This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S.A.J

Re: Gutter Lance Questions
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 05:30:07 pm »
Ronnie right click on the red x then click on show picture the pic should then appear, thats what i had to do  ;)

Stuart

Majestic

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 05:30:50 pm »
Ron
Try loging out then back in.

supernova77

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 05:31:23 pm »
Ronnie right click on the red x then click on show picture the pic should then appear, thats what i had to do  Wink

They should appear OK now? I had a temporary problem with my website.

Andy

jeff1

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 05:35:31 pm »
Do you use the low pressure one for cleaning out the gutering, and what one do you use to clean the external parts of the guttering?

I only have 1 nozzle that fits to the gutter attachment, so I'm not sure if it's lower pressure or high pressure.

Also... I usually clean the outside of the gutter using my pole connected to a normal water tap / hose.

One word of warning though: It all takes a while to get used to... The lance will fly out of the gutter when you press the trigger... You will learn how to control it after a while though  ;)

Andy
Thanks Andy
I read the destruction manual, ;D ;D and it said about pulling the trigger at least 10' away and lower it to your work, it also warned the same move it 10' away before you switch it off as it will rebound :o

I notice you don't use the harness? I have 6 houses to do in the same road on the same day, do you recon I should buy the harness? I was going to make my own, its only to take the weight of the lance.

ronnie paton

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 05:43:42 pm »
Hey john im thinking of getting a pressure washer and stuff from merrel dont suppose you know the percentage they charge you for duty when you pick it up

jeff1

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 06:09:56 pm »
Hey john im thinking of getting a pressure washer and stuff from merrel dont suppose you know the percentage they charge you for duty when you pick it up
Ronnie
If you have a look on  cleaining pro's, under the pressure washer section I think it was merrel who answered that question himself, I think I read it may be a pain in the backside picking it up, not 100% sure so have a look, unless John knows the answer?

the gedi

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 07:24:31 pm »
hi does not seem to be a lot of mess and how does it get on with the large clumps of grass in the gutters , and does it all go down the downpipe ok , going to do a few on friday any tips 

Phil Mitchell

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 08:46:04 pm »
The gutter lance is bulky, heavy and for the first few jobs a pain in the arse!!   >:(      BUT....it earns well, its safe and doesnt take too long to pick up. When it gets to heavy and you need a break just rest it on your leg or let the gutter take the weight for a bit, then you'll be able to carry on without killing yourself. Good luck

jeff1

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 09:12:47 pm »
The gutter lance is bulky, heavy and for the first few jobs a pain in the arse!!   >:(      BUT....it earns well, its safe and doesnt take too long to pick up. When it gets to heavy and you need a break just rest it on your leg or let the gutter take the weight for a bit, then you'll be able to carry on without killing yourself. Good luck
Phil do you use the harnes and if yes is it any good??

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 09:22:25 pm »
Hi Jeff.

I used to use the harnes but i don't any more. I find it alot easier without
& it's a pain clipping it on.

Macc

jeff1

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2007, 09:33:10 pm »
Hi Jeff.

I used to use the harnes but i don't any more. I find it alot easier without
& it's a pain clipping it on.

Macc
Hi Macc
I know what your saying, But I'm a whimp  ;D  I just think it could give me a little bit more control when My arms get tired, I have 6 houses to do all in the same road, so the harness may just help on these 6, then after that it will probablly stay in the boot.

supernova77

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2007, 10:02:08 pm »
Jeff,

How big are the 6 houses?

Are you planning on doing them all in 1 day?

Andy

jeff1

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2007, 10:05:16 pm »
Jeff,

How big are the 6 houses?

Are you planning on doing them all in 1 day?

Andy
There all 3 bed houses and yes I was hoping to knock them all out in a day.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2007, 10:06:00 pm »
The most I have ever done in 1 day was 3 houses and I was f'kd but I slept well that night  :)

jeff1

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2007, 10:07:14 pm »
The most I have ever done in 1 day was 3 houses and I was f'kd but I slept well that night  :)
Then I'm going to die when I go to bed that night  ;D ;D