Karl Collins

Be carefull , dodgy electrics, Amtech UK
« on: September 09, 2006, 11:05:09 am »
???
Hi

Any one contemplating buying eqiupment for carpet or other cleaning should be careful.

I recently purchased a carpet cleaner (Powerflite) from Amtech UK

I useed it only once and i got a nasty burn on my arm from an electric shock ,

The reason is the cabling is not up to British or EN standards and are american as this is where this machine comes from has any one had a similar situation

Lesson learnt BUY BRitish

Alltech is probably the best start as they make sure theres is safe

Karl<a href="http://" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://</a><a href="http://" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://</a> ???
[/left
]

Ian Gourlay

Re: Be carefull , dodgy electrics, Amtech UK
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 08:06:14 am »
Have you talked to your supplier.

What did they say.

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 06:30:58 pm »
Amtech uk?

There equipment must be up to British standard by law!
Like Ian has said .... Have you spoke to them?

Rob.

Karl Collins

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 10:20:52 am »
Hi Ian and Rob

i can assure you they are not up to British standard.

report has gone to HSE iHealth and safety Executive)  has been electricaly tested and failed to comply

i have spoken to Karl and Karen at amtech(owners) who will not speak to me about this and hung up ruthlessly on the phone .

they refuse to give back my money £3600, thats what i paid.

having literally been injured from this machine its now with our solicitors pending full investigation and litigation.

I had to raise this in the forum because i did not want anyone else to have the same unfortunate acident.

i have spoken to other manufactures or suppliers , John at Prochem Alltec have seen this as well

i know for a fact that Ashby and Prochem spent a lot of money getting there machines aproved . and so has Alltec

at the moment i am gob smacked , angry and feel robbed >

many thanks

Karl

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 12:56:00 pm »
All equipment on sale in the EU much have a CE certification. We have recently spent a lot of money having the Prowler certified. Before you buy anything ask to see its CE certificate. If it has one it is safe and complies with EU law.

CATMAN

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 02:52:06 pm »

Karl,

Can you explain what happend as I have one of these machines which is out working today?

Regards

CATMAN

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 03:01:56 pm »
Hi,

I have also bought a spotter which is brand new, but it has no CE marking, on the body or the instructions.

I will be writing to AMTECH to find out whats going on

Karl Collins

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 11:44:54 pm »
Hi catman all i can say is i have been cleaning acrepets for nearly 15 years i had a truckmount up until recently and downgraded cos  our area is very rural and hense  dont get as much businesss to justify running a mount although now i am kicking my self.

i trusted karl Nilchibar he seemed ok beleived the guy , did not really give the electrics much thought as you do .

especially these days with the law tight, used it once got an electric shock and burnt , the problem is yhe waste hose sits right above the electric cables and these cables are not insulated they have the three pronged plug for a 110 volt like in Europe but not here , you know when you go aroad you have to buy an adapter to plug in ya razor or hair dryer as my good lady would have .

this is way diff to ours , any way not happy bout it and they will not give me my money back!!!!!!!!!  so what do i do??

stains-away

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 12:31:50 am »
Give trading standards a shout  ;D

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 01:19:16 pm »
Karl,

Please let us all know how this progresses?

Rob.

HQCS (John Kastrian)

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 05:16:29 pm »
Karl,very sorry to hear about the injury you have suffered.
Can you be a bit more specific as to how you received the shock ie from where,this would serve as a warning to others with the same machine.
Just a reminder,we are working with electricity and water so it is advisable to always use an ELCB  in a customers premises ,this not only helps safeguard the operator but could also protect the customers electrical supply,as many premises still do not have built in circuit breakers.-John

Mike Jones

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 11:50:24 pm »
How did you get the shock? with modern equipment it should be neary impossible to come near to anthing live.

Karl Collins

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 01:44:47 pm »
Hi and thanks for all the messages

i will take a photo and try to upload this.

this has happened as a result of the cabling at the as it comes out of the machine will send photo i think that will help .

Thaks again

karl