M FORBES LTD

on the question of the law and ladders
« on: November 14, 2005, 10:18:08 pm »
<a href="http://" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://</a>
If i fall off a ladder and kill my self (hope not) but say it happens then will my
life insurance pay my wife , or will they say that a safer method was available
so you were taking a risk beond the cover we offer therefore NO MONEY??????????????????????????????????????????????

Or  will my liability cover me if i drop my squgee on the bonnet of a aston martin causing £1000 damage say, could they say you could have used a safer form of cleaning equipment????????

Re: on the question of the law and ladders
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 10:29:31 pm »
You're asking a couple of different questions here, but on the question of your life insurance; if you die; it will pay out.

If you've had the life insurance for over a year and commit suicide; it should still pay out.  Less than a year, then your company will be looking for evidence of you having phsycological problems.  IE, have you been to see your doctor to tell him you're suicidal.  If you have, it should still pay out.

So with accidentally falling off a ladder and dying; you should have no problem, since you never did it on purpose like the other scenarios.

mattstanley

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 10:48:20 pm »
Just been arranging some life insurance today and, when they found out I was a window cleaner, they asked if I regularly worked at more than 40 feet high - I don't ever, so it was not an issue for them.

Don't know whether that helps at all  :-\

steve massey

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 10:56:40 pm »
Hi,

My insurance covers me for damage of any goods or property but their is a exess to pay of £500. We have our policy with AXA.  The policy covers me for daily office cleaning and window cleaning it also includes employers liability and stolen equipment.

dai

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 07:57:04 pm »
AXA have just dumped me after 12 years. They may still do third party liability but won't cover W/C's for personel accidents at work.
Can anyone tell me of a safer allternative to using ladders for cleaning above the vents, and windows with electric fans mounted in them? DAI