markmontgomery

tanks system or trolley???
« on: January 28, 2008, 11:20:53 pm »
Hi peeps

I have a renault kangoo (600 kg pay load) and just starting out

Would you advise a trolley system or van mount system?

I see that purefreedom do a trolley system for 1k.Could i get a van system for this amount and wont it be better dragging hose rather than dragging a trolley about.And for the jobs that i cant get my van anywhere near, get a backpack???

If i was to get a van system what would i need if i did it diy and what size tank could i fit in my van?

Many thanks

Mark

matt

Re: tanks system or trolley???
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:45:32 pm »
i started out in a a estate car with my DIY trolley

i now have a van and still use the trolley, the only reason is, i park my van at the start of the day and only return to it to get a new 25 L drum of water, i dont have trailing hoses etc etc

<------------ e.mail me for a link to the DIY forum, a DIY system can cost you around 500 quid

markmontgomery

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 11:53:40 pm »
Hi matt

Thanks for reply, I registered the diy site yesterday im still waiting for you to activate my account.

thanks

matt

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 12:02:38 am »
now activated ;)

s.w.c

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 12:05:45 am »
i also a user of the freedom trolley i use to have a van system sold the van so i bought the trolley to use out of my estate car till i sorted a van out, but since use in the freedom trolley i find it suits my round better than the van system and when new van get brought I'm still staying with the trolley.

markmontgomery

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 12:23:55 am »
Cheers matt i will have a look now, if i went for the tank system what size tank would i fit in my kangoo?

Mark

markmontgomery

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 12:27:04 am »
Thanks for reply smithys, is it not time consuming keep changing the tanks with the trolley system rather than getting a constant flow all day with the tank system?

Mark

geefree

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 12:45:20 am »
when i first started last year i used a backpack, and lots of 25l containers... what a pain that was!... i have van mount now and its so very much easier and quicker, and there are no houses i cant get to..... i mean if you can drag a trolley to it surely you can drag a hose,... simply get them safety signs out.

Gary

markmontgomery

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 12:48:27 am »
Cheers gary,

were did you get your gear from? did you buy it complete or did you do it yourself?
How much am i looking at?

Mark

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 12:51:39 am »
i started on a trolley but found it difficult changing barrels and annoying priming the pump, i think its much easier out of a van mount, no running out of water or changing barrels, and its easier pulling out a hose and reeling it in i find. I would still use a trolley, keeping it in the back for some houses, but it does get annoying changing the barrels as they run out quick. Both would be good if you could have a trolley in the back with a van mount it would be much quicker and easier to fill up the trolley again.

steve m

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 07:14:36 am »
look at your round first, can you park outside most of the houses you clean?. If you have to park five hundred yards up the road then buy a trolly, if its outside, get a van mount

Sanity

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 08:52:20 am »
Trailing hoses = litigation risk (some dumbass will trip on them and sue...)

Trolley = place in custys garden, no trailing hoses, and if someone trips on the hose, the property owner is liable :)

steve m

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 09:59:27 am »
got that wrong I think, check the revised H+S regs.  Trailing hoses means two caution signs, trolly system means an estate full of twenty five litre continers, running out of water half way through the back garden, 3/4 hour filling 25ltr containers and a bad back lifting them in and out all the time. So thirteen pound on the signs to stop you getting taken to court or £40.00 per hour for the man to put your back into place

Sanity

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 10:27:11 am »
true.  Although I have to justify my 1500 spend somehow to my wife :D

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 12:19:00 pm »
if you are fortunate enough to live in a soft water area like me..in glasgow.....then a backpack on a trolley and a 4.9 litre di vessel on the same trolley works a treat.....no  trailing hoses (just your hose from backpack).......dont need to go back to van all the time as i have the di vessel on the trolley......just fill up at the custies house (clean a window or two while its filling)....and most of my custies have outside taps.....very fortunate.......i have a van mount for commercial work, and have two backpack systems....3 if i use the van mount pump on a trolley as well....but dont really need to....so all in all it works for me.....but i know that others have their own way of doing it, and if it works for them then thats all that counts.....cant argue with preference.

markmontgomery

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 12:33:38 pm »
Thanks gys for all your replys, very helpful.
I think im going to go for the tank system and maybe get a back pack for the houses that i cant get near with my van.Im going down the diy road, could you guys advise websites were to get all my gear from?? cheapest way possible  ;)

Many thanks

Mark

jampot

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 01:07:21 pm »
hiya mate i was in the same boat as you,
ive got a 250l tank in the back of my vauxhall combo and ive got a trolley system. what i do is connect my trolley up to the tank then i have it going to the hose and out. i had a trolley to start but its a pain to get it in and out all the time.
i carry couple off 25l water butts but dont use themmuch. i much prefure using it as a van system. but you get  the best of both  ;)

jampot

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 01:08:47 pm »
i will post sum pics of my set up when the misses gets home. (cant find the camrea)  ::)

markmontgomery

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 02:52:22 pm »
Thanks for reply mate, i would appreciate the pics thanks alot...Did you do it diy or get it fitted?

Many thanks

tonylee

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 03:35:44 pm »
where in the uk are you.
i started with a freedom trolley and after 15 months changed to a van mount. got sick of humping barrels
tony