bad trippy

On the £8,000 loss thread
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:08:41 am »
I have been a bit slated for stating a fact
I said that there is an estate that two of us clean WFP ie me and the Mrs and that on this particular estate, we end up with £100 per hour being earned, well £103.50 ph the last time we cleaned it 3 weeks ago.
I also stated that at the other far extreme there are a couple of rounds we do when we go as low as £50 per hour.
Fair comments dont you think?
Well some have slated me for posting it, some have more or less called me a liar !!! (those who think im a bull pooter are welcome to come along with us next time)
Anyway i would just like to pose this question
WOULD IT BE OUT OF THE QUESTION FOR A TWO MAN OPERATION TO TAKE £100 IN AN HOUR ON COMPACT NEW BUILD WORK????????
If everbody answers NO then i will aggree iam a bull pooter
cheers
trippy
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Lee GLS

Re: On the £8,000 loss thread
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 09:15:33 am »
Dont worry trippy i believe you  :). On some on our work we get £80ph (2 of us) and its not overly compact, so if work is very compact like you say, there is no reason why you couldnt get £100ph.

You also have to take into consideration that you can charge more in different parts of the country, so a house you are charging £20 might be £13 somewhere else which would make the hourly rate less than yours.

G Griffin

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:28:55 am »
"As low as £50 per hour"; my heart bleeds for you Trippy  ;D.
I believe you but don`t let those that don`t bother you  :).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

bad trippy

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 09:45:47 am »
Yes Griff i shouldnt let em bother me, one thing i aint is a "dreamer", i really dont mind being called every name under the sun, as frank he calls me em  ;D.
But there is one thing in this life that gets on my breast fast ,tis being called a dreamer/ liar
My post wasnt a boastfull one or anything like it , the thread was based on the loss of a comercial job, and my reply was on the lines of "who needs comercial these days"

H S and Son

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 09:55:30 am »
Trippy, most on here at some time throughout their working cycle will earn a rate equivalent to £100 an hour. Yesterday I did a hous that is 60 quid, it takes 30 minutes. I dont do 100 an hour every hour though.

Some on here though who might say what an hourly rate is I wouldnt believe, quite simply because over time you get to learn who talks more bollox than sense, and theres a good few of them. Remember CIU is notorious for bull$hitters, its changed in the last year dramatically. I think because of the recession, more faces in the game, means more crap talked. Ive been run down myself plenty of times on here and been met with a less than welcome response to a few of my posts.

I used to regularly post pics of my days work and got rubbished for that. Why did they do that? So I stopped. And half of the guys that do the critiscising cant use a squeegee. I was talking to a new-comer in town last week. He couldnt believe or hadn't thought that you had to be able to squeegee left-handed as well as right-handed. But figured he knew how to clean windows.

So Trippy, I believe you.

Why?

Because I do.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 10:00:08 am »
I thoroughly believe you mate

I did 5.5 hours with someone on downstairs yesterday and on underpriced trad work we did £48 an hour

So how 2 of you with wfp on compact new build stuff cant double that would be beyond me

Also went on to do two gutter cleans and made £240 split between 2

Not a bad day

Well done trippy mate, just keep going who cares if anyone believes you just think about where your gonna spend all that dough

My missus is dragging me off to trafford centre now so i will be alot lighter when i get back as all the cash will be gone :(

G Griffin

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 10:03:43 am »
Yes Griff i shouldnt let em bother me, one thing i aint is a "dreamer", i really dont mind being called every name under the sun, as frank he calls me em  ;D.
But there is one thing in this life that gets on my breast fast ,tis being called a dreamer/ liar
My post wasnt a boastfull one or anything like it , the thread was based on the loss of a comercial job, and my reply was on the lines of "who needs comercial these days"

I can understand you getting narked by someone calling you a liar. Especially, if they don`t know you.

Ps. ok I believe you but can we all stop showing off, now please. I`m getting jealous  ;D.

Pps. HS, where did you get the left handed squeegee from?  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 10:06:40 am »
Good for you if you and the Mrs can manage that per hour. We don't get anywhere close but saying that I've only been window cleaning for a year and only now feel I'm really speeding up!

