UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

Chewing Gum Removal

(1/2) > >>

bob:
Hi All,
As with all of us I find getting Chewing Gum out of carpets hard work. I have used most of the products on the market the most recent one being 'Rid-A-Gum, not bad stuff but at around £10.77p for 500ml from CleanTalk, not the cheapest. I am going to look at the 3G Cleaning Gum Fighter machine in the next day or to and would ask if any one has any comments about this machine or any magic way of removing Gum and the like.
Thanks Bob the Job

Ivar_Haglund:
::)

freeze spray works pretty good

Be carefull using solvent on glue downhttp://

Derek:
Ivar

I take my hat off to you...I have NEVER got along with the freezer spray removers and prefer to use the citrus gels instead.
I have found them to work well without the penetration to backings that you could get with using pure solvents.

Cheers
Derek

Dynafoam:
Like Derek I have never got on with freezer sprays, although I accept that they are probably ideal for daily maintenance.

Once the wad has been impacted into the carpet and mixed with grit, powdered glass etc. freezing just does not work. The fact that the wad will, on some carpets, contain carpet fibres means that if the wad is broken, these fibres will tear.

Citrus gel, aided by a good steam pistol removes most of the mass and a follow-up with d'limonene or 'Solvall' (used with caution, not poured on) is sometimes required.

John

HolmansUKLTD:
:D yes i to use the citrus gel seems to work pretty well, and with the freeze spray and chip technique i find it ends up in my clothing and hair!!

a good friend of mine bob in pompy swears by this rid a gum stuff so if he says its good then its good ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version