The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Truckmount for sale
« on: December 28, 2008, 04:08:50 am »
Chemspec Avenger 210 Truckmount Carpet and Upholstery cleaning machine fitted in "P" reg. Mercedes Sprinter Van. This is a fully working recently serviced carpet cleaning machine ready for work. Van has 7 months MOT and taxed until April 2009. Drives well and is in a good clean condition.
The carpet cleaning machine was professionally fitted by chemspec from new and has had extras fitted. The machine has only run for 342 hours from new and comes complete with 100 meters of hosing, twin jet carpet cleaning wand, stair cleaning hand tool and upholstery cleaning tool.  The vacuum is fully adjustable to get maximum drying times and pressure goes to 1000psi. Hot water in seconds. Complete with chemical mixer and 60 gallon fresh water and waste tanks. The machine is currently anti freezed up to preserve due to winter temperatures. Comes complete with manufacturers operating manual. Full demonstration can be given to buyer.
This was recently purchaced but due to genuine change in circumstances need to sell. As said above "this set up is fully working... serviced and ready to work".
"This is a genuine good buy!!!"
I am looking for offers from £3000-£3500. Stands me at more... but would sooner see go to good home and be used.
Photos can be requested by email to mick.bullous@inbox.com
Tel: 07784841366. If not answered send a text with your contact details. I will ring you back.
Buyer to collect as can be driven away.
Payment to be made in cash on collection.

stu_thomson

Re: Truckmount for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 05:18:05 pm »
so in ten + years the machine has only done 342 hrs is that correct or a typo?

how many miles on van?
stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 06:37:43 pm »
Sounds like you have a bargin there Monty,
if you fill in your details on your profile you may get a better response.

i.e E-mail address and location!

craigp

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 07:24:09 pm »
You bought it like two months ago ??? why buy it then sell it? at least give it a chance.

madness!

clinton

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 07:36:40 pm »
Was it the one from ebay ???

craigp

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 02:31:45 pm »
yes thats the one Clinton.

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 03:41:33 pm »
so in ten + years the machine has only done 342 hrs is that correct or a typo?

how many miles on van?
stu

It was a good question - but no answer as of today  ???

stu_thomson

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 05:05:58 pm »
I also asked for photos but didnt recieve any ???

stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

clinton

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 05:15:29 pm »
Cheers craig thought it was ::)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 05:19:18 pm »
if you look at his profile you'll see he hasn't been on the site since his first post.

so to ask  why he hasn't answered any questions is simple, he hasn't seen them.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

jasonl

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 09:11:33 pm »
In his post of 17 NOV,  just after he bought it he states that the machine has done 340 hours, then he says it has paid fr itself already, but on 28/Dec   he advertises it with 342 hours , which means that in the 2 hours it has run he has grossed about 2 grand each hour.

In reality  , I am guessing that  the work is not there for him at the moment ,and he has decided on a change of direction.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2009, 11:01:08 pm »
were all in sales do you never NEVER bend the truth........its getting like a witch hunt on here.... :'( :'( :'(
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 08:34:53 am »
were all in sales do you never NEVER bend the truth........its getting like a witch hunt on here.... :'( :'( :'(

No to your first point.

but I will be more careful buying in the future  :)

Its not a witch hunt - just extracting more info.
I have a TM so not particularly interested in this one, but trying to help someone who may be interested.

Its a reasonable request to try to find how a TM of this age has only have 342 hours on the clock.
The machine even at 8 years old has only been run 1 hour per week (on average), which seems very low. Even 1 hour per day would be 4000 hours.

There may well be a good reason, but its not noticable.

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 04:26:11 pm »
Depends what you mean by 'bending the truth', do you mean lying? In which case I'd say no.  ::)

However presenting an item in the best possible light, ie playing up the good bits playing down the bad bits etc then that's perfectly reasonable.

Trouble is,already the discrepancies in the way the machine is presented don't inspire confidence, and confidence is probably the key factor in a buying decision.

It may be a cracking buy for someone in reality, who knows.

stu_thomson

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 04:46:43 pm »
As Mr Bannatyne would say "Im out!" ;D

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 06:55:36 pm »
no wonder the guys never been back on this site, fae the day he posted the post.

I mean yo never tell a customer you carpet will be dry in 2 hours when you no it wont..

We are ment to welcome new people to this site its getting like a closed shop or the masons..
and the poor guys getting slated and hes never been on line fae the day he posted that what i mean........
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

Joe H

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 07:11:03 pm »
If he hasnt been on line since the day he first posted his advert he wouldnt know what has been said, so it cant be that he has been put off.

Perhaps on a cruise in the caribean, and if he is - who can blame him - its a bit too cold here.

clinton

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 07:14:37 pm »
Joe

Thought it would be sunny in warrington ;D

Joe H

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 07:18:04 pm »
Always the sun shines on Warrington - them clouds keep getting in the way though. ;)

craigp

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 09:36:50 pm »
James

I never tell a customer that a carpet will be dry in 2 hours when I know it wont, thats a bad idea!! and will not be good for future work from that client.

Tell the truth, 6-8 hrs wool, 4-5 synthetic.

Customers will appreciate honesty, you do want them to come back to you, dont you?