UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

Electric truck mount

(1/10) > >>

Mike Halliday:
What’s people opinion of this machine?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Refurbished-2018-Mytee-Escape-Electric-Truck-mount-Carpet-Cleaner-6-MNTH-RTB/113744276598?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107095009%26meid%3D917f52faf91c4ec5a2e470369ac37ae9%26pid%3D100040%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D113740900603%26itm%3D113744276598&_trksid=p2046732.c100040.m2060

john martin:
where do u start  ...
see the warning at the bottom of the ad  , thats a good pace to start  . 

btw woodbridge now sell the newer two 6.6lx version which will have no issues here ... but is it worth the money ..

So main issue with the four vac one is ...   it was designed in the USA ... Mytee seem to have little knowledge or interest generally in the Uk market to find out how they could have adapted it to comply with out 13amp plug fuse issue .

So they ended up with about 14 amps on cord one  .... and up to 18 or so on cord two .
Our plug fuse will start to get hot at 18 amps and the resistance heating effect will eventually burn up the plug if its not changed regularly .

If you Mike were to buy it , im sure you could live with  or work around ( bypass the plug  fuse and fit a trip inline perhaps ?)  the issue , but to the average buyer they would just want plug and play .

The uk version they should have made should have had a HD electro +a SD On each cord  + a 400psi pump is enough for carpet in general .  Also i believe in the UK /ireland generally we can get much closer to the house than some of the american TM pics i see where they seem to have grass almost up to the door with a walk path but no close parking .

But fair  play to mytee for making it  ,i believe there is a market in the uk for a suitable one , cant see the usual uk suppliers bothering any time soon  ,  The performance of four vacs in series/parallel is excellent though .
The new Two vac LX version is suppose to work well , but it seems to end up almost twice the asking price they sell for in the US, so value for money is questionable ...  and its built again for the US market  , we could probably squeeze more performance add another vac or two over here at 230v .

Mike , if u had the time you know you could make one for less then a grand , four 6.6 would be best .

edward coller:
seen a nos of these on US sites and the guys seem to generally love em... most seem to power them from a generater and often take hot water direct from the from the faucet.... ie homeowners supply, anos have had issues when using custys leccie...think ill stick to my T/M for the moment.

Mike Halliday:
I agree with you John it is a bag problems but I think they could worked out. It’s the power draw that’s the big issue. How do you split the power of 4 vacs,  a biggish pump and a pump out pump between 2 power cords .

Does it need a pump out? Could you just empty it manually or is the waste tank so small you would be emptying it after every room,  how about fitting a 12v pump out running of the van battery....... do you need a 35 gallon per minute pump out?

Like you mention Why such a big pump?  you could go as low as a 200psi  pump.

The positive thing is it a good looking unit,  compact and a good design

Neil Worsnop:
There is a means of generating 40Amps at 230V using the vehicle engine to drive a gearbox mounted generator.  Expensive though compared to a few extension leads and pushes the whole system into truckmount territory price wise,  even if not so for performance.

I've looked at it in the past and have the idea on hold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version