Alex Wingrove

Erhum a trolley
« on: May 13, 2007, 06:02:34 pm »
OK

i need some help, and i will mention the word wfp, and hope to get lots, i need a trolley i can collapse and fit into the back of my estate, i don't need such advice as get a van, because im not going to do that, so don't even bother please. i want to know if the freedom one is the only that collapse down to fit in the back of the estate,

also i want to know if there are any i can buy that will fit into the back of an estate so i can make my own trolley,

oh and pics aswell please

Thanks

Alex

Alex Wingrove

Re: Erhum a trolley
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 06:13:12 pm »
im just after something that will work around my car

do you think the backpack is a good line to take?

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 06:35:18 pm »
A back pack is cheap and well worth the money.  About £200 for a shurflow 4 speed job.

Freedom do a folding trolly, it takes 25L barrels.  Thats only 7Ls more than the back pack.

Simon.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 06:37:03 pm »
i know freedom do, i was going to buy one on ebay but went above what i wanted to pay,

i don't want to carry a huge  250ltr tank in my car easier so will carry 25l barrels instead, is the backpack easy to refill from barrels?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 06:42:40 pm »
20 litres weighs a bit less for pouring and a large funnel helps. Or you could fit a fluid transfer pump. A backpack is fast on domestic and small commercial work. Ideal for a car. Oh and if you do use it on your back which is faster than anything out there, you dont have to fill it. Use small jets.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 06:50:18 pm »
Back packs are very easy to fill.  The opening is about 5 inches in diameter.  Just pour the water in.  A liter of water weighs a kilo a backpack filled with water weighs 25 kilos.

Spursboy1972

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 06:59:13 pm »
25 ltrs or Kilos on yopur back is nothing! I wopuld like to know the best value back pack and where to get them from. Cheapest is not necessary but best value.
Clear Vision~"The Difference is Clear"

Southampton- Hampshire

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 07:02:14 pm »
Omni used to sell the 100psi but through using it themselves they upgraded to 80psi with an "exclusive"different pump. Alas the only viable competitor Mattabi is no more.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 07:04:04 pm »
Same as me i`m not bothered about the price i would like to know which one is the best i`m gonna order one next week.Also can you buy them already for microbore and basically plug in and away you go,i`ve got a job next week that would be handy for the backpack.Thanks.

Tosh

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 07:09:15 pm »
im just after something that will work around my car

do you think the backpack is a good line to take?

If you're working out of a car, then the back pack is the BEST choice you really have.

Trust me on this.

A trolley system is heavy in itself; without water; plus the wheels can run through mud and dog poo.  Do you want to lug it in and out of the back seat with all that gunk on the wheels?

Do you want to lug it out at all?

With most makes of car, sticking one in the boot isn't practicle because you'll still want to carry ladders and you can't get the heavy thing out of the boot without removing your ladders first.

I think trolleys are mostly useless bits of kit.  I've a fifty litre one rotting away in my back garden.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 07:17:59 pm »
Alex
I use the freedom trolley and its great but......tosh is right about the dogs poo.

Last week my wheels found the biggest pile of poo ever. Nightmare to remove but got there eventually. Then wiped the hose cos your never know???

Bod
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 07:21:28 pm »
With a back pack how long does it take before you need to refill.ie whats the ltr pur hour or how many houses could you do, say three bed semis
Thanks
Rob

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 07:28:04 pm »
On regular cleans you could do 2 3bed semi's easy with a back pack.  Other guys on here use it on a very low setting like 1 or 2 so possibly get a bit more done.  I use it on 3 and my mrs uses it on 4.

Here's where I got mine, was thinking of going for an omnipole job but it doesn't have the varible speed.

http://cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Backpack_and_trolleys.html

just noticed it says out of stock, now thats saying something.

Simon

Rob.Hall

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 07:43:41 pm »
They were not out of stock yesterday... :-[

Thanks Simon

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 08:36:19 pm »
OK

so what do i need to do to convert it to work for wfp, i know its gonna be an american plug etc if i get it from us which might be cheaper,

what other things do i need aswell, im thinking ro-di system and a storage tank, and poles and brushes, but no hose correct?

also one more question, if i buy a 4 stage RO-DI system will that purify my hard water enough or will i need to get something else

Thanks

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 08:40:57 pm »
Alex,

Wait a minute and check your E-Mail.  I have sent you a write up I did about MY Backpack system.

Phone me on 07815106363

If you want to ask any Questions

David Salkeld
Not Perfect - But Honest

Jon T.C.

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 09:18:30 pm »
On regular cleans you could do 2 3bed semi's easy with a back pack.  Other guys on here use it on a very low setting like 1 or 2 so possibly get a bit more done.  I use it on 3 and my mrs uses it on 4.

Here's where I got mine, was thinking of going for an omnipole job but it doesn't have the varible speed.

http://cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Backpack_and_trolleys.html

just noticed it says out of stock, now thats saying something.

