WGB

Go cardless page on website
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:37:53 pm »
Hello all

Thinking of putting a gocardless page on my website and was looking some ideas, anybody else got it done that I can take a look at?

Thanks Wayne

Rich Wilts

Re: Go cardless page on website
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:52:04 pm »

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 06:55:44 am »
http://www.mmwindowcleaning.co.uk/pay-your-bill.html   info lifted off GC site and Direct Debit site

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 06:55:58 pm »
http://www.oakleywindowcleaning.co.uk/account/

That must be a bugger to sort out who has paid what/when with 5 or so options available to them?

Rich Wilts

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 07:01:57 pm »
Eh? You're confused I think?

What is it you don't understand?

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 07:53:22 pm »
So going by your site they have several option to pay their bill.

Cash
Cheque
GoCardless – Auto-Pay
Stripe - Debit/Credit Cards online payments
By Bank Transfer
PayPal Payment

So my questions is how do you cope with knowing who has paid and when if customers are using those different methods to pay their bills. Confusing to say the least I would have thought?

Rich Wilts

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 08:02:58 pm »
I don't understand why it's confusing. If a cheque arrives through my door it'll have the persons name on it with the amount outstanding written on the cheque and their address on the back of the cheque. If I get paid by BACS there will be an entry in my online bank account with an address reference. If I get paid by GO CARDLESS then there is also an address reference. If it's by PayPal there is a name and address reference.

Why is that confusing?

How do your customers pay you to avoid the 'confusion'?

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 08:22:45 pm »
Maybe all the options they have is confusing me when you only really need three.

Cash
Cheque
Bank transfer

Job done  ;D

timglaze

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2015, 08:43:04 pm »
How can you tell who's paid by cash? Do you write the address on the coins/notes????

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 08:44:22 pm »
How can you tell who's paid by cash? Do you write the address on the coins/notes????

;D ;D ;D

Rich Wilts

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 09:35:08 pm »
Maybe all the options they have is confusing me when you only really need three.

Cash
Cheque
Bank transfer

Job done  ;D

You only need 1. They don't all subscribe to that one though. ;)

As for TimmyzGay there, we don't do cash mate, it's so 20th century.

timglaze

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 10:29:57 pm »
Shocking reply quarterlight

Rich Wilts

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 10:32:19 pm »
Shocking opener Timothy.

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 10:33:13 pm »

Cash
Cheque
Bank transfer

Job done  ;D

There will always be people that want to pay by good old fashioned cash  ::)roll

Go cardless is just a Direct debit company so I for one would not like money taken out of my bank monthly on DD for  a window cleaning service especialy if it was for an 8 weekly service.... Call me old fashioned if you like. ;D

The point I'm trying to make go cardless seems an inflexable means to pay your bills for services offered

kempy

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 10:44:06 pm »
Impressive website .
Good to offer so many methods of payment.
Plus a customer will use the same type all the tine

Mike #1

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 07:11:16 am »
GoCardless inflexable How  ??? ???

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 01:13:24 pm »
I just signed up as a test and to be honest from what I have seen it is a shocking app.

Not only that if customers have a joint bank account that requires two signitures and ticks the box they will be sent a dd mandate to print, fill in then either post back or scan and email to gocardless before any payments are approved.  Yer right I can see that happening as most people would not be arsed surley?

Anyway the icing on the cake is that it seems you can't even delete customers or your own account from the dashboard to stop using their service.  Still I will have a play a bit more to see what all the fuss is about.

What do you guys using gocardless really think of the app or is it just me  ???

Rich Wilts

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 01:20:01 pm »
I don't know where you get those ideas from. It's as simple as abc signing customers up.

I deduce in answer to your question, yes it's you.

Smurf

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 01:31:20 pm »
 It's as clear as mud to me mind you I'm a thick paddy  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 01:40:43 pm »
Regarding athorisation/signup what the customers fill in if they tick the box they will get this email that I was on about that you  are  probably not aware of if you have not tested it yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You indicated that multiple signatures are required to authorise Direct Debit payments from your bank account.

To complete the payment process, please add all necessary signatures to the attached mandate form and email a scanned copy to help@gocardless.com.

