Roy Harding

What a great day
« on: November 14, 2008, 03:26:32 pm »
Working in a T shirt today, dont you just love working out side.

Roy

Roy Harding

Re: What a great day
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 03:27:48 pm »
Look at the gardens

ftp

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 03:34:50 pm »
Bit different to the cat crap infested hell holes i worked in today, even though i was wearing a t shirt.  >:(

Roy Harding

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 03:39:04 pm »
All my work is rural and the views are breath taking. It just makes the job very rewarding.

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 03:39:36 pm »
Bit different to the cat crap infested hell holes i worked in today, even though i was wearing a t shirt.  >:(

I did a posh house in Shirenewton today; indoor swimming pool, underfloor heating; granite kitchen worktops, electric entrance gates, stables; but they have two dogs that poo everywhere.

Poo is just not limited to working-class homes.

Roy Harding

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:41:08 pm »

I did a posh house in Shirenewton today; indoor swimming pool, underfloor heating; granite kitchen worktops, electric entrance gates, stables; but they have two dogs that poo everywhere.

Poo is just not limited to working-class homes.

I was only a few mile away in Penault.

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 03:42:39 pm »
All my work is rural and the views are breath taking. It just makes the job very rewarding.

Roy

I think we're all lucky, those of us who live along or by the Wye Valley.

I love the place; I have a dog who needs walking; so I get out to enjoy the place frequently, whether I like it or not.

Roy likes it though, 'cos there's lots of rich people round here!  ;)

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 03:47:35 pm »
I was only a few mile away in Penault.

Roy

So that house in Penault, the one in the picture; posh looking place; does the owner have any dogs or a burglar alarm?

Just wondering.

Roy Harding

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 03:51:53 pm »
 ;D

Both and the old CTV.

I do 4 real big ones in penault, one is Rob Plants old place.

Nice area.

Have you seen that new squeegee?  ;)

Roy

ftp

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 03:55:07 pm »
Is that the name of it next to the picture?
Interestingly i live in surroundings very similar to that (well i don't mean live) there are a lot of sooper dooper country houses very close to my area. The trouble is someone else cleans them all i think because i haven't picked many up. How do you go about getting this work?

Roy Harding

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 04:01:54 pm »
Is that the name of it next to the picture?
Interestingly i live in surroundings very similar to that (well i don't mean live) there are a lot of sooper dooper country houses very close to my area. The trouble is someone else cleans them all i think because i haven't picked many up. How do you go about getting this work?

Yes it is the name, Ive been cleaning this one about 24yrs now, great people.

When I started in our town there was only 2 main window cleaners. So I went out into the rural areas and canvased the villages. And now have a lot of nice jobs.

You have to drive 3-4 mins beetween jobs.

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 04:04:37 pm »

I've done well this year in three affluent country areas (Llangum, Llansoy, and Shirenewton; for the local lads) and all of them came to me by way of recommendation.  My smallest account is in Llansoy and that's £20.  It adds upto three-days work for us; all of it is every-other-month; but I do look forward to this part of my round.

matt

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 04:07:57 pm »
i clean a long road that over looks a valley and its very nice, all have nice views, to be honest, i dont really care for them, i work and thats it

it doenst matter to me if they have cracking views of the canel or live in a 3 bed on a new build estate, ive never been 1 to take in views ( a bit sad really )

Roy Harding

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 04:08:15 pm »
I pass through Llansoy

My brother in law used to clean most of the village there.

Roy

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 04:10:23 pm »

I've done well this year in three affluent country areas (Llangum, Llansoy, and Shirenewton; for the local lads) and all of them came to me by way of recommendation.  My smallest account is in Llansoy and that's £20.  It adds upto three-days work for us; all of it is every-other-month; but I do look forward to this part of my round.
It gets boring after 11 years though!
I've got over 3 day's work in Shirenewton alone.

Roy Harding

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 04:13:41 pm »

It gets boring after 11 years though!
I've got over 3 day's work in Shirenewton alone.

I spend a whole week starting at Itton, Devauden,Wolvesnewtton, Catbook, Whitebook, Penault.

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 04:20:09 pm »
You lot do know I note all this information down, and should any of you get knocked over/die suddenly, I know straight away where to canvass?

Roy Harding

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 04:23:22 pm »
You lot do know I note all this information down, and should any of you get knocked over/die suddenly, I know straight away where to canvass?

I left it all to you in my will Tosh ;D

Do you do the houses in Llansoy set back off the road theres about 10 -12 of them?

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 04:28:49 pm »

Do you do the houses in Llansoy set back off the road theres about 10 -12 of them?

Roy

Thankyou!

No I don't I've two on the main drag, not far from the end of the villaige and I do a farmhouse just outside of Llansoy on a narrow road that leads to Llangum.

But should I?

I plan to leaflet the place next Spring and if I get a couple of calls, I may canvass.

Roy Harding

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 04:32:25 pm »

Roy

Thankyou!

No I don't I've two on the main drag, not far from the end of the villaige and I do a farmhouse just outside of Llansoy on a narrow road that leads to Llangum.