H S and Son

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 10:10:23 am »

Pps. HS, where did you get the left handed squeegee from?  ;D

I nabbed it out your bucket  ;)

roundbuilder

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 10:34:20 am »
I said that there is an estate that two of us clean WFP ie me and the Mrs and that on this particular estate, we end up with £100 per hour being earned, well £103.50 ph the last time we cleaned it 3 weeks ago.
I also stated that at the other far extreme there are a couple of rounds we do when we go as low as £50 per hour.
Well some have slated me for posting it, some have more or less called me a liar !!! (those who think im a bull pooter are welcome to come along with us next time)
WOULD IT BE OUT OF THE QUESTION FOR A TWO MAN OPERATION TO TAKE £100 IN AN HOUR ON COMPACT NEW BUILD WORK????????
cheers
trippy

i believe you. I aim for your rates on my own but i am in london. Fair play to you but why start a my diick is bigger than your dicck thread. No one realy brags what they earn unless they are dreamers with small willys...

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 11:45:48 am »
im sorry trippy i read your other post on another thread wrong!i thought you meant ON YOUR OWN!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

if you half that figure to £50 and £25 an hour then that is acheivable on your own.

on some commercial i can make £40-£60 an hour but not hour after hour!!other end of the scale on very compact cheap work its more like £25 an hour.

im upping prices this month on the cheaper compact work!hope i dont lose too many!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

bad trippy

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 12:43:23 pm »
im sorry trippy i read your other post on another thread wrong!i thought you meant ON YOUR OWN!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

if you half that figure to £50 and £25 an hour then that is acheivable on your own.

on some commercial i can make £40-£60 an hour but not hour after hour!!other end of the scale on very compact cheap work its more like £25 an hour.

im upping prices this month on the cheaper compact work!hope i dont lose too many!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
Ok Daz no offence taken mate, your one of the sensible posters on here, one whom i respect

Frankybadboy

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 01:28:59 pm »
trippy i believe all the bullsxit you tell me, :P

thankfully  i think you need to pull your finger out as on the same estate me and gentle ben earn more than that in a hr,

so either put your rates up or pull your finger out :P ::) :o

the loveable frank

ps sorry what ever for ;D ;)

DaveG

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 01:57:07 pm »
Well some have slated me for posting it, some have more or less called me a liar !!! (those who think im a bull pooter are welcome to come along with us next time)Anyway i would just like to pose this question
cheers
trippy

Ill come along for £50 an hour Trippy  ;D

ps i believe you
You can't polish a turd

bad trippy

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 02:20:32 pm »
trippy i believe all the bullsxit you tell me, :P

thankfully  i think you need to pull your finger out as on the same estate me and gentle ben earn more than that in a hr,

so either put your rates up or pull your finger out :P ::) :o

the loveable frank

ps sorry what ever for ;D ;)
its ok for you frank, you get your earnings topped up with dissabilty, coz they think your in a wheelchair frank, hope they dont see you running the london marathon  ;D

prestige cleaners

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 05:33:18 pm »
done it, believe it, just wish we could do it everyday! 

cozy

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 06:02:19 pm »
cheers
trippy

i believe you. I aim for your rates on my own but i am in london. Fair play to you but why start a my diick is bigger than your dicck thread. No one realy brags what they earn unless they are dreamers with small willys...

Hang on Dartford. You said in the last thread that you thought it was the "Going rate"

"daz he is saying he and hes mrs between them earn between 50 and 100 pound an hour. id say for a 2 person operation thats the going rate..you must have some verey underpriced work there my friend. "

So 100 quid an hour is the going rate for 2 peope? That's when the bullpoo alarm goes off mate. You are making 50 to 100 an hour for 2 people sound like the norm. That's bullshz1t in most of the UK judging by what I read on here.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 06:13:41 pm »
and trippy only works 3days a week lazy git. ;D ;)

roundbuilder

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 11:16:19 pm »
cheers
trippy

Hang on Dartford. You said in the last thread that you thought it was the "Going rate"

"daz he is saying he and hes mrs between them earn between 50 and 100 pound an hour. id say for a 2 person operation thats the going rate..you must have some verey underpriced work there my friend. "

