Paul Wisdom

Re: Problems with George
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 09:42:41 pm »

Tony dunmall

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 10:06:34 pm »
You'll enjoy cleaning planner there service is excellent , they exported data and set it up same evening

I've two companies which I run using cleaning planner it's ease of use and simplicity is very appealing to me

To be honest wish I'd changed years ago, time saved makes payment just not even noticeable

rosskesava

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 10:43:19 pm »
Post up on here for help. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GeorgeSupport/info

The last message on there was about exactly the same problem I'm having and that was in late Feb. It's now late April.

I've emailed the bloke so I'll wait and see if I get a reply.

Clearer Planner got back to me the same day.

Thanks though for posting that.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

windowswashed

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 11:22:05 pm »
If some files are missing or not working properly on George and it won't run properly then close down George and download George Fix  from the same web place you downloaded George. Open and run George Fix and keep it as a shortcut on your desktop. With George w/c program closed down, click George Fix to repair your corrupt George files. Then reopen George w/c program and all should be sorted so everything works fine again.  :)

rosskesava

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 11:59:59 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion.

I've done that already. This is a problem with the new version of George and data from the last backup from the previous version of George. They don't like each other.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

windowswashed

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2017, 12:05:40 am »
Try reloading (backing up from a previous back up you saved rather than your very last back up saved just in case your very last backup had corrupt files but the previous versions were ok. Failing that I would say uninstall George completely from your pc and George Fix & Restore, then download all three again from scratch and try several of your last backu ups you saved, good luck  :)

windowswashed

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2017, 12:07:50 am »
If worse comes to the worst reload an earlier version of George if you have it saved somewhere on your pc or restore your computer to an earlier restore point and print off all your work to paper

Marc Stock

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2017, 08:03:59 am »
Thanks for the suggestion.

I've done that already. This is a problem with the new version of George and data from the last backup from the previous version of George. They don't like each other.

Bad programming.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2017, 08:26:36 am »
Any joy, Ross?
It's a game of three halves!

rosskesava

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2017, 09:41:47 am »
Any joy, Ross?

Nope.

Speaking to my missus on the phone this morning, who usually updates George each day, it turns out that she had downloaded the latest version of George a few weeks ago and had been getting the same error messages appearing but as George still seemed to work, she didn't worry about it.

Next step, go back through the history on the pc to find out when she was on the George website and use the update from the day before for Clearer Planner. At least then I'll only have lost a few weeks history on George. I hope.

I've had a few emails from Rob at Clearer Planner. Seems a nice bloke. He's at a bit of a loss as well and said that the backup file I sent him had yesterdays date. WTF?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2017, 03:01:52 pm »
Release 6 has just gone live.  Worth a try now.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

rosskesava

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2017, 03:42:04 pm »
Paul sent me an email a short while ago with an attached file and some instructions.

Unfortunately the laptop I use for George hadn't been connected to the internet for a few years and like a twatt, I bought it within range of the wifi.

So far it's got to installing update 27 of 162.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2017, 03:49:30 pm »
Looks like you have found the problem.  I have jist ran the update without any issues.

Hope it works after all the update.....long wait  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

rosskesava

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2017, 04:20:17 pm »
Fingers crossed when the updates finish.

Now on 65 of 162. Yawn.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2017, 04:22:37 pm »
You'll probably find once all done and reset that your updates may trigger further updates of later. Prepare for a long night  :D

rosskesava

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2017, 10:21:46 pm »
You'll probably find once all done and reset that your updates may trigger further updates of later. Prepare for a long night  :D

They've just finished. 7 hours of updates. It's only a small laptop with a small processor. It shut down twice due to over heating.  I am so glad that my main laptop runs Linux.

I followed Paul's instructions in the email and George is now running perfectly and all the data is back. So I'm now right back where I started yesterday morning but never mind. I'm more than happy I havn't lost any data.

David Morris wc

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2017, 07:39:49 pm »
Hi Ross

I did this below as per instructioons from Paul and it worked for me

Hi Dave

I'm not sure what could be causing that - maybe doing a restore of the old data into the new version.

The easiest way to fix it is to rename the C:\George\Gdata folder to something else - like C:\George\Oldata - then install the latest version and restore a data set from before the upgrade.

Let me know if you need any help with that.

rosskesava

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2017, 11:22:20 pm »
I tried that but it didn't work.

Paul asked me to send the file backup.geo to him which I did.

Then he emailed it back to me with the following instructions which worked first time:

Hi Ross

Here’s a fixed copy of your data.

1) Close down George

2) Install the Data Restore program from our Downloads page.

3) Save the attached file somewhere convenient and then drag it onto the Data Restore icon.

4) Install the latest version of George from our Downloads page – I just uploaded a new one.

Paul

It also works perfectly using DOS Box on an iMac and Wine Tricks on Linux.

Is that Dave Morris from the west country?

pikeman

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2017, 07:36:37 am »
This is why im nervous of updating George. Happy with the way it is now. Just wondered if I don't update will it still run ok?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2017, 12:03:42 pm »
I always save the update rather than running it. Once saved I rename it with the version number.  Then if there was a bug in the latest update I would just run the older install and reinstate last back up.