But should I?

I plan to leaflet the place next Spring and if I get a couple of calls, I may canvass.

I would asap as my brother in law has given up about 8 months ago.

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 04:38:20 pm »
Roy,

Thanks; I'm up there on Tuesday; so I'll make sure I'm there early to leaflet the place.

Cheers, that may explain why I recently got two of these accounts in the last three months.

If you've any other tips, pass them on, toshisba@yahoo.co.uk.

I'll buy you a breakfast for every account we get!

;)

ftp

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 04:50:26 pm »
i clean a long road that over looks a valley and its very nice, all have nice views, to be honest, i dont really care for them, i work and thats it

it doenst matter to me if they have cracking views of the canel or live in a 3 bed on a new build estate, ive never been 1 to take in views ( a bit sad really )

That's really sad, I love that kind of work especially in the spring, the bigger the better to keep me there as long as possible. That kind of work to me is what the job's all about. If all my work was housing estates i'd go mental i think.

Tosh

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 05:13:13 pm »
I clean the hotel just across the road from this place (it's one of my favourate accounts):

Roy Harding

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 05:17:37 pm »
I used to clean the Abey Hotel, years ago. Inside and out £120.

Lead windows on the bar.

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 05:27:56 pm »

Lead windows on the bar.

Roy

Did you ever see any ghosts?  The staff are always complaining about them; honest; though I haven't seen any.  I always send Wor Lass to clean the inside part of the hotel where they're seen mostly; she doesn't know that though.  ;D

I've also got about five accounts in Tintern too; all nice ones (apart from one with trees and climbing plants growing all over it).

We're lucky to live in such a nice area.

Roy Harding

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 05:31:53 pm »

Lead windows on the bar.

Roy

Did you ever see any ghosts?  The staff are always complaining about them; honest; though I haven't seen any.  I always send Wor Lass to clean the inside part of the hotel where they're seen mostly; she doesn't know that though.  ;D

I've also got about five accounts in Tintern too; all nice ones (apart from one with trees and climbing plants growing all over it).

We're lucky to live in such a nice area.

No saw nothing.

A lot of the shops in Tintern look really dirty, the art shop etc.

Roy

Tosh

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 05:35:07 pm »
A lot of the shop in Tintern look really dirty, the art shop etc.

Roy

I've noticed that too; and the tourist place by the Abbey Mill; but they've been like that for years!  Maybe it would be worth me calling in, I've meant too; you know what it's like, you get a bit lazy don't you.

Maybe in the New Year.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 05:35:46 pm »
Part of my patch overlooks the Bristol Channel/South Wales hills and when I do the villages on the Bristol side of the Severn Estuary it's really great.

Sometimes I'm sure I can see Tosh as I look down on Chepstow and the old Severn bridge.
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 05:38:13 pm »
Impressive pictures Mr. Coleman!

Ever taken any from the Devil's Pulpit on the other side of the river?

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 05:40:10 pm »
Part of my patch overlooks the Bristol Channel/South Wales hills and when I do the villages on the Bristol side of the Severn Estuary it's really great.

Sometimes I'm sure I can see Tosh as I look down on Chepstow and the old Severn bridge.

Would that be anywhere near Portishead Malc?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2008, 05:40:29 pm »
Ah, strange...!
I didn't think it came up, and it was just a long address. ???

So I deleted the post!

geefree

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2008, 05:41:36 pm »
I clean the hotel just across the road from this place (it's one of my favourate accounts):

beautiful .

geefree

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2008, 05:42:29 pm »
the photo... it didnt come up in my quote/reply.... lol  ;)

Roy Harding

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2008, 05:44:38 pm »
Ah, strange...!

So I deleted the post!

Re post them Roger.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2008, 06:20:43 pm »

Would that be anywhere near Portishead Malc?

I've got a bit of commercial on Portbury Docks but I was actually referring to Olveston, a bit further up the Severn.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2008, 06:34:22 pm »
I had a job in st georges hill, weybridge in surrey last week. you need go through security gates just to get in the park and all the houses there are huge with electric gates,

How the other half live!

STEVE-UK

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2008, 06:37:37 pm »
you gotta have a look  - www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-22083107.rsp?pa_n=1&tr_t=buy&mam_disp=true

this wasnt it but very simular!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008, 07:16:06 pm »
Ah, strange...!

So I deleted the post!

Re post them Roger.
Them? I thought it was just one? ???

I'll just put the links up, instead of resizing them...

www.flickr.com/photos/10024613@N06/1525656606/

www.flickr.com/photos/10024613@N06/1936071838/

www.flickr.com/photos/10024613@N06/1543800055/

Tosh

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 07:31:36 pm »

www.flickr.com/photos/10024613@N06/1543800055/

I was going to extract the 'proverbial', but they're brilliant!

I like this one, but the one I saw of your daughter pulling a funny face is my favourate.

gary999

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 07:54:21 pm »
love the tranquil mist reminds me of the many early mornings i
spend on the river :)

whereabouts is it looks a great place to fish