This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Problems with George
« on: April 25, 2017, 03:38:36 pm »
I've never had a real problem with George untill today.

I use George on an old laptop with windows 7 on it and hadn't updated the version of George for yonks. This morning I'd thought I'd download the latest version.

Now when I open up George I get two error messages:

Error: Destination file CLFIN2 not empty
Error: Destination file CLFROUND3 not empty

I eventually found some help group and Paul (who wrote the George program) recommended changing a file name and then deleting some files all of which I've done. I've still the same problem.

I've emailed Paul but that was a short while ago and I  assume he will reply but my problem is now.

I've taken today off work just to sort out and send off invoices, most of which are done, but there one in particular that needs to go off today and it for a lot of work covering 3 months for one company. Now I find that on George all the history of each job has gone.

Any one on here had this problem and solved it or had it solved by Paul?
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Problems with George
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 03:49:49 pm »
I would just completely uninstall George and remove the entire George directly. Just make sure you have the back up files stored outside this folder.

Then download and install again. Then install the latest backup file you had before the problems started.

If that don't work then there maybe a conflict on your device.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

rosskesava

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 03:53:29 pm »
I've done that several times and still have the same problem.

I've also installed it on a Linux OS using Wine Tricks with the same problem and also on an iMac using Dos Box.

Thanks for the idea though.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 03:57:02 pm »
Did the problem happen before you did a data restore when just running the trial program?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Marc Stock

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 04:01:16 pm »
I would just completely uninstall George and remove the entire George directly.

And start again with better system all together.

I never really thought George was that great. I use Sage ACT which is a proper crm system. Been using it for years.

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 04:04:49 pm »
Did the problem happen before you did a data restore when just running the trial program?

The problem started as soon as I installed the latest version of George.

I think it's a conflict between new and old data.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 04:08:39 pm »
That's what I thought and why I suggested just removing your George folder (or rename George folder to Georgeold) to rid and old files and start clean.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 04:10:40 pm »
What version was the last update you tried.  Mines on 3.71A7 release 2.

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 04:20:07 pm »
Mines the same but Release 5.

I think the conflict of old and new data is within the George program which isn't something I can do anything about.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 04:22:25 pm »
Interesting. I wonder if release 5 is bugged ?

Keep us informed chap.

Paul Wisdom

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 04:33:38 pm »
What is new in release 5

I have release 2  For now I think I will stick with it :)

Soupy

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 04:34:18 pm »
Time to move into the 21st century?

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 04:56:38 pm »

You're at it again. Baiting.

So what isn't so 21st century about a program that used to do all I wanted and needed it to?

What program are you on about Soupy?

tlwcs

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 05:45:32 pm »

So what isn't so 21st century about a program that used to do all I wanted and needed it to?

Soupy is on Aworka I think lol

Soupy

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 06:57:08 pm »

Excel or paper book from WHSmith.

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 07:01:28 pm »
I've just gone for a months free trial with Clear Planner simply because data from George can be exported to it which I don't think can be done with Aworker.

I also look at what was mentioned above (Sage ACT) which I couldn't make head nor tail of.

rosskesava

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 07:02:51 pm »

I can see you spare no expense to keep your 9 customers happy.

Soupy

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 08:10:21 pm »

I can see you spare no expense to keep your 9 customers happy.

Dedicated to all 9.

Going on a marketing campaign this year, going for the even dozen. Might need to employ.

johnwillan

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 08:16:51 pm »
I've just gone for a months free trial with Clear Planner simply because data from George can be exported to it which I don't think can be done with Aworker.

I also look at what was mentioned above (Sage ACT) which I couldn't make head nor tail of.

Hope you get it sorted. Chris at Aworka will happily import your data.

rosskesava

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 09:36:55 pm »
Hope you get it sorted. Chris at Aworka will happily import your data.

I might give Aworker a go as well.

I emailed off the recent back up file from George to Clearer Planner and they loaded it on to my free trial thing which TBH looks pretty good.

The only problem is the data from the George back up file only seems to go up to 2011. I'm hoping and preying that I havn't lost all my work history for the last 6 years.

I'm spitting nails.  This is going to be another day off work tomorrow.

Anyone know how to or where to get any older version of George?