zesty

Re: Heater price is here (diesel)
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2019, 10:10:00 pm »
How much water do you get from the brush per minute at your normal pace ?

Never measured mate, standard shurflo pump at full chat, so probs 3lpm Max I reckon (pumps rated at 5.2lpm but that’s obviously hard to to achieve through 100m of hose and brush jets)

zesty

« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2019, 10:11:51 pm »
Yes , pump runs all day , it has to .

Think a bigger battery would be needed to run pump all day? What amp hours is yours?

chris turner

« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2019, 10:21:39 pm »

Flow controller with univalve is ok though?

nathankaye

« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2019, 11:02:49 pm »
Well here it is , a very poor look at the heater , not my strong point this , just ignore the noise level as my phone made it sound horrible when on full , it isn’t that bad !
Also don’t forget that all the pipes will be enclosed within a full alloy cage along with the PRV

https://youtu.be/IKwOvQOz2B8

Looks very good and the vid is great, answers many questions.
Neat set up as well 👍
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #144 on: December 12, 2019, 01:30:05 am »
It does not matter what set up you have as long as the pump does not stop at any point when the heater is working.
The spring controller, 3 button with cal or auto cal will need to be set manually to 99 so that the PRV activates before the controller cuts power to the pump

A very good condition battery is a must , mine is a 105 amp Numax , it gets fully charged after every single day without fail.
My pump shurflo 5.2 LPM is set to about 2 LPM , this and the heater draws about 5 amps per hour , my usual 6 hour day pulls about 30 amps in total 30% of battery capacity , if you are more of an 8 hour day merchant then a 120 amp battery is more suited as to not pull the battery down so much each day
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2019, 01:35:34 am »

Flow controller with univalve is ok though?
If it’s the common controller with Univalve it’s fine

P @ F

« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2019, 01:38:57 am »
Well here it is , a very poor look at the heater , not my strong point this , just ignore the noise level as my phone made it sound horrible when on full , it isn’t that bad !
Also don’t forget that all the pipes will be enclosed within a full alloy cage along with the PRV

https://youtu.be/IKwOvQOz2B8

Looks very good and the vid is great, answers many questions.
Neat set up as well 👍
Cheers Nath , I watched your channel for some pointers  ;D ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2019, 05:33:14 am »

Hi P@F

Is there a thermal cut out on the heater? So say for example you forget and turn the pump off, but the heater is still on, or your pump blows a fuse etc, does the heater cut out to prevent overheating?
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2019, 09:24:40 am »

Hi P@F

Is there a thermal cut out on the heater? So say for example you forget and turn the pump off, but the heater is still on, or your pump blows a fuse etc, does the heater cut out to prevent overheating?
The heater itself is fully protected against overheating on its own body but as the water heating side is an add on it cannot sense overheating water .
This is the only downside to it.
Pump failure or forgetting to turn the pump on will result in hose mishap !
I would like to address this issue but am unsure how , electronics are lost on me to that degree !
The only thing I could think of is some kind of flow sensor for the feed hose paired with a relay that cuts power to the diesel pump live , this would indeed force the heater into a shutdown via its own circuitry

All input welcomed!!

zesty

« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2019, 12:22:02 pm »
Rich, is there no way the diesel heater can fire up upon the pump being turned on? Like with my one shot? Or do all diesel heaters need a constant flow?

For some reason I had it in my head they would work like a gas heater, i.e as soon as water passes through, it fires up. Then shuts down when water flow stops...

P @ F

« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2019, 12:52:35 pm »
Rich, is there no way the diesel heater can fire up upon the pump being turned on? Like with my one shot? Or do all diesel heaters need a constant flow?

For some reason I had it in my head they would work like a gas heater, i.e as soon as water passes through, it fires up. Then shuts down when water flow stops...
I suppose there is a way with electronic wizardry , with my old L5 gas job when water stopped gas was stopped as there’s nothing to cool down like that , diesels need a proper shut down and burn off cycle to prevent coking up , plus constant shutdown and restarting all day would use more power over the day

P @ F

« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2019, 12:55:13 pm »
Fear not though as I had a chin wag with a clever chap this morning who runs a diesel heater forum and it looks like he already has the solution I need  ;D

lal

« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2019, 01:20:20 pm »

Nice setup P@F, looks very impressive.

Splash & dash

« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2019, 01:34:29 pm »

I suppose there is a way with electronic wizardry , with my old L5 gas job when water stopped gas was stopped as there’s nothing to cool down like that , diesels need a proper shut down and burn off cycle to prevent coking up , plus constant shutdown and restarting all day would use more power over the day

You also need the pump to continue running after the boiler is turned off to prevent over heating of the water in the heat exchanger this is a safety  feature on all diesel heaters

NWH

« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2019, 01:49:18 pm »
It will look good if you were to John Guest all the pipes and angle joints.

zesty

« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2019, 02:14:46 pm »
Fear not though as I had a chin wag with a clever chap this morning who runs a diesel heater forum and it looks like he already has the solution I need  ;D

Keep us posted 👍🏼

dazmond

« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2019, 03:45:56 pm »
id change all the connectors to john guest fittings.....other than that it looks great richy.... :)

by the way why do you need to have the pump running all the time?obviously my pump stops when i turn the univalve off on my pole,my heater doesnt shut down straight away...ive got at least 2-3 mins before it goes into its shut down cycle as it goes into half heat mode first.......by then ive either turned my tap back on or ive plugged it back into my tank to recirculate for my next job.....so my heater doesnt shut down until the end of my working day.....
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2019, 04:26:36 pm »
But the coolant pump in your system doesn’t stop Daz does it  ?
Me thinks yours would go bang too if it did !

P @ F

« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2019, 04:27:35 pm »
What connections are you all saying to change ?

zesty

« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2019, 05:04:50 pm »
What connections are you all saying to change ?

Think they just mean John guest fittings where any hoses meet...

Buyers can do that themselves anyways