UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

Electric truck mount

<< < (2/10) > >>

john martin:

--- Quote from: Mike Halliday on June 03, 2019, 05:03:19 pm ---I agree with you John it is a bag problems but I think they could worked out. It’s the power draw that’s the big issue. How do you split the power of 4 vacs,  a biggish pump and a pump out pump between 2 power cords .

Does it need a pump out? Could you just empty it manually or is the waste tank so small you would be emptying it after every room,  how about fitting a 12v pump out running of the van battery....... do you need a 35 gallon per minute pump out?

Like you mention Why such a big pump?  you could go as low as a 200psi  pump.

The positive thing is it a good looking unit,  compact and a good design

--- End quote ---

I would firstly buy it  ,  plug it in and attach an amp meter inline on each cord .... or better two amp meters , one one each cord to see whats happening in real time .
What you would see is the max amp draw only occurs in fully open airflow  ....  so as u clean with the wand on the carpet the amp draw on each cord dips by a third or more .
I would also see what effect adjusting the 1000psi pump to 250 or so has on its current draw .
Chances are even with the machine as standard ...  if you had you wand attached and were ready to clean you would see no issues electrically .
But as i use a four vacs myself daily , i know over time the plug fuse can cause issues by heating which causes a bad connection to its mounting pole ....and the resistance this causes eventually melts the plugs connection  .
You could replace the fuse plug with a wire strip ...and insted just have a little box with a trip breaker , i often meant to do that , i think i will with my next machine .

As for reducing the escapes current draw by changing the components  ...
Two of the four 1500w vacs could be swapped for 1200ws  ..

The pump could be changed  ... i dont think there is much difference between a 200psi and a 400/500psi current wise so id keep the pump at 400 or so as the water flow on a 200psi can be a bit low for quick carpet cleaning  ... 

The pumpout on the escape i would try and keep because its a decent high volume one .

there is plenty of electrical power in a house generally though ,  think of a machine like the standard enforcer ...   cord one had two vacs (1500w and 1200w and a  400psi pump .  Drawing about 12/13amps max .
but cord two has the same current draw for its water  heater  ....  and yet most people will just plug in the two cords to a double socket with no issues . So it would be no different to be running two more vacs on cord two insted of the heater .

Mike Halliday:
At £5000 it’s not something I would be interested in. I posted the link as I thought it was an interesting machine, I saw one before but it had a gas water heater fitted

john martin:
 :) thats dissapointing , i thought u were about to lead the electric revolution .
But , yeah , at 5000 no thanks  , although there is a good lot of accessories with it .
Robin Ray came close to running one .

Robin Ray:
I bought one and discovered the World wide cleaning support had cut the USA type plug off of a cord that was going to draw 20A and replaced it with a 13 A british plug!!! !!!

They .......eventually..... refunded me after I pointed out the massive dangers of drawing 20 amps through a 13 amp plug and socket!

It is simply not made for uk electrics and Worldwide cleaning support know it!!

It is a real shame because the concept is great.

Ned Kelly:
https://www.magicwandcompany.com/product-p/escape-lite-vortex.htm
What's this "vortex technology " all about chaps? Is it a another new breakthrough in portables lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version