This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

supernova77

Letter from a customer
« on: August 14, 2007, 04:07:15 pm »
The other day I got the letter below from a customer.

It was only the 2nd time we had cleaned their house... And I had agreed with them when I took them on that it would be every 8 weeks, all year round.

Muppets! They are now dropped.

Andy

geefree

Re: Letter from a customer
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 04:10:53 pm »
That is unbelievable.

It takes all sorts.  ??? ??? ::)

supernova77

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 04:16:38 pm »
I know it really winds me up.

I was going to write a letter back, but really can't be bothered... So I just won't bother going back.

Andy

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 04:39:07 pm »

I was going to write a letter back, but really can't be bothered... So I just won't bother going back.

Andy

Your time will come Andy. I bet they give you a call in a couple of months time & ask when your coming.
The reply with a big smile, " each time i think about it there's a chance of rain, i'll come when they gaurntee no rain for a couple of weeks."  ;D

pylofm

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 04:45:34 pm »
I am sooooooooooooooo happy...you got this letter...... ;D ;D ;D makes me feel good and that I do not have the silliest customers on the planet  ;D ;D

Onwards and upwards..

Dave.

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 05:10:56 pm »

What Wayne Kerrs! But I wouldn't drop 'em....for £240 a year I'd put up with a little bit of poo.

£240 goes half way to paying for my miserable little holiday on the Costa Del Sol....I'm not proud ;D

supernova77

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 05:17:50 pm »
What Wayne Kerrs! But I wouldn't drop 'em....for £240 a year I'd put up with a little bit of poo.

£240 goes half way to paying for my miserable little holiday on the Costa Del Sol....I'm not proud

I know what you mean mate... But if they want me to ring them every 8 weeks to check that they want them doing then I'll probably only ever get to clean them 3 / 4 times a year... So it's really not worth it I don't think.

Anyway... Spent all day yesterday canvassing and got £193 worth of new work every 8 weeks.  ;D

Andy

simon knight

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 05:35:45 pm »

Why to go Andy...why to go ;D ;D ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 05:51:40 pm »
I would not continue to do such a job either.  I would write and explain to them that if window cleaners only worked in ideal conditions then there would not be any window cleaners.  Or if there were, they would have to charge a small fortune to make it profitable.

Alternatively, you could write to inform them that because customers won't let you work, you are so poor that you cannot afford a television set with which to check the weather forecasts.    ;D

NWH

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 06:32:29 pm »
Hi Andy,that letter is not a bad thing mate.There simply telling you that there not the type people you need on your books.I like to turn up and know that there pleased to see me,none of us need customers like that, don`t lose any sleep mate.

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 07:16:23 pm »
I'm sure we've all had stuff like this, but isn't it annoying?

You're straight with your customer, explain your terms and conditions and they then subsequently attempt to change them too much in their favour without a proper explanation.

Buggers they are.

I had one last Thursday who after we did the 'spiel', came to pay me and asked that I leave him a card so he could phone me when he wanted his windows cleaned next.  I had told him prior to washing his windows that I clean once-per-calendar month for our agreed sum.

Luckily enough I'd only cleaned two 'top openers' on a conservatory (it's a bungalow) and had dribbled soap all over the lower windows.

I just stopped, told him I'd rather not clean them at all and explained that people have done the same to me before after I've cleaned six-years of filth from their windows and I end up feeling ripped off.

He looked away when I said, 'ripped off'; so I guess that was his game; he knew.

He explained that he'd only just moved into the property and wasn't sure what he wanted!  (Yeh, right!  It's in a posh location; he knows okay; he's obvously not stupid; but assumes I am).

Given the location, he won't get another window cleaner and I won't be back; I'll be too busy.

There's plenty of good customers out there; don't take any poo from the bad ones.

dai

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 07:28:51 pm »
I dropped one last year. She said to leave them if it's going to rain.
I got ripped off too. A guy agreed to a £20 every month clean. I did the first clean taking ages to remove silicone, cement, and general muck. When I finished he said,"arn't you going to do the con roof? I'll have a word with the mrs and let you know if I want them doing again". I'm still waiting for that call. Dai

MJH

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 08:28:00 pm »
Alright Andy

I agree mate they needed binning off no one needs morons like that, do they forget we live in England where it regularly P$$$$S it down! CLOWNS!!

Matt

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 08:54:34 pm »
Your right to bin them Andy.

I'm just waiting for the same to happen to me.  Phone call last week to come and price a big house complete with a 4 bed holiday home next to it.
It wasn't until I priced it she told me her previous W/C only charged her 70p per window and all the frames included, I told her my price was £1 per window and not in so many words take it or leave it  ::)

She said she had another 2 W/C's coming along to price that day  ::) and would be intouch (Yer right) she then began to tell me how to gain access to the windows above her conservatory and were I had to walk  :o :o No way I said, I use wfp and no need to walk on any roof? she looked Startled at me and said..... 'Well that means my bottom windows will get wet with dirty water won't they?'......YES! I replied but I'll clean the bottom ones last.....NO NO NO she said, I only wont the top ones done, as to have it all done will cost me a fortune ::)
The problem I faced was its right by a lot more I do, and this one alone doing tops only is worth £40 ;D

She phoned me yesterday saying I could start today ::) I told her I could start when I do the rest in that area and not before, So I can see I will be having problems with this one. and the lid of the bin is already open for her, I'm just waiting for her to jump in. ;D

djhaydn

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 09:00:30 pm »
Andy .... forget them, you explained your terms, they went against them,
ive had people do that to me and i drop em like a sack of poo.

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 09:11:53 pm »
I have had a few over the years, my advice what be to explain to them about the rain (dont just sack them, they pay your bills) but if they do it after you have explained them I would say to them you will be canceling there services because of this (5/10 will say they want you to stay) then you are the one running your business and not the customer.
I had to do this today to a customer (and today it rained for most of it) in the end he agreed with me totally now I can clean them in the pouring rain  ;D

for anyone that does whaat to clean in the rain read this link below and then use it on your customers that say it, you could just save half of the sacking ;)

http://www40.brinkster.com/rukaluka/rain.asp

NWH

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 09:20:53 pm »
Jeff1 that comment about the lid being off the bin made me LOL. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Helen

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 09:24:55 pm »
I think Andy had already laid out his T & C's, so no matter what he explains to this customer now, it probably won't make a difference. As for contacting first, we just explain when we take on new that this service is ONLY to arrange access and not to confirm that they want them cleaned as the regular cleaning terms are set out in their conf letters. I agrre with Andy that if he kept these customers on the books each time he called he would get a different comment "oooh that date is no good for us"   " ooh we won't be in so please don't clean that day"  "oooh there are not that dirty" etc etc and then they just become a nuisance customer and wind you up every time you speak to them. Yes we all get them and we all should get rid of them! ;)

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 09:42:08 pm »
The other day I got the letter below from a customer.

It was only the 2nd time we had cleaned their house... And I had agreed with them when I took them on that it would be every 8 weeks, all year round.

Muppets! They are now dropped.

Andy
from that letter all it says is that it seems to be a waste of money (makes you need to explain, why bin when you could just say to her about if it rains a fussy customer can sometimes workout to be one of the best) and for a £40 house  (how long does it take you?) as binning a bonus job is not good.
I do agree with what others are saying about stopping cleaning if she does it again, as no one wants a customer that does this as it annoys you for the whole day(does me anyway).

p.s calling your customer a muppet is not very business like is it lol.

JohnL

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 10:19:16 pm »
''the lid of the bin is already open for her, I'm just waiting for her to jump in.''

Excellent jeff!

what a cracking comment!     :)
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.