UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

Chewing Gum Removal

<< < (2/2)

Ken Wainwright:
I have a couple of sites for bonnet mopping every 3 months. I use OneStep @1:10 in my sprayer. The water on site is usually quite hot at about 60 to 70C. I get quite a bit of BlueTac and occasional wads of chewy. I place the tip of my sprayer on the floor and try to aim the spray underneath the wad, if you can understand what I'm trying to say. A quick blast from the sprayer and a quick agitate with a steel spatula, hey presto it's gone. It's quicker for me in this instance than using a Citrus Gel type product. Bonnet afterwards and never had a problem with the bitumen tile backing. OK, everything is less than 3 months old, so it may not be suitable for lots of wads that have been there for a year or two, but it's more ammunition in your armoury.

I've heard a lot of favourable reports about Rid-a-Gum. One from an operator who has used all the tools, gadgets and solutions under the sun. He now buys it by the caseful.

Alex:
Hi Bob,

I use a very similar machine to the Gum Fighters; however, I would be very careful when using on rubber backed carpets or floor tiles as it burns, the temp of the equipment needs to be from 85 to 130.

I personally love my machines, however, I’ve had a couple of worrying moments – Ashby’s have a V2 Chewing Gum spotting Wand, I’m not to sure what it’s like but I’m on a course with them next week and I’m going to put it to the test. If the results are no better I’d suggest continuing with Rid a Gum.

Hope this helps

Dynafoam:
Alex,

The V2 gum wand consists of a cylindrical wand with the jet enclosed within and a toothed scraper bar at the back end. When attatched to their V2 Steamate, with steam @ 110C it most certainly should work but would require caution in use to avoid both heat and mecanical damage.

Thik I'll stick to the hands-and-knees approach!

R.P.CLEANING:
if you get stuck lol. try a bit of boiling water rub with spoon till it spreads. tip a cap full of white spirt ( not turps) rub with cap it vanishes and it removes the reidue. £1 from the pound shop.
Works on pub carpets.
Cheers Rod
P.S. I will get branded a cowboy for that tip

Mark Betts:
Too late we already know you are.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version