jeff1

Gutter Lance Questions
« on: September 30, 2007, 05:53:18 pm »
Next month I order my 7.3m Lance along with the gutter attachment and a set of 5 nozzles, and a belt for this whimp to put the lance in ;D

The question I need to know the answer to are as follows:-
when doing the soffits, do you do it by brush and pole? or do you use the lance, I would have thought this could cause a lot of problems if you used the Lance.

Does the lance have a pressure adjuster on it, If not, how do you go about clleaning the gutters out, without blowing all the c**p into the propertys 6 doors away?

Also when cleaning out the guttering do you have to take extra care as not to blast water up under the tiles?

Thanks for any replies, Don't want to look a proper nobhead on my first Job.

supernova77

Re: Gutter Lance Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 06:20:18 pm »
when doing the soffits, do you do it by brush and pole? or do you use the lance, I would have thought this could cause a lot of problems if you used the Lance.

I use wfp for the fascias and soffits... Just plug the pole into a normal hose and do it that way so that I don't waste any pure water. You need to use the brush as you will need to scrub at some of the more stubborn stains.

Does the lance have a pressure adjuster on it, If not, how do you go about clleaning the gutters out, without blowing all the c**p into the propertys 6 doors away?

You just have to be controlled... It's a bit difficult at first, but you get the knack of it after a while... I blast all the solid muck out and then wash the rest down the downpipes.

Also when cleaning out the guttering do you have to take extra care as not to blast water up under the tiles?

This has never been a problem.

You will probably look like a nobhead on the first few jobs :)

I've actually got 3 guttering jobs booked in for this week (mon, tue & wed), I'll be using the lance on all of them... I'll take some pictures as I go and post them on here.

Andy

Kwackers

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 06:25:38 pm »
Will be interested to see a step by step guide of you painting the next door neighbours porch with algae, moss etc ;D

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 06:48:02 pm »

I use wfp for the fascias and soffits... Just plug the pole into a normal hose and do it that way so that I don't waste any pure water. You need to use the brush as you will need to scrub at some of the more stubborn stains.

You just have to be controlled... It's a bit difficult at first, but you get the knack of it after a while... I blast all the solid muck out and then wash the rest down the downpipes.

This has never been a problem.

You will probably look like a nobhead on the first few jobs :)

I've actually got 3 guttering jobs booked in for this week (mon, tue & wed), I'll be using the lance on all of them... I'll take some pictures as I go and post them on here.

Andy
Thanks for the tips Andy  ;)
Next month I have 5 Jobs in the same road to do, one of them has a glass leanto at the back, so I think I ought to practice on family first, at least with a little practice I will only look like a slap head and not a nobhead ;D
Pictures would be good if you can  ;)

matt

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 08:05:35 pm »
im ordering the setup this month aswell, ive put it off for a few months ( other things to spend my money on )

ive put off 1 job since last Xmas, i did the house last week, they asked me again, so i did the front with my spare brush and water, they came up a treat, i was happy with the job, the lady of the house said they looked great, im still to call to get paid for the front, i will know if the guy is happy then

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 08:23:28 pm »
im ordering the setup this month aswell, ive put it off for a few months ( other things to spend my money on )

ive put off 1 job since last Xmas, i did the house last week, they asked me again, so i did the front with my spare brush and water, they came up a treat, i was happy with the job, the lady of the house said they looked great, im still to call to get paid for the front, i will know if the guy is happy then
I bought my petrol pressure washer last week, so now its the lance's turn. ;D

need a cleaner

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 11:12:04 pm »
i need to order a new hose, as the1 that come with the pressure washer dsnt fit the lance :'(

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 11:36:14 pm »
i need to order a new hose, as the1 that come with the pressure washer dsnt fit the lance :'(
you can buy the adaptor on northerntools site?

need a cleaner

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 09:36:46 am »
no, im guessing i'm going have to buy a new hose :'(

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 02:00:49 pm »
no, im guessing i'm going have to buy a new hose :'(
I'm only guessing here, but would this work??

http://www.northerntooluk.com/products.asp?partno=313107E&allpartno=YES

If not ask northerntool about it, they may have adaptors to fit in stock?

need a cleaner

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 03:20:10 pm »
NO I TRY TO CALL THEM BUT THEY DONT HAVE ANY THAT WOULD FIT THE CONNECTION I HAVE, SO I TRIED THE SUPPLIERS AROUND ME BUT NO LUCK, IN THE END I DECIDED TO JUST ORDER A NEW HOSE FROM THEM.

ooops sorry for caps

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 03:29:33 pm »
NO I TRY TO CALL THEM BUT THEY DONT HAVE ANY THAT WOULD FIT THE CONNECTION I HAVE, SO I TRIED THE SUPPLIERS AROUND ME BUT NO LUCK, IN THE END I DECIDED TO JUST ORDER A NEW HOSE FROM THEM.

ooops sorry for caps
Ah! Well, worth a shot :)

How much for the new Hose then??

need a cleaner

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 04:09:53 pm »
£26 with next day delivery, so tomorrow i should be able top try the new toy ;D

jeff1

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 04:31:17 pm »
Hey Hugo
Take a piccy of your connector, I don't want to fall at the first fence and have to wait for a new hose, I want to get straight out there and play with my new Toy ;D ;D

supernova77

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 04:59:23 pm »
As promised here are a few pics of me gutter cleaning over the last few days using my lance:

:)

Andy

jeff1

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 05:10:25 pm »
Thanks Andy, it looks good, can't wait to try mine now? my new toy arrived today, the lance, gutter tool and the pack of five nozzles, stuck it all together to see what it was like?

I couldn't start my pressure washer because the geezer next door works night ::) So I just connected it to the pressure washer and turned on the tap, just to make sure there were no leaks, I was amazed at the pressure coming out of the nozzles with out the pressure washer not being turned on, so I tried all the nozzles to see what different paterns they were.

Do you use the low pressure one for cleaning out the gutering, and what one do you use to clean the external parts of the guttering?

jeff1

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 05:12:33 pm »
Hugo,  I was lucky? My hose connectors fitted fine, so no new hose for me  ;)

supernova77

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 05:18:12 pm »
Do you use the low pressure one for cleaning out the gutering, and what one do you use to clean the external parts of the guttering?

I only have 1 nozzle that fits to the gutter attachment, so I'm not sure if it's lower pressure or high pressure.

Also... I usually clean the outside of the gutter using my pole connected to a normal water tap / hose.

One word of warning though: It all takes a while to get used to... The lance will fly out of the gutter when you press the trigger... You will learn how to control it after a while though  ;)

Andy

ronnie paton

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 05:25:23 pm »
andy cant see the pics???
could you advise me on your lance does the gutter attachment spin??? if so how do you go about this?

supernova77

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 05:28:52 pm »
andy cant see the pics???
could you advise me on your lance does the gutter attachment spin??? if so how do you go about this?

You should be able to see the pics now?

Yes my attachment does spin... But I think it's supposed to so that incase you get it caught on something it would move instead of snapping or bending?

Andy