spencer davies

Wonder Wand
« on: January 17, 2008, 04:26:49 pm »
Just took delivery of a wonder wand, the drying times are amazing, I used it today with one of our Speedster machines, even after owning a Scorpion, I am surprised by the water recovery.

I usually take info supplied by manufacturers with a pinch of salt, but this one is true.

:)

S

Joe H

Re: Wonder Wand
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 04:33:35 pm »
Spencer, today I tried again the 2 jet wand I bought with the Scorpion you sold.
Did my best and persevered, but half way through I changed it for my Wonderwand.
Good bit of kit!  Certainly worth the money (as prices go these days).

spencer davies

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 04:45:10 pm »
Superb bit of kit, the wand that comes with the Scorpion is a bit...... flimsy, it is not as good as the Speedster standard wand, and certainly not the wonder wand.

S

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 05:48:43 pm »
off your topic slightly Spencer,

but why have you changed from scorpion to speedster?
I was under the assuption scorpion were the b*llocks

I have heard good and not so good regarding wonderwand, yet to try myself

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 05:59:52 pm »

After you tried the Wonderwand, you need to try the Wonderwand and Scorpion together.
I got v.good results with the CFR500 Perfect Heat and Wonderwand but now....

spencer davies

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 06:04:28 pm »
The wand that went with the Scorpion that I sold isn't too good, as Joe referred to it, I passed comment.

Considering how much the Scorpion cost, I was surprised that the wand supplied with it was a bit disappointing.

S

mark shannon

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 08:42:29 pm »
How much is a wonder wand/

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 08:43:59 pm »
The wonderwand is a bit special and is unique so 'that' supplier can't replicate it, I had a WW but with my TM it kept locking onto the carpet but it is an excellent wand.

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 10:24:06 pm »
Mark - its about £480 inc vat.
Amtech UK main distributor
Got mine from that very nice man in Nottingham - Matt at Cleansmart when I bought my CFR500
Its in their websites if you want to take a look.

Spencer, the Scorpion is now sold as a base machine, you buy the hoses and wand, hand tool as extras. Probably Solutions put a package together for you.
Thats exactly the deal I had with Matt at Cleansmart when I obught the CFR, the bits were add ons and I could have sourced them elsewhere if I wanted.
So glad I got the Wonderwand, and thats why now I am selling the CFR50 without a wand - dont want to part with the W/Wand!  Probably add the 2 jet wand to complete the set up.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 07:41:41 am »
I thought the Scorpion had 2inch hoses , what size hose does wonder wand take.

Reason I ask is looking for new equipment,

and do not want to get new toys and then be disatisfied.

stevegunn

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 08:07:23 am »
The price of the scorpion with wand,tanks,booster and hoses.No heater

£4,254.14  :o :o + vat

Spencer have you not got the scorpion now?

mark shannon

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 08:45:35 am »
scorpion base unit only no tools

£2350  300psi +VAT

£2450 500psi+VAT

I RUN A CROSS AMERICAN RECOIL WHICH IS AN EXCELLENT IF EXTREMELY NOISY MACHINE.  SO EVEN AT THESE PRICES I WOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER THE SCORPION OPTION WHEN ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 08:53:11 am »
Ian,
the original spec for the Scorpion was 1.5"
Now you can have a Scorpion with 2" which Ibelieve increases performance a lot.
Dont know if 2" is the standard or not but you can have 1.5" still.
But dont a lot of the guys reduce down to 1.5" for the last 10'-15' ?

Re your other point, agree its a lot of money then you find you don't like (interesting more then a few have ordered this "new" wand from America shown on here a few days ago - hope they are not disappointed).
Matt at Cleansmart, Nottingham, allows you to try for a week and return if not happy. Have a go.

Steve, thats a lot of kit - I assume you put a truck mount version together, but even its still got portable versatility.
Prices for a good base machine portable.
Base machine is £2350 +vat
Wonderwand  £420 + vat
50' hose set say  £250 + vat
Total £3020 + vat

Still a lot of money - but ar'nt they all too much.

stevegunn

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 10:12:23 am »
Joe

The wands from the US have come recommended by a few t/m's who already have them.

The package was with tanks,booster and 100 ft hoses as quite a few are running them from their vans so yes it was a comprehensive kit.Prowler is only a little more expensive and its portable if need be.

Joe H

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 11:10:37 am »
Yes, I like the looks of the Prowler, as I said before if I were a few years younger.......

Have you had a Wonderwand ?

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 11:17:14 am »
Steve does that come with tanks hoses booster and wand then?

richie

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 11:27:33 am »
I cant understand why anyone would spend near £4500.00 for a Scorpion with all the tanks, hoses and so on ??? 

As already stated you could get more performance from a prowler WITH HEAT for a little extra or a PROPER HWE machine ;D like a HM Spitfire 3.2 for extra £3000.  Yes £3000 is alot of money but look at it in terms of reliability, build quality, power plus it will last years longer before it needed replacing.

Richie.

garyj

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 11:34:03 am »
The price of the scorpion with wand,tanks,booster and hoses.No heater

£4,254.14  :o :o + vat

Spencer have you not got the scorpion now?

Joe

The wands from the US have come recommended by a few t/m's who already have them.

