supernova77

Re: Letter from a customer
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 11:20:18 pm »
p.s calling your customer a muppet is not very business like is it lol.

They're not a customer anymore, so I can call them what I like!

:D

Andy

supernova77

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 11:32:43 pm »
we just explain when we take on new that this service is ONLY to arrange access and not to confirm that they want them cleaned as the regular cleaning terms are set out in their conf letters.

Helen,

If possible would you mind sending me a copy of the confirmation letter you use? I only ever verbally set out my T&C's at the moment.

My email address is andy@scs.uk.com

Thanks,
Andy

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 11:33:28 pm »
or you could post the letter on here so we can all see it  ;D

pylofm

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 11:34:53 pm »
At the end of the day we all get the ar$e with 'certain' customers....one day they'll do something and they will get binned and if they did that same things another day...we may just think a little differently about our next course of actions.

Personally after recently making a couple of knee jerk reaction type sackings (which were wrong)...I have vowed not to make any decision of this nature until 'tommorow'....as this gives me a chance to cool down as I can throw my toys every now and again especially when I feel belittled....

But Andy...you come over as a very level guy....sounds like you have made the decision the next thing is easy...replace them with another customer. ;D ;D

A what makes this forum so good is we can all learn from each other...

Dave.

supernova77

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 11:37:46 pm »
Personally after making a couple of knee jerk rection type sackings (which were wrong)...I have vowed not to make any decision of this nature until 'tommorow'....as this gives me a chance to cool down as I can throw my toys every now and again especially when I feel belittled....

Dave,

I know what you mean... I got the letter last week actually, and only just deleted them from my George database today!  ;)

Andy

pylofm

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 11:43:41 pm »
But whatever...this jobs beats the sh*& out of IT anytime ;)

Dave.

supernova77

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 11:49:22 pm »
But whatever...this jobs beats the sh*& out of IT anytime

Dave.

Yeah definately!!!

I was in IT for 10 years... Never ever ever again!

Andy

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 01:33:07 am »
But whatever...this jobs beats the sh*& out of IT anytime ;)

Dave.
i'll second that (or third after andy) IT SUCKS as full time

Dick

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 12:29:54 pm »
Just ask the customer politely to give you a call when the weather is suitable for window cleaning so that you can arrange to do theirs, then tell them it's impossible to fit them in as you're too busy.

tightswerve

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 01:02:08 pm »
Some people have nohting better to do than moan!

Plenty more customers out there who don't.

Steve ;)

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 04:58:12 pm »
Just ask the customer politely to give you a call when the weather is suitable for window cleaning so that you can arrange to do theirs, then tell them it's impossible to fit them in as you're too busy.
Lol that sounds like a very good idea, I may use that next time they say it to me, just to see what happens.
Is hard enough getting motivated in the rain as it is, this can only brighten up my day :)

Davew

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 05:04:51 pm »
I honestly don't think some customers see it from our point of view. Thats why you will always hear that they used to have a cleaner but he hasn't turned up. In their eyes they just can't see what they have done wrong and don't understand the problems we have with them.

nat

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 06:36:49 pm »
I honestly don't think some customers see it from our point of view. Thats why you will always hear that they used to have a cleaner but he hasn't turned up. In their eyes they just can't see what they have done wrong and don't understand the problems we have with them.

I trhink you have a point about previous window cleaners.

I had one today, second month i have cleaned them and he asked for the con roof done, just a quick brush off 15 mins work, i told him 10 quid he said comeon sort me out? he said my last window cleander done it cheap,i said where is he now? he said he never came back, i said exactly he didn't like doing the job for nothing, would you?

some people are idiots ::)

NWH

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 06:59:55 pm »
I agree with what people are saying about mucking the last wc about,i would say to them just that did you upset him in anyway ie weather did`nt look to good so you told him to come another day and all those different excuses.Normally if they know your no push over and you politely tell them you won`t be mucked around it usually shocks them into silence,but if the wc just up`s and leaves the job it`s normally the difficult customer 9 times out of 10.It dosen`t take 3 strikes and there out,if they start mucking you around just don`t go back and wait for them to ring,when they ring tell them the reason why you stopped calling from then onwards there be as good as gold. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

SparklingWC

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 08:00:19 pm »
We did a house a month ago, first time and it was raining - they said not to bother, we explained that the rain doesnt affect the overall outcome of the windows and they said just do the front. we did this and they paid for the front and told us to come back next time (today) if it's dry. and when we turned up today they seemed very surprised that we came back. and when talking to the guy who lived there he said "we've had  a few window cleaners, they just seem to not come back after a while" i thought 'i wonder why, we have to work in the rain...' but said nothing as i dont want to upset customers so soon after setting up. need more not less.

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 10:01:37 pm »
I agree with what people are saying about mucking the last wc about,i would say to them just that did you upset him in anyway ie weather did`nt look to good so you told him to come another day and all those different excuses.Normally if they know your no push over and you politely tell them you won`t be mucked around it usually shocks them into silence,but if the wc just up`s and leaves the job it`s normally the difficult customer 9 times out of 10.It dosen`t take 3 strikes and there out,if they start mucking you around just don`t go back and wait for them to ring,when they ring tell them the reason why you stopped calling from then onwards there be as good as gold. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
if they ring you back..... I got a call today with a new customer for that very reason, but i put in plain english what they should expect from me and also what I expect from them, I always now say that I work in the rain to any customer I speak to, none have said anything and all see happy with it, explaining does help.