NWH

Bad results with Liqidator
« on: March 14, 2016, 10:27:19 am »
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I have been using one of these with the Razor rubber which in an unger S channel has been good,I did some Windows indoors at home yesterday and at first I thought the windows were spotless and the liquidator was a joy to use with this red rubber. About an hour later the sun hit the Windows and the results were horrendous to the point I had to do them all again I'm just wondering whether Nick Cristian who raves on about these knows that when he walks away and thinks the Windows look great in fact they are dreadful.

Smurf

Re: Bad results with Liqidator
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:04:28 am »
Some have mentioned on other forums that razor red rubber recently is not as good as it's cracked up to be. Not sure if it's a quiality issue as some say it's diferent somehow. I would not know myself as I've have never used it.

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 11:09:42 am »
I use a wagulator with moerman rubber and seems fine to me.
Mind you I'm as blind as a bat  ;D

NWH

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 11:59:27 am »
I find the red rubber very good in a normal or slightly dog eared squeegee but in the liquidator all seems lovely when you using it only when you look back in the right light the results are awful,normally you get a clue that it's not doing as good a job but with that I didn't they looked perfect at first glance. I use mine similar to Nick Christian on youtube I hope he's not getting the same results as I did with it because you would have to hold your hands up and do them again.

chris turner

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 12:23:15 pm »
The razor rubber isn't very good. Yes it lasts forever but it drags leaving streaks on the glass.
I noticed this the last couple of weeks,  using it on a dog eared unger squeegee.
Iv tried nearly all rubbers but the one I always go back to is unger hard, it's unbeatable for best results but doesn't last long before it gets 'kinks'.

chris turner

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 12:26:41 pm »
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I have been using one of these with the Razor rubber which in an unger S channel has been good,I did some Windows indoors at home yesterday and at first I thought the windows were spotless and the liquidator was a joy to use with this red rubber. About an hour later the sun hit the Windows and the results were horrendous to the point I had to do them all again I'm just wondering whether Nick Cristian who raves on about these knows that when he walks away and thinks the Windows look great in fact they are dreadful.

Also with the liquidator you need to bend the clips slightly. They way it comes out of the box puts to much pressure on the corners of the rubber causing lines on the glass and destroys the rubber very quickly.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 12:35:32 pm »
I had to bend the clips in slightly otherwise there was no pressure on the edges at all it just acted like a normal squeegee otherwise,I've tried all rubbers in it.

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 01:01:02 pm »
My Liqidator has never given me any trouble. Since I threw it in the bin.

chris turner

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 01:38:06 pm »
My Liqidator has never given me any trouble. Since I threw it in the bin.
;D
Best place for it to be fair, same as the unger-s plus.
Nothing beats a good ol fashioned dog eared squeegee.

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 02:41:16 pm »
I also found the red rubber to be crap , I was really pleased to begin with but then it just started dragging etc I ended up using an ettore black rubber which seems to be fine at the minute

NWH

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 02:52:38 pm »
Dave did you not give it a go,honestly the results were like a child had been drawing on the glass with an invisible pen,dreadful I'm scared to use it now even on shops. I do hardly any traditional but the traditional I do I want to do well if you know what i mean.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 02:54:15 pm »
The frightening thing is you really can't see it straight away as you can with others,I wonder how many other people are doing a terrible job and not realising it until the phone rings.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 03:40:26 pm »
I find with the ettore soft I get near to perfect results with a slightly dog eared squeegee I can cope with a little detailing if it means putting up witht the results from the liquidator,never had such bad results than I have had with that thing.

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2016, 04:18:40 pm »
I'm just glad I have tadghs waffle cloths to hand to buff out any smears 😃

andyM

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2016, 05:00:06 pm »
I have very little patience these days with equipment that doesn't work properly.
The Liquidator Squeegee and Razor Rubbers were disposed of fairly rapidly.  ::)roll
One of the Plebs

ChumBucket

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 05:09:11 pm »
Pulex regular rubber, dog eared wagtail flipper (original format) and Ettore squeegee off work perfectly for me.  ;)

NWH

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 05:15:00 pm »
I have channels that I have dogeared the wagga way and they work perfectly fine but like I say at first glance the liquidator looks like it does a good job on dull or cloudy days,it's when you look back over them you find the problem. I do so little trad work I don't know why I bothered with it anyway TBH if I kept using it to long they'd call me zoro cos that's what the Windows look like afterwards like I've gone over them with a sharp sword.

Dave Willis

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 05:56:28 pm »
I never got on with the razor red to be honest - just wouldn't cut through the soap and seemed to leave trails of moisture on the glass. Liqidator thing was dreadful, absolutely dreadful especially with moerman rubber. It worked better with masses of soap so you could fan the thing.
I actually get on pretty well with th S chanels but you need a fairly small angle to cut out the detailing. Unger rubber hard and soft has been ok, black diamond too. Don't like the wagtail rubber much. Pulex not too bad either.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 06:05:54 pm »
a fellow windy i was chatting to the other day swears by them.he uses razor rubber too in his liquidators.

ive always got good results with unger ergotech squeegees and unger soft rubber so ive not bothered to try the liquidators.
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 06:28:03 pm »
I went from the brass ones years ago to the ergotech ones which I have used since its lasted well over 10yrs easy no adjusting hardly at all,I only changed because they were lighter and if you dropped a brass one it would bend. I can't see anyone getting really good results with them they might be thinking they are like I was.