Simon

You can get those trolleys in Maplins £29.99
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 10:55:24 pm »
David

thank you very much, much appreciated, i will give you a call when i get one to ask for your advice on things

im thinking of getting a 75gpd ro di system, i live in a hard water area, this should be sufficient right?

and im also thinking of getting a 1000l ibc tank to stick somewhere, that should be ok?

Thanks again David much appreciated

williamx

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 08:45:02 am »
Why do you need a trolley, just have a hose reel with 120 metres of microbore hose on it, also a 125 lites water tank, you can reach any where you need to go and its faster than using a trolley.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 09:13:46 am »
A 75gpd ro di will take days to fill a 1000l IBC tank but if you are only using a little each day it should be enough. 

I think previous posts about dog poo on wheels and the fact that you probably have friends travel in your car on a regular basis, the back pack sounds like a good idea.

Simon.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 09:32:14 am »
Couldn't the dog poo problem be solved by putting a board on your back seat whilst working?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 09:58:34 am »
It sounds like the backpack and water containers may be the way to go as you only want to do occasional windows with it.  Make sure you recharge every night though as I found mine notorious for running down.  Personally, I found backpack unreliable and my (broken) backpack just gathers dust in the garage.  I bumped into someone who manages perfectly well with a small tank in an estate car and lives locally.  Like you he is mainly a ladder user and uses WFP on an occasional basis.

LSB

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 02:11:36 pm »
i am also considering using trolley ( freedom) from estate car ,
 if anyone local to me in harrow uses one and wouldnt mind letting me come and see it in use i would appreciate it .
lloyd 0775 478 0539

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 05:15:27 pm »
william, please read my dilemma  first, i have a car, not a van, in which i dont want a huge tank taking up all the boot space

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 05:24:12 pm »
william, please read my dilemma  first, i have a car, not a van, in which i dont want a huge tank taking up all the boot space

Not sure who William is but I was referring to a tank that's about 125 litres (maximum)  in size and is upright.  Seems to leave the guy plenty of other room. I wouldn't dismiss it so readily.  It wouldn't take up any more room than a backpack and barrels.  Of course, if you want to be able to use the back of the estate for other things then clearly a fixed tank is not an option.  In that situation I would go for the backpack.  It can get a bit heavy lugging it around though.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 05:28:45 pm »
william was someone who replied earlier

that's the thing i do want the use of the boot sometimes, just don't want heavy great big tank taking up the room, thing with backpack and barrels are i can take them in and out willy nilly.

wished i had it today, i had a few Georgians, i have Georgians

brett walker

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 05:37:58 pm »
The latest pure freedom trolley is very light and small it would be ideal to work from an estate car with water barrels but a van would be better.

If you are looking for a cheap option then go for a backpack

You could make your own trolley diy

Also available on here is the pure ease

It all depends on your circumstances really

Brett

williamx

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 05:43:18 pm »
Alex

A 125 litre tant is smaller than an average suitcase and when empty its quite easy to take out of the back of your car, you don't need to bolt it down you can just use straps.

If you want to spend over five hundred pounds on a trolley system which takes up more space and weight than a 125 litre tank then that up to you, but I have not used my trolley in over 3 years

NWH

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 05:48:00 pm »
I still can`t get my head round how much they charge for them trolleys,after all it`s only a battery,pump,varistream or similar.????

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 05:55:34 pm »
i think the trolley is out of the question now, as i wont be needing it all the time, i only mainly want it for 3rd storey work

will the 40psi be able to handle that?

and a 125l tank is much bigger than a suitcase

williamx

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 05:57:49 pm »
You ain't seen my suitcase

brett walker

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 05:59:44 pm »
i think the trolley is out of the question now, as i wont be needing it all the time, i only mainly want it for 3rd storey work

will the 40psi be able to handle that?

and a 125l tank is much bigger than a suitcase

Looks like a backpack will be best for you working from an estate car and the set up costs would be minimum

Brett.

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 06:01:15 pm »
haha, is it a mary poppins one?

if i went efp fully i would get a van and tank but im not thinking od doing it atm, just want something so i can wfp some difficult windows some 3rd storey stuff and Georgian, a tank just seem like too much hard work

oh btw will what trolley have you got?

williamx

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 06:02:28 pm »
This water tank I can carry in my suitcase http://www.water-tanks.net/cleaning_services.htm

A 40 psi pump will go up 3 storey houses no problem.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 06:05:31 pm »
A 35psi flojet will do 60ft ideally you need one without a pressure switch otherwise the weight of the column of water may cause it to cycle off.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 06:11:09 pm »

;D   .  I reckon you need a car like the Tardis.  Bigger on the inside than the outside.

williamx

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 06:20:02 pm »

if i went efp fully i would get a van and tank but im not thinking od doing it atm, just want something so i can wfp some difficult windows some 3rd storey stuff and Georgian, a tank just seem like too much hard work

oh btw will what trolley have you got?

