poleman

Re: A New Window Cleaning Website
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 07:54:48 pm »
you will recieve periodical information and notices from OUR suppliers.

So you have done a deal then, like i have said all along come clean.   

Andy

PWWC

Re: A New Window Cleaning Website New
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2006, 08:14:32 pm »
I have sent an email to all of the 10 manufacturers that I have used. I have asked them to provide me with up-to-date information for the site. I have recieved responses from some but not all.

That was one week ago. I am giving you a preview this evening but may be taking the site down later on.

This site is still in its BETA stage. Feedback from manufacterers and users is very important. I have explained this in some detail in the "site policy" section.

As to "coming clean" I have stated in one of my earlier post
I am asking the manufacturers for a small fee to cover the set up, hosting and maintenance of the site. It is the same for all manufacturers no matter how many products they have.

PWWC

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 08:23:17 pm »
Regarding
I have had to program and fill all the content of this site myself. If some of the content seems misleading and you think I am buying up water systems that can cost up to 10k and selling them on an internet site then fine - but the site itself is telling you that is not what it is for and that would not make sense.

david-maunder

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2006, 09:58:47 pm »
??????????????????????????

cant access the site ??? ???

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2006, 06:22:21 am »

So you have done a deal then, like i have said all along come clean.   

Andy

Hi Andy.
Personally, I think it would be reasonable to see where Elliot goes with this before questioning his motives.  Sometimes people do things just for the crack.

John Conroy

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2006, 09:30:24 am »
Have to disagree, if its not Independent then we needed to know and he has asked for are views and that is what we are doing ;)

laddersfreejason

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2006, 09:36:00 am »
In its early stages but not bad at all. Will look forward to seeing the new site. The word 'disclaimer' is spelt wrong on the Homepage.

Every bit of feedback helps.

Regards
Jason
LaddersFree Ltd

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2006, 11:02:27 am »
Have to disagree, if its not Independent then we needed to know and he has asked for are views and that is what we are doing ;)

Sure thing.  I've no problem with what you have written.  I just felt that Poleman seemed to be accusing the guy of being devious before he had seen what the guy had to offer.  OK, so he may eventually turn out to be devious but what I'm suggesting is to lay off the accusations/insinuations until there is fair justification for them.

PWWC

Re: A New Window Cleaning Website New
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2006, 11:56:23 am »
Okay thanks for all your help - you too Poleman, you helped to iron out a few issues and helped people to appreciate where I stand.

I have taken into consideration the suggestions, there is no longer a "what’s new" box on the front page as the latest products will always benefit from that and if things are a bit slow then they would remain there. I didn't like that box much anyway.

I have taken of the Gender and Date of Birth from the registration form as I won't be sending you all birthday cards and I can't think of any other reason I might need it. It is also a risk these days with ID fraud etc. Gender was only there so the site could address you as Mr or Ms when it emailed you and we can live without that!

Disclaimer was spelt incorrectly but I would be supprised if it were the only typo - thanks for pointing that out Jason.

Also I have taken all of my reviews off of the site - my main reason for releasing the address was to get some real reviews from window cleaners using the system. I can hardly write one about the system I use without getting called biased.

If anyone who has registered would like to review a product that would be interesting.

Many thanks

Elliot