Nameless Drudge

Re: exciting times...dont make me laugh
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 02:17:41 pm »
1 I have a established round
2 I have a canvassing and marketing business.
3 I will have more  vans on the road next year.
4 I've said from the start its,about the long game.
5 my prices are higher than anyone in my area.
6 I will be  getting 12 quid a house.
7 stuff the lot of you as I will not share the successful results on here because 90 % of people are bitchy little kids.

You wouldn't have shared the true reflection of the results anyway.
So you reckon you will be getting £12 per house,so that makes each house you do normally £60.....and thats according to your previous post percentages..... ;D ;D ;D

Yes I would have shared the results honestly and openly and yes would normally charge 60.
It's a experiment that I have 7 months to do and will do weekends only at first.
More exposure,publicity etc.
 Next year the plan is to hang the pole up to concentrate on the marketing side.

So is it your marketing business that has decided you should work for basically nowt every weekend for the next 7 months to gain some exposure? Your shooting through. You`ll be hanging up the pole alright  as you`ll be sick as f...

H S and Son

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2011, 02:56:41 pm »
Im going to keep my mouth shut, even though I dont want to  ;D

Helen

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 03:04:17 pm »
;
awwwwwwwwww go on, you can't keep it in, it will burn you up if you don't get it off yer chest ;D

Helen

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 03:07:01 pm »
The snag with canvassing is the hours ya spend knocking,then following
That up etc.and not get a bean.

I'm surprised to hear that sort of thing from you :) You get nothing in this life unless you work for it

Which is better than nothing I suppose.
No it isn't, if you get it wrong you will be working at a loss

Helen

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2011, 03:08:54 pm »
Kev, calm down, what you do in your business is up to you, others are just airing their opinion and are entitled to do so. :)
I have to admit that it does confuse me that you consider doing a groupon when you say you have a canvassing and marketing business. Why not put the effort into that rather than into "less" profitable work?
Yes I understand how Groupon works and forgetting the lesser paid work at the moment if done well it can/maybe bring you in a very quick database. Only time will tell how it works out for you.
Unfortunatley on the down side, Groupn, living social and suchlike are only interested in making money for themselves and have no idea of the sectors and how they perfom in the outside world and the idea of these discounts only de-value the industries that many have strived to build up. :)

Spot on, Helen.

;D ;D ;D

stuart mc

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2011, 03:09:10 pm »

just spit it out man ;D don't hold back

H S and Son

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2011, 04:36:13 pm »
;
awwwwwwwwww go on, you can't keep it in, it will burn you up if you don't get it off yer chest ;D

In a while maybe  ;D

gary999

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2011, 04:47:38 pm »
i personally thinks its a bad idea

but best of luck with it,i hope it turns out to be
a success for you

windiewasher

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2011, 04:57:31 pm »
loves the two faced people on here,but you know what to all the low life two faced twats do one!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

stuart mc

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2011, 05:43:52 pm »
loves the two faced people on here,but you know what to all the low life two faced twats do one!

why do you always take things personally? you put up an idea for debate and when the debate doesn't go your way everyone is against you, they aren't they just think the idea is pointless, it is nothing personal. I happen to agree with them that it is a pointless idea but good luck with it anyway

Helen

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2011, 05:53:10 pm »

oooo'er missus go and take a chill pill ;D ;D

H S and Son

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2011, 06:39:33 pm »

Kevin, why do you say they are two faced?

Have they said something on one occassion and something that contradicts that on a different occassion?

windiewasher

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2011, 06:46:29 pm »
i've said all im going to say on the matter!
i will not be mentioning groupon on here again!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

sven

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2011, 07:09:10 pm »
kev

whats groupon ?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2011, 08:07:43 pm »
Apologies for the maths, but if you can keep your attention all the way through, I think it adds to the debate.

So, looking at it mathematically (my preferred option as my accountant uses it for my accounts).

200 customers with jobs at £100 each (nominal value £20,000) that I'm doing for £20 nets me £4,000, so I have effectively spent about £16,000 to get them.

I prefer to turn it on its head.

If I spend £16,000 on leafletting, how many customers at £100 could I get (assuming £100 is competitive in the area I'm attacking)?

Well in my world, including solus delivery, a very high quality leaflet costs just under 8p.  Let's round it up to the full 8p.  So, I could send out 200,000 leaflets.  A 0.4% return (again, I am assuming that the £100 is reasonable) would give me 800 customers, so £80,000 of business. Put it this way, instead of spending 80% of the return on getting the customer, I'd be spending 20%.

And those would all be customers who were happy to pay £100 the first time, so I wouldn't be be expecting only 20% of them to become regulars; if they are happy the first time, they should be the second.

Just running through my logic.  I also accept there are some fairly heroic assumptions about market size, etc, in there, but the whole thing could be scaled down to be more reasonable.  Do point out any mathematical errors (I make plenty).

I genuinely hope it works out but it does look extremely expensive from where I'm sitting.

And apologies if this makes me two-faced, but I prefer to say the numbers are talking, not me.

Vin

Inside Out

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2011, 08:35:08 pm »
I like old dears cos when they ask you after tea and biscuites have i paid you i say no, but she had paid me tho,no you not paid love and its double this time,i sure i paid you last time,no love its double 20 pound happy days , i like the ones who suffer from Dimension,you can screw them for loads of cash,but if i get caught again ill go to prison ;D
happydays BUMPER

please tell me you're joking!?

StockClean

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2011, 08:35:22 pm »
Groupon have a revenue of $312.9 Million. All off the backs of other hard working businesses who  90 percent arnt either turning a profit, or are very small proftits less than 500k per year.

They are nothing more than leeches, they latch onto your business, de value your market, and throw you the remaining crumbs.

Only ones that benefit from this is Groupon.