The package was with tanks,booster and 100 ft hoses as quite a few are running them from their vans so yes it was a comprehensive kit.Prowler is only a little more expensive and its portable if need be.

That is an unfair comparison, and as the Prowler is 40% more expensive it's hardly " a little more". The Scorpion is portable as well.

To save any confusion, I don't want either machine and am happy with my Ninja.

Thought this thread was about the WW ???

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 01:28:36 pm »
Yes it is abpoy wonder wand

But I was thinking if you had the Scorpion reduced to 1.5 for last 15 feet would you not be defeating objective of Johns 2 inch hose  design.

Reason I ask is matt has what looks like a good offer with wonder wand and perfect heat and as wonder wand leaves dry do you need three vacs

But the question is which leaves carpet cleaner

Scorpian , Ninja with steam,  or perfect heat .  All with Wonder WAND?

My vans too small for a prowler

Joe H

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 01:44:47 pm »
Ian - Dont know about the Wonderwand leaving the carpet dry - the advert I just seen says....

CFR Wonder Wand
The patented Wonder Wand leaves carpets up to 30% drier than conventional wands.
Even inexperienced operators can clean at high pressures of up to 1000 psi - without over-wetting. In fact with far faster drying times than you ever thought possible with a wet cleaning system.
This wand reduces operator fatigue, gives you better cleaning results, and much faster drying times than your conventional wand - guaranteed.
We're so confident you'll love the Wonder Wand that we're happy for you to try it for 7 days - if you don't like it, just send it back.

So up to 30% drier.
So maybe 3 vacs will be better then 2.

As for the machines - not had a Ninja so cant/wont comment.
Ive had a CFR500 Pro Perfect Heat (now for sale) as I have the Scorpion.
CFR500 Pro is a mighty fine machine and I was satisfied with "dryness" of the carpets,but you always want better and I think the Scorpion is slightly better at the job - how much better I dont know.

Darren O

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 01:57:40 pm »
Joe how good is the wonder wand at actually cleaning carpets does it rinse the carpet as good as a conventional wand.I was thinking of getting a vac booster for my raptor never thought to much about the wonder wand.Also could you use it with 2x3 stage vacs at 75ft and still get good drying times.cheers Darren

stevegunn

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 02:13:43 pm »
Steve does that come with tanks hoses booster and wand then?

Comes with hoses and wand but no tank only £144 for 400ltr.

Sorry to steer away from the wonder wand but when thw ww got mentioned teamed up with the scorpion thought I would compare the price v performance.As Shaun said the ww locked when used with t/m but seems to work fine with portable.

John Kelly

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 02:22:02 pm »

Comes with hoses and wand but no tank only £144 for 400ltr.

As well as the wand and hoses, The Prowler price now includes a tank.  Customers can choose any size from our range but usually choose 250, 400 or 650 Litres!

Lynn

spencer davies

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 03:41:00 pm »
Hello Steve,

I sold my Scorpion to Joe Hatton, I will be taking a trip to Hydramaster in the spring, at the moment we are using two Speedsters with the wonderwand, really pleased with the results.

S

Joe H

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 04:45:30 pm »
Joe how good is the wonder wand at actually cleaning carpets does it rinse the carpet as good as a conventional wand.I was thinking of getting a vac booster for my raptor never thought to much about the wonder wand.Also could you use it with 2x3 stage vacs at 75ft and still get good drying times.cheers Darren

Hi Darren, can only give you info on what i have done.
Have used the Wonderwand with the CFR500 Pro, which is a 2x2stage vac, 500psi at 50 foot and it was ok
Used it with the Scorpion which is 3x3stage vac, 300psi at 75 foot and that was ok too.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 05:10:52 pm »
John can I have a Sherman Tank?

The ww is slower at cleaning but it's a bit like a drag wand but without the heavy weight, in alot of cases it only needs 1 pass and IMO it is very well made but I don't think it would be any good for a Prowler as it doesn't seem to move water quick enough (CFR pumps has high psi but only 1 gallon a min).

Shaun

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 06:15:20 pm »
John can I have a Sherman Tank?

The ww is slower at cleaning but it's a bit like a drag wand but without the heavy weight, in alot of cases it only needs 1 pass and IMO it is very well made but I don't think it would be any good for a Prowler as it doesn't seem to move water quick enough (CFR pumps has high psi but only 1 gallon a min).

Shaun

Why wouldn't you change the jets to higher flow?
The way I see it, the only purpose for a CFR pump to have higher pressure is to convert that potential to higher flow, 300 psi at 1.25 gpm will out clean 500 psi at .75 gpm every day, and probably be drier when all is said and done from the single one pass flushing stroke.

*paul_moss

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2008, 06:25:32 pm »
Jeff I dont think you would have enough suction with the CFR to do this. With a truckmount having a large blower you need larger jets to flush more water through and give more vac pick up,hence drier carpet.
I think thats how it works. You would prob explain it better than me  ;)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2008, 08:37:08 pm »
I did put larger jets on my WW and it cleaned loads better but if you don't get the angle of the wand head just right it didn't get the vacuum, you do have to have a good and constant wand technique (your GG have mad us more productive and a bit lazy ;D)

Shaun