gary999

Re: Still find trad quicker for some houses...
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 08:26:09 am »
i do all frames all the time  if i like the customer haha, anyone i dont like or know I do as little as i can get away with

Doing all the frames is a good selling point i think, especially if the competition may not do it. On this note, when i've been cleaning WFP i've had a lot of walk ups to say along the lines of..."oh, i wish my window cleaner would do that, its great, really cleans all your plastics doesn't it ". So i'd like to amsk you, when you're rubbing with your cloth, do you get similar walk ups ?

Don't get me wrong here, because I love my wfp system, but the sheer amount of people that have come up to me when I'm tradding and say 'finally, a real window cleaner, that pole thing is crap' is unreal, I'vepicked up so many customers because they prefer the trad method, and I'll always say trad does the better job done properly. That's my opoion, and I'm a wfp user, so I'm not biased. I just find more people prefer the trade clean over wfp round my area. That's why I say it's essential to master both tecniques!

i agree jakey, i canvassed quite a big round last year and all tbey asked me was ' you aint gonna use one of them poles are you' lol. only wfp'd a week of my life so cant comment greatly, but from the ground i cant see how u can tell if a window is totally clean. and the answer is you cant.

Totally agree, and also 'the customer is always right' so if they prefer trad, then that's that, and I'm happy only using my wfp for high acces and Georgian/lead style windows, saves me money on water etc, with trad you have next to no outgoings, so if you can trad and still get the same work done that you would using wfp all day, then it's a no brainer!

there should be more like us i recon, make this place a better place ;) haha. seems to be all about whos got the biggest shiniest equiptment and who makes the most thousands of pounds a week quite alot, and if anybody doesnt have the same kit/methods/greed, oh i mean earnings, then they are inferior lol. some people forget about the people who started with a wooden ladder and a rag years ago and still managed to make a living. if you forget your roots you cant grow any new branches... haha

Defo, this forum can be right mare at times! I started out walking round my estate with a ladder and bucket etc, never forget ya' roots!

Real men use ladders and squeeges!  ;)

Real men...that leaves you out then ;D

nothing wrong with remembering your roots...as long as they stay memories the idea long ter
is to move forward not keep looking behind you.

Look where your going, not where you have been ;)

Gary can't make up his mind on where his roots come from.

So he uses wfp then uses a blade on the glass ;D

Ah but sensibly no ladders ;D...Incidently I haven't bladed one window so far this
year ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2015, 08:32:11 am »
i do all frames all the time  if i like the customer haha, anyone i dont like or know I do as little as i can get away with

Doing all the frames is a good selling point i think, especially if the competition may not do it. On this note, when i've been cleaning WFP i've had a lot of walk ups to say along the lines of..."oh, i wish my window cleaner would do that, its great, really cleans all your plastics doesn't it ". So i'd like to amsk you, when you're rubbing with your cloth, do you get similar walk ups ?

Don't get me wrong here, because I love my wfp system, but the sheer amount of people that have come up to me when I'm tradding and say 'finally, a real window cleaner, that pole thing is crap' is unreal, I'vepicked up so many customers because they prefer the trad method, and I'll always say trad does the better job done properly. That's my opoion, and I'm a wfp user, so I'm not biased. I just find more people prefer the trade clean over wfp round my area. That's why I say it's essential to master both tecniques!

i agree jakey, i canvassed quite a big round last year and all tbey asked me was ' you aint gonna use one of them poles are you' lol. only wfp'd a week of my life so cant comment greatly, but from the ground i cant see how u can tell if a window is totally clean. and the answer is you cant.

Totally agree, and also 'the customer is always right' so if they prefer trad, then that's that, and I'm happy only using my wfp for high acces and Georgian/lead style windows, saves me money on water etc, with trad you have next to no outgoings, so if you can trad and still get the same work done that you would using wfp all day, then it's a no brainer!

The customer is always right????..........that's definitely not the case with window cleaning. Lol.

Either you havnt been cleaning long, or you have been lucky to never meet idiots of customers?

In the majority I work on my terms, not theirs. If they don't like it then they can find another window cleaner.

I must be doing something right as I hardly ever get complaints, and always get recommendations.

Something Ive learned is never let the customer dictate how or when you work. Especially in regards the weather or methods etc.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

gary999

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2015, 08:37:04 am »
Gary I use trad more than pole, pole is used for high work and Georgian windows, woman use wfp for every house ;D

Duncan, ladders only kill people if they don't take adequate care, respect the ladder and it will respect you back  ;)

Oh the naivety of youth ;D...wfp in general is less hard work,quicker, long term
profitable...as for being a real man...when you stop trying to prove you are one your knackers have dropped, gained a bit more experience of life and stop denying your sexuality
you might just get there ;D

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2015, 08:57:33 am »
each to their own, but its never the tradders on here moaning this or that is too expensive or broke, or this time of year frozen lol. its a lot cheaper to trad
when life throws you water, clean windows

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2015, 09:11:20 am »
"Respect the ladder and it will respect you back."

Daftest ever comment on ciu?

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2015, 09:14:19 am »

note how at the end of the sentence there is a winking face??

normally means it was a joke or not the most serious of statements,

perhaps you dont understand/possess a sense of humour... ;)

Joey Eastwood

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2015, 09:17:47 am »
Gary I use trad more than pole, pole is used for high work and Georgian windows, woman use wfp for every house ;D

Duncan, ladders only kill people if they don't take adequate care, respect the ladder and it will respect you back  ;)

Oh the naivety of youth ;D...wfp in general is less hard work,quicker, long term
profitable...as for being a real man...when you stop trying to prove you are one your knackers have dropped, gained a bit more experience of life and stop denying your sexuality

your just mad because your so far in the closet you have fallen through the back panel  ;D ;D you take it out on jakey to make yourself feel better when really your crying inside because you cant have him  :'( off to work miht get a full day in by the looks of it for a change!

