Smudger

Re: Moving house
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2023, 09:07:56 pm »
No I think 900 lasted him a week therefore 2 men would 3 days but only takes 1 day to fill ibc tank

Bungle - no hate here just an observation - it’s amusing how seriously splash takes himself
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2023, 09:10:04 pm »
I've always had a cheap 450gpd since i started I've often thought about upgrading to a 40/40 but it's of no benefit.

It's takes about 24 hours to fill my IBC.

Which is fine for me I fill the van 900l on a weekend and fill the Ibc. That can last me pretty much all week but once the ibc is empty I just turn it on when I come home, let it fill overnight and turn it off in the morning.

How did you have work for an employee if 900 ltr of water lasts you all week ? Two guys in a van will use that in an average day
1900 litres, assuming it’s a 1000 litre IBC

Sorry don’t get what you are saying ? He said 900 ltr lasts him a week , how could it last a week with an employee so two guys only use 900 ltr for a weeks work is how I read what he put ?..,

You are not reading what he wrote properly then. He clearly says he fills his van (900 litres) then fills his lbc (1000 litres) and that lasts him all week. (1900 litres) That’s 380 litres a day, similar to what I use as a single operator.

It’s very low if it’s for 2 men, but that’s not what he said.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

KS Cleaning

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2023, 09:53:44 pm »
I've always had a cheap 450gpd since i started I've often thought about upgrading to a 40/40 but it's of no benefit.

Which is fine for me I fill the van 900l on a weekend and fill the Ibc. That can last me pretty much all week but once the ibc is empty I just turn it on when I come home, let it fill overnight and turn it off in the morning.

How did you have work for an employee if 900 ltr of water lasts you all week ? Two guys in a van will use that in an average day

Sorry don’t get what you are saying ? He said 900 ltr lasts him a week , how could it last a week with an employee so two guys only use 900 ltr for a weeks work is how I read what he put ?..,
I’m not getting into the argument of how long his water lasts with an employee….
He didn’t say 900 litres lasts him all week.  What he said was he fills the van tank which is 900 litres, he also fills the IBC which will be 1000 litres,  so that gives him 1900 litres of pure water which lasts him pretty much all week

tom20001

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2023, 08:43:32 am »
Thanks so much lads. I have a clue now at least.  I'll be back on when I'm putting it together and buying etc. Great advice as always on here, cheers

Stoots

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2023, 05:25:18 pm »

Jeez that created a debate chaps  ;D

read what i put, if i fill my van 900l and my IBC on a weekend (1000L) i then have 1900L

Which can pretty much last me all week... 4 days on my own is 475l a day

Like i say pretty much..... sometimes i need to produce a bit more but its not a lot.

When i was employing someone we usually used 800 to 900l a day. So 2 days worth i had already on a monday then soon as i used the IBC i turned the tap on and kept it filling all week. I would fill up when i came back and if it wasnt quite enough id top up in the morning.

Ive never employed anyone 5 days a week, most is 4. Otherwise i would have gone over VAT