This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davie T

Re: tanks system or trolley???
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 03:41:20 pm »
Van system is recommended and use a backpack for problem access etc.  Physically easier on you and quicker - stop outside, switch pump on, drag hose to working area and off you go. 
Also recommended is a varistream.

alanwilson

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 04:04:49 pm »
yeah thats what we do - both vans are fitted out with tanks etc but each van has a backpack, tried the trolleys to start with but both the backpacks and van systems we find are much better although it does depend on your work.

no way I'd go for a trolley on its own though
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

markmontgomery

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 04:41:13 pm »
Im from just outside manchester tony. :)

tonylee

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 04:59:43 pm »
no worries. if you had of been more local i could of shown you my van set up.
got it all from the window cleaning warehouse.
tony

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 05:05:07 pm »
I've done van mount,. trolley, and backpack.  Let's just say that the backpack and trolley have spent the past year or so hiding in the back of my garage.  Speaks for itself really I suppose.  I would dig them out again if my van was off road for a while as I could get hold of a smaller van and work with barrels and trolley.  I would hate doing it but the backup is there if I ever need it.

markmontgomery

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 05:14:15 pm »
Thanks anyway tony, Could you send me a pic if poss?

Thanks

geefree

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 05:18:11 pm »
Cheers gary,

were did you get your gear from? did you buy it complete or did you do it yourself?
How much am i looking at?

Mark

Hi Mark, i used the pump out of a backpack, bought a second hand 250 litre tank.. £65... a decent hose reel, a 110 leisure battery... £20  ebay... connected it all up and away i went... microbore hose

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/30-Meter-Role-6mm-Reinforced-Microbore-Hose_W0QQitemZ230159581605QQihZ013QQcategoryZ112579QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

two of those joined them up and job done.

Gary

dai

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 05:22:52 pm »
It's each to his own and his round on this one. I use a DIY trolley system with a 25 metre hose reel mounted on it. I place the trolley in the front and drag off the hose to do the backs.
My trolley carries 2 x 25 litre containers and that lasts a while. I just change containers as required and go through 8 to 10 a day. I do have a very compact round, and like Matt I don't have to keep moving the van.
Filling containers was a pain until I bought 20 of them, my Mrs fills the empty ones while I'm out working. When I come home I just replace the empties with full ones for the next day.
I do have a backpack for the few stand alone jobs I do. Dai

s.w.c

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 05:51:15 pm »
as it was said earlier look at your round parking how many times you have to move the van etc, i started off with a van system and a backpack, found it used to wind me up keep reeling in an out getting hose snagged up finding have to move van to many times, so i tried the trolley don't have to move motor i suppose its a chore change in drums i don't think about it i would rather change drums than keep reeling in hose an out move in the van a few hundred feet to next jobs and in some case on some estates i do i had to park the van on grass between rows of houses get in up the curbs didn't do the van much good i even had 100m of micro bore but still moved about to much, some rounds will suit a van some suit a trolley, my advise would be to buy a trolley use it mobile and use it to power a van system so that way you have the best of both worlds, but still get back pack there handy and some points even the trolley cant get too.

markmontgomery

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 11:12:40 pm »
Thanks for the link gary.  :)

Smithys, ive not got a round yet im a complete beginner...im just wantin opinions before i start up.

Many thanks

geefree

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2008, 12:46:51 am »
get out there and do it..... i walked out  on a cushy job, brand new car every 2 years....  manager on my case, deadlines to meet, percentages to uphold month in month out...

best move i ever made  ;)

steve m

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2008, 06:04:12 pm »
if you havent got a round then look at where you want your round to be. I started trad so mine was a little different, but I ended up in a totally different town to where I wanted to be, no access to back gardens, so over the garage. Definitelr wouldnt want to do that with a trolly. I now park up and can just about do six houses without moving the van

Londoner

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008, 08:05:19 pm »
You can use a trolly as a vanmount. Thats more or less what I am doing at the moment. I bought my new van last week and haven't fitted it out yet so 90% of the time the trolly ( home made two years ago) stays in the van and operates from there. 

markmontgomery

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2008, 10:24:48 pm »
Vince, do you keep your trolley inside your van with 25l tank and keep changing them or do you run your trolley through a bigger tank in your van?

Mark

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008, 11:17:37 pm »
Vince, do you keep your trolley inside your van with 25l tank and keep changing them or do you run your trolley through a bigger tank in your van?

Mark

well im not Vince but i do that and its an absolute pain changing barrels in the van....

Londoner

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2008, 07:46:36 am »
Thats what I am doing at the moment but its not ideal. I'm going to order a tank next week but the trouble is finding the time to fit it. I have already bought a second pump and varistream but now my mind is working along the lines of using  the trolly as a base station which will stay in the van but could come out and be used on its own if the job demands. I'm not sure yet