DG Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2015, 09:20:45 am »
You lot who trad bungalows must be really lucky that all your windows are within easy reach.
Every one of my bungalows requires a ladder at some point.
I've got some that are spread out on the same estate with awkward access so i trad them.
After that i move onto bungalows wfp.
It's like day and night if you can't do them faster wfp then stick with it your technique it will improve in time and you'll be so glad you did. ;D

Jakey boy

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2015, 09:35:53 am »
At last some comrades in arms. I've been saying that trad is as quick or better on here for the last three years and getting continually slated. Don't get me wrong I love my wfp system and use it on 50% of my work and do believe every window cleaner should have one. Fact is in my opinion most customers prefer trad and to be honest I find it a lot easier on a lot of my jobs.

Totally agree!

Jakey boy

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2015, 09:40:26 am »

The customer is always right????..........that's definitely not the case with window cleaning. Lol.

Either you havnt been cleaning long, or you have been lucky to never meet idiots of customers?

In the majority I work on my terms, not theirs. If they don't like it then they can find another window cleaner.

I must be doing something right as I hardly ever get complaints, and always get recommendations.

Something Ive learned is never let the customer dictate how or when you work. Especially in regards the weather or methods etc.

Been cleaning 9 years, I pick up so many customers who hate wfp, so in that way, I let them 'be right'

I'm the one laughing when I'm cleaning a nice house and the old wfp bloke is crying cos his pole is stuck up his ass ;D

Lots of people simply will not have wfp, and that's fine cos I love trad as well, so suits me.

Jakey boy

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2015, 09:41:25 am »
 ;D

Duncan, ladders only kill people if they don't take adequate care, respect the ladder and it will respect you back  ;)

your just mad because your so far in the closet you have fallen through the back panel  ;D ;D you take it out on jakey to make yourself feel better when really your crying inside because you cant have him  :'( off to work miht get a full day in by the looks of it for a change!

Gary is a plonker, a jealous green fat plonker. Fact.   ;D

Jakey boy

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2015, 09:46:13 am »

your just mad because your so far in the closet you have fallen through the back panel  ;D ;D you take it out on jakey to make yourself feel better when really your crying inside because you cant have him  :'( off to work miht get a full day in by the looks of it for a change!

Ha ha, 

Gary can't fit in a closet, he eats to many digestives!

Jakey boy

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2015, 09:47:27 am »

How's that a daft comment? It's a tounge in cheek comment, do you have many brain cells hummer?  ???

gary999

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2015, 10:05:20 am »

Oh dear you have fallen for him haven't you ;D

gary999

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2015, 10:08:34 am »

Duncan, ladders only kill people if they don't take adequate care, respect the ladder and it will respect you back  ;)

your just mad because your so far in the closet you have fallen through the back panel  ;D ;D you take it out on jakey to make yourself feel better when really your crying inside because you cant have him  :'( off to work miht get a full day in by the looks of it for a change!

Ha ha,  

Gary can't fit in a closet, he eats to many digestives!

That's not bad for you ;D...I was going to say for you to keep plugging away at it

but we know how sensitive you can be. ;D

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2015, 11:05:04 am »

Hehe, they remind me of Elton and David. Without the wit, money or adulation of course  ;D

sunshine windows

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2015, 11:58:26 am »
I certainly couldn't have tradded 17 jobs in just over 3 hours, been home for an early lunch and sat on my arse for the last half hour reading this garbage if hadn't changed over to  Wfp  ;D

I was however a fairly slow meticulous trad window cleaner though, so maybe it it possible it's faster by Terry burrows maybe.

On the flip side of what you've said Jakey, I've had numerous customers ecstatic with the results of wfp cleaning done properly. The tools are only as good as the person using them.

One thing I will admit to, is that the window ledges do start to grey after time with wfp, but the rest of the unit, including the glass comes up much better with a pole  ;D ;D

And........ Fight fight fight fight  :D
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Johnny B

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2015, 12:18:36 pm »
each to their own, but its never the tradders on here moaning this or that is too expensive or broke, or this time of year frozen lol. its a lot cheaper to trad

Exactly why I am still trad. My personal take is that I don't see why I should have to go out and earn more than I do now to pay for a system that I have no doubt is excellent when all it's working properly in the hands of a competent operator, but needs more maintenance than trad equipment and can potentially paralyze the business when things break. But as Joey quite rightly says; each to their own.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jakey boy

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2015, 12:48:33 pm »

Hehe, they remind me of Elton and David. Without the wit, money or adulation of course  ;D

Hummer, you say without the wit? Yet were the ones having a laugh, you missunderstood my comment about ladders and respect, for that reason, wit and humour is certainly not on your side my friend... Keep trying though buddy! You'll get there eventually! ::)roll

DG Cleaning

« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2015, 01:02:21 pm »

Exactly why I am still trad. My personal take is that I don't see why I should have to go out and earn more than I do now to pay for a system that I have no doubt is excellent when all it's working properly in the hands of a competent operator, but needs more maintenance than trad equipment and can potentially paralyze the business when things break. But as Joey quite rightly says; each to their own.

John

I've done more maintenance on my trad gear than wfp on the last 12 months.