Alex

If you are only doing a few houses then a backpack is ok, but before you spend your money on a trolley-backpack or whatever, check if there are access issues, a lot of houses now days have no access to the back unless you go though the house, or the path to the back is full of rubbish and draging a trolley can be a nightmare.

A backpack is ok, but the main problem is filling it up all the time, at the end of a long day, lifting over 20 kilos onto your back can be a pain.

With a hose system, with the water tank left in the car, is much more quicker and easier on the body.  By the time you have got your trolley or backpack out and filled it up and connected everything that you need to, I would have finshed the job and be on my way to the next house.  

brett walker

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 06:26:22 pm »
If you just start doing the odd window with wfp before long you will find you will be using it more and more  8)

I find taking my ladder off is a chore its just easier to wfp all the tops, i havent been up the ladder properly for over a year now last week did a gutter job the next day my legs were aching lke mad.  I found that with not going up the ladder for so long i was very shakey ;D :P

Brett

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 06:36:25 pm »
but i dont want to trail a hose pipe everywhere, if i have a backpack, its lift and go, lifting 20k isnt hard work do it all day will be double 12' wooden a frame above my head, and as for filling, it wont take long compared to not doing the job at all because i cant reach certain windows, getting a tank just seems to defeat the simplicity of the desire, unless you can suggest a tank i can clever put into me astra estate

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 06:44:54 pm »
Alex,

I recon:

1. Can you get  6 25ltr barrels in your car boot (even if you put the back seat down?)?

Now I have these:

www.performance-equestrian.com/cat/cat010100x-item_1.html

They are 30ltr (Cramed full 32ltr ;))
6 of these = 180ltr + BP full = 198 ltrs ;)

Thats what I have in my traler.....................I have only ONCE squeezed the last drop out of the lot :o

To use the Backpack on 2nd setting you will use no more that 200 ltrs a day

Also get a 100gpd RO that will give you 160 - 200ltrs of pure water over a 24hr period.  If you find that's not enough then you can, for about £50 - £60 add another 100gpd RO to your whole unit.

Basicaly I recon you should have:

1 x 100gpd 5 stage RO www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=34&osCsid=a261cafd969efe1ac9c59560ba3e91d7
withwww.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=98&osCsid=a261cafd969efe1ac9c59560ba3e91d7

Your 1000ltr IBC

That will purifie enough water for you

Then

6 x 30ltr barrels
1 x Sureflow Backpack.  Get a spare battery AND a multi charger from Maplins and dump the US charger ;)

1 x 18 foot pole (Choice is yours ::) ::))

1 X 30 - 35' pole (If you do 2nd floor ???)

1 x 4ft pole (for downstairs)

When you get going and save a bit of money up I would concider getting a trailer so you can mount the BP and use atransfer pump to fill it so as NOT TO LIFT IT ;) ;)

Hope this helps ???

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2007, 07:07:25 pm »
thanks dave it seems  feasible, do you know what the dimensions of the containers are please

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2007, 07:17:59 pm »

Good Question Alex ???

It stands to reason that they are probably a bit bigger than the 25ltr ones..................I'll measure one of mine tommorrow ;)
If I remember ::) ::)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2007, 07:25:13 pm »
just a rough idea will do not after specifics

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 07:40:42 pm »
Alex,

At a guess..............about 25cm x 25cm x 40cm tall ???

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 07:41:32 pm »
your guess are very good and specific,

thanks buddy, i can guess how many i can get in now

brightnclean

« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2007, 10:24:51 pm »
I just found this while trolling through Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REVERSE-OSMOSIS-SYSTEM-WATER-FED-POLE-WINDOW-CLEANING_W0QQitemZ260117404877QQihZ016QQcategoryZ112579QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I,ve got their 300 GPD one and its very good at the job.

They also do 10 inch DI vessels with resin for £21.00 if bought with an RO system. It isnt shown on that Ebay ad but its on their website   www.purefreedom.co.uk

mark dew

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2007, 11:53:35 pm »
but i dont want to trail a hose pipe everywhere, if i have a backpack, its lift and go,

I read what you say but;
You might be better off, when buying your poles, to ask for an extra 10 - 15 metres of internal pole hose. (eg, 18 ft pole = 50 feet of pole hose instead of the standard 18 feet + about 3 feet extra)
Pole hose coils up in a very small, light roll and it will make the job much quicker when you can work away from backpack, rather than moving it every couple of windows.
I have extra 15 metres and i can reach around all my standard jobs with a trolley parked half way down the side of house. Its also much quicker to gather in than microbore.
I use a trolley out of a van in preference to van mount on most jobs, but out of a car a trolley would be too awkward i reckon.