So 100 quid an hour is the going rate for 2 peope? That's when the bullpoo alarm goes off mate. You are making 50 to 100 an hour for 2 people sound like the norm. That's bullshz1t in most of the UK judging by what I read on here.

too right unless im getting a pound a min work rate i get the hump. Whats the point in building up a crap underpriced uncompact round??.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 12:38:38 pm »
cheers
trippy

Of course it's possible with good prices, no access issues, and if you both work hard.  I'm surprised anyone doubted it.  It's 50 an hour each and I could manage £50 an hour if the work was  compact and well priced.  My work doesn't tend to be compact though.  Also, in places where it is, it is usually older work that is lagging behind on price.  Certainly possible.  Sustainable day in, day out?  Probably not but does depend on fitness levels/age.  More typical for most is £140 - £220 a day with fluctuations depending on motivation levels, pricing, region, method used etc.

P @ F

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 12:53:32 pm »
Well done Paul Coleman , figures at the end of your post that i can relate to , thought i was not earning enough for a moment , not saying all other claims are BS though !

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 05:07:47 pm »
Well done Paul Coleman , figures at the end of your post that i can relate to , thought i was not earning enough for a moment , not saying all other claims are BS though !

Rich

What I wrote is what I regard as fairly typical and normal.  Of course there have been  days when I've exceeded that - occasionally by a very big margin.  There have also been odd days where I've just not been up for it and gone home once I've got to £50.  There's no way I would put my income upon here.  I've nothing to hide as I am honest in my dealings and there are many weeks when I choose not to work a  full week.  There are also times when I choose to work some of  the weekend.  Been out this afternoon and spent a couple of hours on a commercial job.  Pretty convenient really as it's only a mile or two from where I live.  I also worked on domestic till midday yesterday (Saturday).  L.P's project x and a football match saw to it that I didn't do a full day  :)

cozy

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 06:01:28 pm »
So Dartford.you knock out 60 quid an hour all day every day then? Anyone else who doesn't must have underpriced crap uncompact rounds? So 60 quid an hour for a 5 day week for you is between 2000  and 2400 quid on your own is it?

Johnny B

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 06:43:55 pm »
This type of thread always makes me smile ... a lot.

I have been going 14 years, and make a small fraction of some of the figures being quoted on here.

I do believe it is possible to make the kind of money that is being stated, so I am not by any means implying anyone is being untruthful here. What is impossible, is that I could achieve that, because of me being excrutiatingly slow, and being borderline OCD with regard to expecting perfection before being satisfied that each window and frame meets my expectations of cleanness.

If I took what some of you are saying seriously with regard to what some regard as the 'going rate', I would give up the will to live as I would consider myself a complete and utter failure.
This is because I refuse to subscribe to the 'going rate', because I personally could not achieve those figures if I tried.

Fact is, I make a good enough living doing things my way without having to try to put others down by saying that 'your round is no good' or 'you don't know how to run a business'.

I have my wife, 4 children, and we have a roof, food and clothing and the bills get paid. I must be doing something right.

Still smiling!  
 :)
John.  

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Danny Guest

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 06:48:48 pm »
cheers
trippy

If i was you i would not be bothered what anyone thinks just get on with it.

The most important point im making is that my business comes first and no matter what anyone thinks thats the priority.
It doesnt mean you earn more or improve your business if people believe you so i would just put my head down let them think what they like and put all my energy into making the business a bigger success.

Danny
Guest Cleaning Services

roundbuilder

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 11:00:41 pm »
So Dartford.you knock out 60 quid an hour all day every day then? Anyone else who doesn't must have underpriced crap uncompact rounds? So 60 quid an hour for a 5 day week for you is between 2000  and 2400 quid on your own is it?

yes mate that is correct i work on my own all my houses are between £10 and £30 averaging at £20. i dont see your problem or why you are doubting me. i dont exactly work hard i clean between 10 and 15 houses a day none of them are massive or take that long, mainly rows of victorian terrace houses. its not often i start before 9 or get  home after 2. i prob could hit the weekly figures you are talking about if i canvassed up a bit more and did an extra hour a day but to be honest i have worked hard to get my round as compact and well priced as i have taking me 3 years of canvassing 3 nights a week dropping and replacing underpriced and bad paying customers my target at the end of the long tunnel was minimal input for maximum output.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2011, 02:48:07 am »
So Dartford.you knock out 60 quid an hour all day every day then? Anyone else who doesn't must have underpriced crap uncompact rounds? So 60 quid an hour for a 5 day week for you is between 2000  and 2400 quid on your own is it?

