james roffey

Magma Inline heater
« on: December 15, 2010, 08:26:14 pm »
Decided to finally get an inline heater for my Airflex, so i have ordered the Magma from Cleansmart £ 500 + vat its the only thing i miss from when i had my first machine the Ninja.
i have got by without it but feel that hotter water at the wand will make a difference, the cold weather recently has meant that even hot water in the tank is cold very quickly, that plus the increase in vat in the new year even if its only saving a few quid.

Joe H

Re: Magma Inline heater
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:02:55 pm »
Tip - the less pressure, the more heat

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 11:27:16 pm »
was going to buy prochem heat n run going down to test 1 tomorrow... have you only been using hot water from the tap?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 12:35:14 am »
The prochem heat and run is a very poor heater IMO. Dont waste your money

Ajpick

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 12:45:43 am »
Magma top bit of kit, good buy mine has never let me down very pleased with it.

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 12:54:48 am »
is it really that bad... met a guy the other day he said the heat was awesome?? why do you not like it?

Colin Day

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 08:07:28 am »
Can I ask only those who have experienced both, is the water a lot hotter from an in line heater than from a solution tank fitted with a 3Kw heater at 400 psi?

Also, how do you overcome tripping electrics when running a triple vac?

james roffey

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 08:21:00 am »
Yes i usually put as hot a water as i can get from customers tap, but in this weather its cold very quickly.
The 3kw heater plus triple vac/and pump must use a lot of juice i have wondered about tripping fuses myself, i usually plug one into kitchen ring main and one nearest the door to avoid this but know i will plug the heater into kitchen ring as i think it will use the most.

Linds Russell

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 08:48:17 am »
Can I ask only those who have experienced both, is the water a lot hotter from an in line heater than from a solution tank fitted with a 3Kw heater at 400 psi?

If you're on a job with a 50 litre tank of water, you'll need to wait around an hour for the element to heat the water up, whereas with the inline heater set up, you have hot water instantly.
Linds

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 09:03:34 am »
same as me sir thats what I have been doing just filling up at the mains... but feel i need a inline heater

Mike_Roper

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 09:13:45 am »
At first with inline heater it seems a faff tll you get used to it. Best idea s to have a 25ft & 50ft solution hose ,as you dont always want heater next to machine. Infact due to having 3 plugs to use you'll find one easier away from machinenear where your working for the heater.
Mike

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 09:17:57 am »

If you're on a job with a 50 litre tank of water, you'll need to wait around an hour for the element to heat the water up, whereas with the inline heater set up, you have hot water instantly.

20 minutes tops on a Ninja - doesn't hold 50 litres though

BDCS

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 05:39:54 pm »
I only clean carpets on average about once or twice a month and have a steampro. I have had several heat n go's and they are pants, last me about 18 months and can't be serviced. Prochem said I need to use f&f rinse to stop any scale forming in the heater. I used the last one on Monday and no heat so Tues morn I brought it indoors, plugged it in and a few seconds later it went bang and the elecs went off. I've ordered a magna this time

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 12:42:02 am »
Tip - the less pressure, the more heat
How will less pressure equal more heat
Less water flow equal more heat
If you have had a machine without a heater normally your jets will be 11003  X  2 giving you an 06
reduce your jets to 11015 X 3 this will increase the pressure and give you less water flow, which will give you more heat.

Goldfinch PCS

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 12:50:00 pm »
Don't buy a heat 'n' run. I have two both are pants total crap and don't work. Prochem want t bomb to fix them. They can be repaired prochem just don't want anyone doing it.

Take some advice and run from the heat 'n'run.

I am getting one off ashbys in january.
Goldfinch PCS
0800 612 9244
LTT PROmite(Altec) Member of - IICRC
www.goldfinchpcs.co.uk

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 05:20:05 pm »
The 3kw heater plus triple vac/and pump must use a lot of juice i have wondered about tripping fuses myself,

You'll need to have:
2 vacs running off 1 plug,
1 pump and 1 vac off another plug,
3kw heater from another plug.
Trust me I very nearly cocked up big style by running heater and 2 vacs from the same socket.

bcc

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 02:11:55 pm »
I agree the thermostat went on my heat and run, prochem told me its cheeper to buy a new one, I'm trying to modify with a simerstat, will let you know if it works

M.Acorn

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 03:02:49 pm »
My heat and run has just started peeing out from the short pipe,the brass bit that the short pipe connects to has broken down
What goes around comes around

clinton

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 03:07:08 pm »
They are just not worth repairing mate when they do go wrong

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 03:18:52 pm »
so if they inline heaters basically dont work whats the key to hot water...???

Adam Fearnley

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2010, 03:23:47 pm »
get an inline kettle  :-*

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2010, 03:26:12 pm »
old fashioned hot water tap  ;D

M.Acorn

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2010, 04:18:10 pm »
I def won`t be replacing with a Prochem again,this is my 2nd,in 7 years,the last one is prob just out of warranty too,going to see it a can cut the thread down a bit,it`s leaking because part of the thread has broken off,so the nipple inside the swivel is not sealing it properly,it was a little trickle to start with,but that has escalated to about a pint out of every 40ltrs i put in machine  ::)

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2010, 04:30:41 pm »
those heaters seam more hassle than there worth

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2010, 04:35:06 pm »
Mark you can fix these easy when they split there new thread silver solder to the old one.
If you want any advice on it let me know will go through it with you on the phone. cost to repair under a fiver
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

M.Acorn

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 05:47:11 pm »
It`s just very top,prob 1 thread thickness ,like if you had put needle nose pliers on it an nipped a little chunk out ,was just going to try and either file it flat,or hacksaw it flat,gotta be really careful though,as i know it`s just a short bit of copper pipe that goes into the jacket,very fragile,the last 1 was leaking from the water container bit last time,the travelling up the inside to the electrics.
I did hear talk about another in line that was supposed to be good