nathankaye

This is it really, the truth is, we dont know the full impact yet.  All anybody knows is the immediate future and beyond that, its guess work. However, currently the vast majority on here are saying they are healthy enough to work and they still have work to do.  So thats a good thing at the moment.

Its nice to have some good news rather than read how little toilet paper there is in shops etc etc etc
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

So much rejoicing here , I am sorry to be the grim reaper but the shat hasn’t even started to hit the fan yet  .

My best case scenario is that my custies get through this and I can pick up where I left off

thats why i started this thread...itll be interesting to see how we all get on over the next 3 or 4  months......
price higher/work harder!

windowswashed

Glad it’s going well for some. We do all commercial and have had £2000 a month worth of contracts suspended since yesterday morning. That works out around 16 contracts of varying sizes. Bad times. It’s been one call after another, mostly since schools were announced to be closing. Worst part is these were mostly hotels and bars. Rest we do are shops, probably all soon to follow.

I made that mistake once putting too many eggs in one basket, lost a big chunk of work in a short time frame, took six to twelve months to replace it. Now I make sure I have a wide variety of work for window cleaning.

dazmond

always keep a wide variety of work on your books so when you lose a few  for whatever reason it doesnt hurt as much......

Missing Link

Anything commercial is at risk, IMO.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

dazmond

yep.....and the " always late paying" domestic jobs where you just know their gonna struggle big time........i might not even have the heart to get the money owed after some of the sad stories ive heard this week.....

yep.....and the " always late paying" domestic jobs where you just know their gonna struggle big time........i might not even have the heart to get the money owed after some of the sad stories ive heard this week.....
Its my shop round early tomorrow. I'm starting later and checking in with them before cleaning ( all small independants  ) I'm expecting most to have been hit bad. I hope to retain them and ask them to call me if and when they require cleaning for the foreseeable. I cancelled 3 domestic  jobs this morning that all required access through and within their properties. They were all happy for me to have continued even though one couple were supposedly self distancing from others. It just  seemed to be the responsible approach to  take at the moment. I will be concentrating on the no contact or human interaction jobs for the time being. Fortunately that makes up the majority of my round and nearly all pay by bacs. I've worked out my monthly outgoings and adjusted my minimum daily/weekly targets to keep things ticking over, obviously with anything over that being a bonus. The most important thing for us is to stay afloat through this and retain our customers. Don't set the bar too high and be understanding to others financial situation, welcome them back on board if need be later if they are struggling.

Missing Link

Had an e-mail from Hannover Court; I think I'm category 2 (non essential) so looks like that's on pause.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

G Griffin

Don't get your Hannover Court.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

harleyman

doom and gloom merchants stop watching the telly all the time some of you you will have your self dead and buried in a week.keep positive

Stoots

Next week will be interesting  when people literally can't work because they have to be at home looking after their kids.

It's not even started yet

Dave Willis

The Samaritans will be snowed under. Many parents don’t spend a week with their kids at home.

G Griffin

Next week will be interesting  when people literally can't work because they have to be at home looking after their kids.

Aye, that'll be me and a lot of my customers.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

You're looking after your customers at home?

G Griffin

You're looking after your customers at home?
No, their kids  ;D
I'll be the fAgin of the window cleaning world.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

Let's hurry up and get locked down I say

Houses and Gardens full of kids, worst nightmare for a window cleaner.

zesty

I’m not expecting to lose much commercial, most of mine is regular office/apartment blocks, most of which are paid for by the service charge, which will continue to be paid, so I expect to carry on as normal.

Not expecting to lose the car showroom I do either, but we will see in due course!

deeege

I’m not expecting to lose much commercial, most of mine is regular office/apartment blocks, most of which are paid for by the service charge, which will continue to be paid, so I expect to carry on as normal.

Not expecting to lose the car showroom I do either, but we will see in due course!

My commercial work is similar to that, will probably be put on hold for a month or two but hopefully start again. If I only lose 25% I’d be very happy.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Ooooooog

5k down so far. Hopefully we can keep the guys employed...
Work has pretty much stopped coming in. Should be okay for a month but then.......

P @ F

I’m starting to think how lucky I am just being a sole trader , I have lost nothing yet , not been out much this week to be fair , next week will be the game changer with kids home and job loss realised !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !