bobplum

more custys going on to
« on: March 27, 2010, 08:00:43 pm »
two month cleans, from 4 weeks to 8 weeks
im really struggling as to what to do ! keep the same price for the 8 week clean as it was for the 4 week clean or add a few quid(aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh bashing head on desk,ow that one hurt) :P :'(
bob

Blue Frog Systems

Re: more custys going on to
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 08:14:58 pm »
I charge an extra £2 for 8 weekly

Some do, some don't.... Up to you
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

S.A.J

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 08:23:04 pm »
I presume you either have so many customers now that you are moving them out to 2 monthly so you can take on more or customers are asking you can they change to 2 monthly.
Either way sell it to them that they will be saving money, for example
Customer currently pays £10 per month
Change to 2 monthly at £12 or £13
Customer saves £7 or £8 every 2 months or £42/£48 per year

And of course everytime you do the do the clean you are getting paid more for what is nominal extra work.

james44

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 08:31:15 pm »
from 4 weeks to 8 weeks

bobplum i have been saying this for months that this was going to happen! most of my new customers are 8 weeklys i have said this on the dial-a-clean thread, i offer customers 4/8/12 weekly cleans, i have had a huge uptake on the 8 weekly adjust your price,

this is working well i have changed a few of my 4 weekly at there request to 8 weekly and charge a bit more strange really as some of them would moan if i tried to raise prices buy 50p yet because they are saving money and you earn more it works both ways

cleewindows

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 08:34:48 pm »
your doing to good a job,must be wfp i presume,cause one rain fall traditional and they look a mess again.

im really struggling as to what to do ! keep the same price for the 8 week clean as it was for the 4 week clean or add a few quid(aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh bashing head on desk,ow that one hurt) :P :'(
bob

jonnyald

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 08:46:08 pm »
your doing to good a job,must be wfp i presume,cause one rain fall traditional and they look a mess again.

bob
cleemate  ,thats poppycock what you just said

james44

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 08:49:42 pm »
Totally agree jonnyald

cleewindows

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 09:09:28 pm »
why? ;D ;D ;D people are far too serious!

Totally agree jonnyald

james44

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 09:12:30 pm »
No clee, the trad joke is beginning to ware thin, and as you have no experience in either trad or wfp you are in no position to slag anything off

cleewindows

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 09:20:02 pm »
oooooooooooooooooo i have experience in both thank you!

Ian Mason

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 09:20:58 pm »
I can`t work clee out ???

He is constantly running tradders down & claiming ladders are banned. ::)

I reckon he is a tradder really, that has hit upon a niche market & trying to convince people to go WFP in reverse psychological kind of way. :)

cleewindows

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 09:22:02 pm »
 ;D

I can`t work clee out ???

He is constantly running tradders down & claiming ladders are banned. ::)

I reckon he is a tradder really, that has hit upon a niche market & trying to convince people to go WFP in reverse psychological kind of way. :)

james44

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 09:24:57 pm »
oooooooooooooooooo i have experience in both thank you!

looking back on your profile tells me you haven`t

daz1977

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 09:29:01 pm »
i think 8 weeks might be come the norm, once custy realise that there windows are clean after 4 weeks,  i am thinking of putting every one on 6 week cycle, sort of in the middle,   i dont think the winter help where some custy waited 2-3 montsh to get there windows cleaned and realised that they stay clean,

i woudl rather put a custy on a 8 week cycle than lose them all together

mci services

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 09:30:30 pm »
ive just looked at last posts and clee has all of 4 months experience but 400 plus posts so he must know what hes doing surely ::)

cleewindows

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 09:31:02 pm »
i think doing 50 houses wfp in last week proves i have experience!
as for traditional one of my old mates in leicester was traditional,helped a few times but done downstairs!
To be honest i don't need to justify myself to you to prove im worthy of a comment or opinion! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cleewindows

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 09:31:57 pm »
im not worthy  ;D ;D ;D
ive just looked at last posts and clee has all of 4 months experience but 400 plus posts so he must know what hes doing surely ::)

martinsadie

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 09:35:09 pm »
im not worthy  ;D ;D ;D
thats very true

cleewindows

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 09:36:42 pm »

;)

im not worthy  ;D ;D ;D
thats very true

mci services

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 09:56:46 pm »
clee i am not one to get involved in arguments wfp vs trad or whatever, but saying doing a job trad will be trashed after the first bit of rain is untrue. and your constant ladders are banned is also untrue as is stating your insurance will not pay out etc.

i have a seventeen year old employee that has been window cleaning longer than you. he can clean trad and wfp with van mount, trolley, backpack as well as ladder, trad pole.

i am well up for a laugh and taking the pee but it does get on peoples nerves sometimes.

anyway back to the subject i dont tend to add more for an 8 weekly clean and i would like to add i have just done an inside clean on a wfp job that was done 3 weeks ago and you can certainly see the outsides need doing soon so its not as wonderfull as we all like to think

woody1

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2010, 08:21:39 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

cleewindows

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 10:14:12 am »
sorry guys,no offence meant!

mci services

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 12:07:20 pm »
sorry guys,no offence meant!

no problem ;D peace to all

cleewindows

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 12:18:23 pm »
cool m8

T J Stevens

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 12:30:05 pm »
I offer Monthly, Bi-Monthly and one off cleans.
To suit the customer
25% extra on Bi-Monthly(£5 min)
50% extra on One off Cleans

I have more Monthly than Bi-monthly, one off cleans(yes you do get them!) very rarely, but well worth doing!

chopsie

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 12:35:53 pm »
I charge same for monthly,bi-monthly and 6 weekly,It takes no longer to clean them on any period. Cannot justify charging extra (unless next to a busy main road or something).Just would not sit right with me,just get a few more customers to fill the gaps
chopsie

SPE

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 12:41:14 pm »
had this happen at beginning of 'credit crunch'
I hit the middle ground with 6 weekly, a compromise and no price increase, they can take it or leave it, allows me room for more work and a period of catch up for bad weather and holidays.

T J Stevens

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 12:48:11 pm »
Sorry I should have mentioned I live by the sea and a lot of grime can build up over the extra time, therefore I do justify the extra charge!
Interestingly enough it's the customers choice at the end of the day!
If they are happy and I am happy, that sits very well with me!

chopsie

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 01:02:09 pm »
no need to justify it to me mate,Its just my opinion for my personal situation,If you want to charge extra thats fair enough,I just choose not to.I am a newbie anyway so take no notice of me  :) I may decide in the future to go down the charging extra route,but 99% of what i do so far do not need an extra charge as it takes no more cleaning than monthly,got couple at side of roads though that are mucked up 2 days after cleaning them,I would prob charge extra for them  :P
chopsie

prestige cleaners

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 01:26:52 pm »
i charge nearly double i.e if its a £12 house a month, they get charged £20.. dont underprice yourself for goodness sake.