yes mate that is correct i work on my own all my houses are between £10 and £30 averaging at £20. i dont see your problem or why you are doubting me. i dont exactly work hard i clean between 10 and 15 houses a day none of them are massive or take that long, mainly rows of victorian terrace houses. its not often i start before 9 or get  home after 2. i prob could hit the weekly figures you are talking about if i canvassed up a bit more and did an extra hour a day but to be honest i have worked hard to get my round as compact and well priced as i have taking me 3 years of canvassing 3 nights a week dropping and replacing underpriced and bad paying customers my target at the end of the long tunnel was minimal input for maximum output.

I also find that a higher hourly rate is possible if I work a shorter day.  It's just about the rate that energy gets used up.  I've been out before knowing that I would be finishing after 3 hours.  The speed I worked at was astonishing.  A far higher hourly rate than if I would have been doing a full day.  I need to pace myself on longer days but as the age of 54 approaches and not being particularly fit, that's hardly surprising I suppose.

cozy

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 08:06:01 am »
Dartford, OK, so it's not 2400 every week then is it? You have guys on here that can't get their round as compact as others. If they work in an area where 2 or 3 other WC's work, how can they get their round more compact than it already is?

Hourly rates (On the glass) can be misleading, as in your post. The post lead others to believe that you worked a 7 or 8 hour day at 100 quid. Not the case though is it? Do you see what I mean?

Smudger

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2011, 08:27:11 am »
Cozy - chill mate !

relax and revel in that wondeerful 3-1 score line  ;D ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

cozy

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2011, 08:35:34 am »
Cozy - chill mate !

relax and revel in that wondeerful 3-1 score line  ;D ;D

Darran

I'm that relaxed mate, so laid back, I can't see over my own pelvis. Crackin game  ;D ;D ;D

cozy

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 08:49:12 am »
Yeah, it's probably just me.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 09:23:10 am »
he is stating just that 2 people do £50 a hour generally

and on one round he can double it

Its not hard math and its not unrealistic

Most might not do it but  they probably work alone and so cant see them figures often

Trouble with these posts are the people who dont earn that start to get green and so deny its possible

I do think you have to watch for bs but i wouldnt necessarily think trippy is lying

Whether i believe he does that 5 days a week 8 hours a day is something else, but i believe its possible to do what he said he does :)

And its where we all should be taking our work if you want a decent wage out of it

At the end of the day if your not happy with what you earn personally , just do something about it and use people who do better than you currently as inspiration and as a point to head for rather than disbelieving them as then you are putting limits on your possible achievements if you dont think certain figures are possible

But i would agree with Paul Colemans figures as general, i tend to fall into that bracket when working alone plodding most days, but i am trying to improve my round constantly :)

Apart from today , im having a day off after a busy weekend :)

cozy

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 10:22:03 am »
Oh dear, I appear to be green Sean ;) The guy isn't happy if he isn't earning a quid a minute. That's what he said. I've lost interest now but the way he came accross was that 100 quid an hour was the going rate blah blah blah.

Having said all this, I get shocked at the earnings banded about on here. As someone pointed out earlier, these top earners are the first to whinge when it gets too cold to work. Then they only got into WCing to earn a few quid and have alot of free quality time with family blah blah. Then they earn 60 quid minmum and if others don't then they need to get themselves sorted etc etc.

It's like s e x, those who don't get enough blabber about it most. (That's me by the way :-[ ) There are guys on here who come on here for tips and advice. Great to hear tips like if you aint earning 60 an hour, your doing something wrong. ::)

Keep it up lads. At least I'm impressed. ;)

Before I go out to earn a few sheckles this afternoon. For anyone to be so impressed with what they earn in this job, must have been collecting empty beer cans for scrap before they got into WCing.

Johnny B

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 11:19:34 am »
Good post Cozy.

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.