niceandclean

Re: Gutter Lance Help wanted.
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 10:38:23 pm »
Im in talks with Merrill at the moment, going for a newer more powerful pressure washer like yours John, lance, pole, whirl away, bin feed kit ect. All in all inc inport tax ect, im saving just under £800 for the same bits that i can buy here! 

niceandclean

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 10:42:40 pm »
I got mine from here

http://www.merrillfoxenterprises.com/cold.html  ( 3rd one down )
With the exchange rate the way it is I dont think you will get things cheaper from any other supplier.
Also Merrill is very informative

John, do you thinkit is worth me paying extra for an electric start? This machine will be powerfull enough to do driveways easily?

Majestic

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 10:43:29 pm »
There is one here
I dont know how far away from you it is but you could phone and ask for your nearest one

MACRO
YEOFORD WAY
MARSH BARTON TRADING ESTATE
EXETER EX2 8LB

Majestic

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 10:45:46 pm »
If I was buying one now I would go for one with the electric start. I have used mine in the winter and it takes a bit of pulling on a cold morning

jeff1

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007, 10:46:44 pm »
There is one here
I dont know how far away from you it is but you could phone and ask for your nearest one

MACRO
YEOFORD WAY
MARSH BARTON TRADING ESTATE
EXETER EX2 8LB
Thanks John, Exeter isn't mega miles away if Andy doesn't come back to me, I'll phone them tomorrow, Just doing a search for there number. ;)

niceandclean

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 10:47:54 pm »
Thanks, but all in all is it powerfull enough for patio and driveways? And the service you recieved was good?

Majestic

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 10:48:22 pm »
niceandclean
Yes its a powerfull machine, Merrill emailed me when he sent it , and sent me a tracking number.
It took 2 days to get to Manchester , then 10 days to travel the other 50 miles to Fleetwood.Cant fault the service you get from Merrill
I would also  get a couple of spare air filters as they are very expensive over here

niceandclean

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 10:52:33 pm »
Excellent, thanks for your help John. Just wanted to make sure i had made the right choice and descsion to go with a supplier 2000 odd miles away!

jeff1

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 11:04:39 pm »
I'm  a little Sceptic, when it comes to buying  Abroad,

I know lots of guy's have had some good deals and saved loads of money, but what Happens when things go wrong? may work out expensive if you have to send it back under warranty.

I like to deal with someone within a drive away.   Just my thoughts. ;)

niceandclean

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 11:16:17 pm »
The Honda motor has a 2 year warranty, and can be serviced at any Honda authorized small engine dealer anywhere in the world, so im not that worried about that. I was more concerned with handing over money to someone miles away.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2007, 11:37:04 pm »
I've been in contact with Merril and although I'm not looking to set the pressure washing side of things up until early next spring I feel very confident I will be dealing with him. He has an exellent rep and very very helpful.

Only hope the exchange rate will be the same or even better in 6 mths and make some serious savings.
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

matt

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 09:33:23 am »
I've been in contact with Merril and although I'm not looking to set the pressure washing side of things up until early next spring I feel very confident I will be dealing with him. He has an exellent rep and very very helpful.

Only hope the exchange rate will be the same or even better in 6 mths and make some serious savings.

agree'd rep second to none

jeff1

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 11:03:31 am »
Anyone have a contact number for him?

Question to anyone who uses the gutter lance?

How do you avoid flooding the loft, when you wash the soffits down, especially the ones with the vents that are slits all the way along there length??

Majestic

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 11:30:57 am »
If you email him he will get back to you quickly

fox@merrillfoxenterprises.com    or

merrillfox@earthlink.net

jeff1

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 11:40:54 am »
If you email him he will get back to you quickly

fox@merrillfoxenterprises.com    or

merrillfox@earthlink.net
Thanks John, details noted. ;)

Any idea's on my other question?

Majestic

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2007, 04:26:53 pm »
Jeff

How do you avoid flooding the loft, when you wash the soffits down, especially the ones with the vents that are slits all the way along there length

Have not come across that ,