Alternatively, you can post the printed copy to:

GoCardless Ltd
338-346 Goswell Road
London, EC1V 7LQ

If you have a joint bank account but you are authorised to set up Direct Debit payments without additional signatures, you don't need to fill in the attached mandate. Please just reply to this email to let us know.

GoCardless processes Direct Debit payments on behalf of ********.

GoCardless is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Authorised Payment Institution.

:-*

Smurf

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 02:49:37 pm »
Now they want a copy of a bank statement uploaded to verify the account. Oh what a palaver  ;D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're one step away from receiving payments into your new bank account
Your *********** account with account number ending ******** has been added, but we'll need to verify the account before we can pay funds out to you.

To start receiving payouts, please upload a scan of a recent bank statement for this account securely via your dashboard.

The scan should show the account holder name, account number and sort code. If this is a new bank account and you don't yet have any bank statements, you can upload a scan of a confirmation of account opening from your bank.

If you do not recognise this change, or if you need any help verifying the bank account, please reply to this email or call us on 020 7183 8674.

Kind regards,

The GoCardless Team

GoCardless Ltd, 338-346 Goswell Road, London, EC1V 7LQ, 020 7183 8674

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 04:04:25 pm »
The UK GoCardless service is brilliant - its well worth the hassle of setting it up.

I just wish the Irish service was the same,.. but for a supposedly "Europe Wide" service it has some serious issues outside the UK - especially with billing in sterling & transferring to a €uro bank account.

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 04:24:11 pm »

Cash
Cheque
Bank transfer

Job done  ;D

A. Who is Timmy ?
B. Is he really?
C. Does his mum know?

Rich Wilts

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 04:34:07 pm »
A. God knows.
B. Yes
C. You bet

;D

timglaze

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 05:03:46 pm »
I'm getting some right stick here and to think I actually joined in on a joke supporting quarterlight!!

A. God does know
B. No
C. You wish

Rich Wilts

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2015, 05:30:35 pm »
lol

man up ya big poofta, being gay doesn't mean being a light weight  ;D

timglaze

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2015, 07:55:10 pm »
We seem to have gone off topic here, let's start a thread for yo mama insults???

GoCardless is great and its the best thing I've implemented into my business, to be able to come home after a day and click to collect payment on 30+ customers and then know the funds will be in my account by the next week is very satisfying.

Quarter light, let's kiss and make up (no homo!)

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2015, 08:16:05 pm »
What happens if you have done the work and they decide to cancel the payment request which they can at anytime through their dashboard?

Or it don't go through for whatever reason?

What happens then?

timglaze

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2015, 09:02:36 pm »
I haven't had it happen yet but if they cancel then you ask them why they cancelled. It's only the same as someone not sending a cheque or not paying via BACS at least with this system you know they're not happy with something and it's not just that they've forgotten to pay.

You mentioned earlier that it's a monthly DD but it's not, you only bill them when you've completed the clean, so if they're 8 weekly, then they only get billed every 8 weeks.

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2015, 09:19:44 pm »
I've delved in a little deeper to how it works only after creating a test account.

To be honest their main site is very misleading as to what gocardless can actually do and the vid on the site is not very clear either as mentions monthly payment only with payment plans which could put a lot of ppl off offering services

https://gocardless.com/features/
" They will be billed every month"

timglaze

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 09:29:57 pm »

You can set up payment plans at whatever frequency you like or just collect it manually or even link to cleaner planner to collect when you do the clean.

Smurf

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2015, 10:59:39 pm »
Yes I know that now after finding out myself how it works with no thanks to gocardless  ;D

I've watched a few vids on the founders speaking about startups  too "build what ppl want" was mentioned  a few times but they seem to be lacking in actually showing how the system works in detail on their site so ppl can make an educated choice beforehand if it's suitable for the type of business they operate.

I think I will send them an email as they are obviously not aware of the huge potential they are missing out on from the likes of the service industry sectors as their marketing is very poor. ::)roll

Mike #1

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2015, 07:02:00 am »
What happens if you have done the work and they decide to cancel the payment request which they can at anytime through their dashboard?

Or it don't go through for whatever reason?

What happens then?

Then their is a good chance they going to rip you off , Even after a payment has been collected via GC they can request a charge back .  But someone pay cash etc could just as easily rip you off .