texas girl

It is Money Making Time!
« on: February 16, 2005, 03:01:10 am »
Hey dudes! ;D

Take heart; spring is almost here! It is time to prepare for the large load of customers we will all be cleaning! 8)

Now is the time to make sure equipment is in good shape; take inventory of all your supplies; where is that customer list? ???

Now is the time to consider training someone as a helper so you will be ready when the overload hits! :o

Now is the time to order the flyers: business cards; door hanger ads; what ever the bait is: now is the time to prepare! :)

Get all your books in order. Any extra paperwork that is behind; now is the time to get caught up! :D

Now is the time to brainstorm and set your goals for this year! 8)

Now is the time to dream  the dream of success, and how you can achieve it! ;D

Shake off those damp dark cold shivers; it is time to envision just around the corner; Sunshine and prosperity! 8)

Get up off the couch and prepare to  attract those lady customers (not to mention your wives).  Work that body!  :P :-* :-*

Be ready because one thing is sure; if you do nothing to prepare you will not achieve all you are capable of achieving! Now is the time to get a head start and get those money makers ready! :o
Debbie

AuRavelling79

Re: It is Money Making Time!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 08:14:35 am »
Spring? You're 'avin' a laff!

I looked outside at 7.30 and I reckon its the hardest frost we've had all winter! Mind you down here in wussy South-West it's probably only minus 3!

Gotta go - doing an inside job at half eight down the road - toastie!
It's a game of three halves!

Colin_Glenn

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 09:10:20 am »
Gotta go - doing an inside job at half eight down the road

Hmmm, it' now 9:00 am and your still on line. Naughty!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Transparent Weather Exclusion Systems Technician.

texas girl

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 02:06:36 pm »
Hey Mal!

"Preparation". 8) That is what it is time for!  I know it is still bitter and cold, especially where you live, :P but now is a very good time to look ahead and be reminded of what is to come.   8)

If you are like me, during  a winter(which is only 2 months in Texas), I tend to  look ahead because I detest cold weather and the darkness, the ice, the suffering in the cold, etc. :-[

The best way to  get back on a positive is to think ahead and to prepare for it! 8)  Especially all the dudes who have developed a bit of a spread in the middle from sitting on the couch with the remote during those non working days.   :o

Get up! Rejoice! ;D  The suffering days will be over before you know it!

Get yourself in shape if you need it. Get ready in your mind!  :-*

Having been born in Iowa, and since I spent 18 years there, I know what a long harsh winter is. Why do you think I moved as soon as I was 18? ;D

I may be a blonde, but I am no fool! ;D :-* :-* :-*
Debbie

texas girl

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 02:15:17 pm »
Hey all you handsome smart men who have joined the "brave; the proud, the few great's"; THE WINDOW CLEANERS!!!! ;D

We are all unique and I think; of a very intelligent breed. Think positive! Always think positive. What is the alternative? ???

I may be a blonde(I really am a true blonde), but I am no fool! :o

Now excuse me while I go pack for Orlando. :-* :-* :-*
Debbie

Roy Harding

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 04:08:06 pm »
Hi Texas Girl

Im on the case! :) Have ordered new T shirts, and trousers also sweat shirts and jackets, for the gang. Awaiting the embroidery work for logo and company name to be done. But still have to get safety shoes. :)

So lets do it best year ever :)

Duke

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 05:24:52 pm »
ye god's...are you all on something ????   (where's mine ?).....lol...

rosskesava

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 05:45:07 pm »
Hi Texas Girl

Spring??????????

This morning my squeege stuck to a window and by 2pm we were so cold we packed up for the day.

Outside at the moment (5.40pm) it's -2.6 C.

With regards looking forwards to spring and so on, all I wish for right now is

1) a week with no rain

2) more than 3 days with no high winds

3) a bit of warm sunshine during the days

4) to stop spending tons of time just sitting in the van waiting on the weather and

5) to be able to organise the weeks work and to be actually able to do it.

I don't think the suffering days will be over for a few months yet.  :-[

Cheers

Ross

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 06:39:30 pm »
cant believe some of you gave up just because it's a bit nippy :o
started at 7:30 finished at 5:00. Suothern softies!!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 07:51:53 pm »
Reply to Colin Glenn:-

No mate, not me! I was definitely at my customers at 8:30 (my post was 8:14 swigging my tea and scoffing my bacon sarnie just prior to diving out the door) cuz she needed to have me help her back out of her drive because her car was all iced up!

And despite being a southern softy Stuart, I finished at 5 pm as the light faded too - then I went to price up a battery for my aquatec trolley! it was cold but sunny today and I got a full day in, just like yesterday and Monday!

And to Texas:-

Two month winter eh? Oh I wish! ;D

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 08:13:46 pm »
That's the spirit MalcG

Duke

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 08:19:10 pm »
yeah, freeze all Winter...then bake all Summer....

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 08:51:32 pm »
Hi Stuart

You start at 7.30 ...............

Ye Gods ..............

Help

Yup. I'm a Southern Softie. I get up at 8.45 and we on our way at about 9.15 at the earliest.

Also, do you think Texas Girl is so gung-ho because of the climate in Texas?

Her postings above wore me out just thinking about it.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 08:55:51 pm »
Texas Girl is "gung-ho" because she earns far mor than us across the pond !!

Philip Hanson

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 11:54:32 pm »
We're extremely privileged to have an overseas member who is willing to share her experience.  I for one am very interested to know how things are done overseas.

I'm sure other members here will also join me in welcoming this "international flavour" especially by keeping the discussion professional.

Thank you Texas Girl, and keep up the good work!

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

texas girl

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 12:03:10 am »
To all of you handsome intelligent detemined  guys out there:

I know it is challenging in the winter(why do you think I live in Texas?). But I would encourage you all to be thankful for everything that you have created for yourselves. 8) 8) 8)

For one thing; you are your own boss! And even tho it is still cold; look at it as an adventure! Isn't there something adventureous about being out in the cold working while others are complaining about getting to their cars, getting out in it, etc? :o

I love this business, and it is a blessing to be able to make a living at it. I relay this message to all you handsome dudes because I know what it is like to do everything that you are doing right now. :P

Except for the WFP.  I need some teaching on that. I am thankful to all you guys for turning me on to that idea.  ;D

I have paid my dues. I have worn the long johns and worked when it was 25 degrees outside. The bills do not stop coming because it is cold.

I have worked the hours; I still do, but my work is managing the business mostly now. I would encourage everyone to dream the dream. ;D ;D ;D

And, yes, that is me at my home. But I have been in business a very long time.  I have started over in my life at least 3 times. :P

Do you know that Donald Trump; a well known billianare in the US has filed for bankruptsy at least 10 times? :o

My main message is that I love and admire you all, and I encourage you to make your dreams come true. (and from a female point of view, a sexy chest and abs, and everything else on a man ) turns me on, so get off that couch and start the push-ups! :-* :-* :-*

Debbie

texas girl

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 12:08:06 am »
By the way,

Would anyone be willing to fly over here for a week to train me in operating the WFP?  I will pay for all expenses. :o
Debbie

ztech

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 12:50:12 am »
do they not have training courses over there
playboy window cleaner

karlosdaze

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 07:15:41 pm »
By the way,

Would anyone be willing to fly over here for a week to train me in operating the WFP?  I will pay for all expenses. :o
Get in touch with:-
Aquaclean (Ettore)
Tuckerpole
I quick search on google will get you the nearest outlet. They usually come round and demonstate the system for free.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 11:01:47 pm »
Hey Philip, shouldn't that be international "flavor?" written the American way? I would have thought a reader of American literature would have realised that! ;D