time of year for doing gutters.

When we unpacked it we thought it had one section missing but then we realised it was pushed down inside the main pole in spite of the instructions saying it was packed separately.

One thing which was annoying is that it didn't come with the nozzle. The instructions says it's a standard snap on type which no one in any place we've been in has heard of. We're doing the job on Sunday so I'm getting a bit concerned.

I also was a bit shocked at how heavy it is so I'll either have arms like Arnie or they'll be down by my feet.

I'll let you know how we get on but as a precaution - I'm not booking much work for Monday.  ;D

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2005, 10:30:27 pm »
One thing which was annoying is that it didn't come with the nozzle.

I orderd the pack of 5 with the 4.5 Orifice Plus a set of two came with the power washer..

Still not tried it yet, I have all this new kit and I just can't find the time to get my hands on it...

www.thewindowcleaner.biz

rosskesava

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2005, 01:01:39 am »
Hi thewindowcleaner1

I orderd the pack of 5 with the 4.5 Orifice Plus a set of two came with the power washer..

Were they the snap on type?

The end of the the jet spray lance we have is odd. It is brass and has about 6 or 8 very small ball bearings in it that can be seen when you pull back the sleeve or collar. It's about half inch diameter.

The hose that comes with it that goes up the inside of the poles like wfp is rated up to 3 500 odd psi. Seems a bit over the top for just a jet spray.

I'm just hoping we have not bought something that is something other than what we thought it was.

Still not tried it yet, I have all this new kit and I just can't find the time to get my hands on it...

What you really mean is you have not yet 'played' with it.  ;D

Cheers

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2005, 07:30:15 am »
Were they the snap on type?

Yes
www.northerntooluk.com
item number   25455E-146 
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Bazzy1999

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2005, 08:02:33 am »
Ive done about 10 jobs with the same 7.3m jet spray from Northern Tools and find it hard to cotrol above 5m but apart from that its a great bit of kit.

I hope you have strong arms coz your going to need them but Northern Tools do have a back belt for this jet spray Item No. 221555E but its out of stock.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2005, 08:06:20 am »
For anyone wanting to look at the items needed for the lance set up I have listed below the part numbers you need. Hope this info helps.  All items were ordered via their website :-

www.northerntooluk.com

We purchased :-

7.3m lance                                                  £69.99   part no. 22812E-146
Gutter attachment                                       £ 9.99    part no. 1573211E-146
Back Belt                                                    16.99    part No. 22155E-146

You will also need  a washer nozzle and pressure washer hose (£30.99 and £43.99 from NT).  We bought ours from our local www.pirtek.co.uk for £2.50 and £20 resectively.

The end of the the jet spray lance we have is odd. It is brass and has about 6 or 8 very small ball bearings in it that can be seen when you pull back the sleeve or collar. It's about half inch diameter.

The hose that comes with it that goes up the inside of the poles like wfp is rated up to 3 500 odd psi. Seems a bit over the top for just a jet spray.

Ross,

Sems like you ordered the same lance.  All you need now is the guter hook attachment and the nozzles and your away.  The pole is a bit heavier as the throw-back on the water pressure is strong.

Kind rgards,

Sarah

Sarah

Glen

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2005, 04:18:20 pm »
You will also need  a washer nozzle and pressure washer hose (£30.99 and £43.99 from NT).  We bought ours from our local www.pirtek.co.uk for £2.50 and £20 resectively.

What a massive price differential! Would the rest of the kit be cheaper also?