H h20

Has WFP become a hobby ?
« on: January 08, 2006, 04:09:02 pm »
I don`t know if any of you are as sad as me ::),but since i started with wfp especially going down the diy road,i seem to be spending alot of my spare time looking for new parts and ways of making it easier to use and ok messing with it just for the hell of it  ;D,i have not once got bored or fedup with it,i really enjoy going to work A LOT MORE since i stopped using ladders and when iv`e done some changes i can`t wate to test it out,Gaz  ;)

Sarah Sarill

Re: Has WFP become a hobby ?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 04:33:37 pm »
Your not alone Gaz,

Its addictive !!!

Ask my hubby - I haven't had a real conversation with him about anything (except wfp) for months  ::)

Sarah
Sarah

brett walker

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 04:45:30 pm »
After doing 14 yrs traditional in a way its been like starting a new job, very challenging and exciting to learn new things keeps the mind occupied always learning.  About wfp its made the job a lot more interesting. 8)

Hobbie, yes just ask the wife if im not talking about wfp im on here, i must spend a hour with her one of these days i'll check my diary ;D

Brett

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 05:07:49 pm »
me too gaz,
i know where your'e coming from i'm always tinkering about with it making minor improvements
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

s.hughes

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 05:12:09 pm »
Just been in the shed fitting a new water butt. Its not high enough to fill my 25l containers so I am thinking of what to use under it. I'm out at dinner tonight and I bet it will be on my mind.

Steve

H h20

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 05:59:54 pm »
LOL  :D,thanks guys i thort i was on my own,i`m not a sad case after all im inbetween cooking tea and doing some water ready for tomorrow and getting the rest of my system all ready to load into the van,Gaz  ;)

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 06:01:42 pm »
and girls  ;)

Sarah

H h20

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 06:08:12 pm »

steve k

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 06:23:14 pm »
I`m tinkering with the idea of setting up a static water making base in my shed using the RO components fitted in my van. I hope this way to make water all day when I am out and instead of my van being tied up for 4 hours every night, I should be able to pump the water from butts via a submersible pump into my van tank in minutes each morning.
I do find the idea of a project like this a bit train spottingly exciting.
I am also thinking to add a trolley to my toolbox as there are a few places where it would be ideal on my round.
I`d love to make my own but the thought of sourcing parts and getting things wrong when I could just get one already made, tried and tested without losing a few days of my time at work/leisure is a bit more tempting.
I can definately see the attraction in discovering a way of working that speeds you up no end and does a good job. Inventor instinct I think. ;D

macc

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 06:28:45 pm »
i agree with u all. i used 2 hate mondays, 2 be honest i didnt work them. now ive a wfp, im ready 2 go. my partner is sick of hearing about it, she said if i didnt shut up she would leave. shes still here so have 2 go on about it in my sleep

H h20

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 09:41:53 pm »
I`ve got some 3 storey houses to do tomorrow,i use to have to mess about doing the fronts from the van then getting the trolley out to do the backs,but having got myself 60m of microbore hose it should be a doddle,i spent some of this morning getting my hose reel set up with the new connections and may even get another 30m just so i can paly about with it a bit more  :D,Gaz

preston powerblast

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 10:16:51 pm »
I have only just started with it.
I have really enjoyed sourcing the components and building the system.
I must say i have enjoyed using it.
But like you I am looking at ways to improve it.
I found an old trolley in the shed on Friday and guess what?
Yep I fixed a battery a pump and winch strapped on a 25 litre container.
Now its really mobile.
So I have decided to use it this way now and use the 500 litre in the van to refill the containers.
I even cleaned the wifes car with it this afternoon and what a good job it did.
The wife has said on numerous occasions that i have found a new toy.
So I will have to agree, it has become a sort of hobby.
                                                        Gary

matt

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 10:20:15 pm »
i was like that

i am now getting bored of it all, i dunno, might be the 3 weeks off i have had for christmas

s.hughes

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 10:34:35 pm »
i was like that

i am now getting bored of it all, i dunno, might be the 3 weeks off i have had for christmas
Matt you just cant get bored with it, you are our source, YOU Are The Man.

Steve

mark6765

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 11:00:28 pm »
its been a new start for me and very interesting. i had 5 employees doing it the traditional way. then my wife died. had 2 years off work to look after me kids. and i expected me round to be there for me when i was ready.
no such luck guys but wfp has give me the challenge i need.
it seems strange starting again after i thout i had secured my future  allready through window cleanig. im up 4 the challenge. done it once. i know i can do it again.  and now i got you lot . i cnt fail. :)

matt

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2006, 11:32:05 pm »
i was like that

Steve

lol

i might have that as a "qoute" here :)

matt

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2006, 11:34:50 pm »
i was like that

Steve

ph and thanks

i go through spells online, get bored every now and then :)

Oh and ive not been abused by any1 recently, i dont know, but i think they might be starting to like me  ::) ::) ;D ;D

busydaffodil

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2006, 04:25:58 pm »
Who are "they"?

matt

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2006, 04:42:57 pm »
"they" know who they are  ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2006, 05:05:57 pm »
Can't believe I missed this one. :o
You lot give me ammo you really do. ;D

Hobby?!! It's work, it's not like we're sportsmen.
Mmmm, pumps...flow...pole... :P

I keep having reccuring dreams of a shiny new brass squeegee.... ;D ;D ;D

H h20

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 05:49:05 pm »
Squeeky Rog,you obviously don`t know what you`re missing,but i bet you are really a closet wfper,thats why you read this post,Gaz

busydaffodil

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2006, 06:29:31 pm »
Rog - is that you in disguise because you dont want to be seen with a pole in your hand??? ;)   

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 06:31:42 pm »
Yes. I didn't think it was noticeable when the photo was taken.  :-\

Like my photoshop work?
Not as good as the nice lady I did a while back.(if you know what I mean) ;D

Rog.

g_griffin

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2006, 07:19:03 pm »
500 bus stops may seem a tad too many

But when you are without a car that numbers necessary.

Gerry. 

dai

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2006, 07:58:39 pm »
Mark, I feel for you mate. I lost my mrs 13 years ago.
When the worst thing that can ever happen to you does, And you survive it. There's nothing that can hurt you.
So life hit you with it's best punch. you staggered but never went down.
You take all the feelings, the pain, the anger, especially the anger, and channel it all into positive momentum and go for it. you'v been through the fire, felt the heat from the flames. Your invincible, you fear nothing.
I am lucky enough to have found love again. To have someone in my life that's more important to me than I am. The price to pay for that is that I am vunerable again, all the old fears have returned.
To get back on thread, I am always tinkering and trying to improve things. Matt's
site is a great place to exchange ideas. WFP has become a hobby, it's an outlet for creativity. It's the little guys like us that use WFP every day, that will take it forward.
We encounter problems, solve them, try new ideas and adopt or reject them.
It's one of the few hobbies that actually make you money. With projects in mind, and no time to work on them, It takes the pain out of being rained off too. DAI