Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Gutter Lance Help wanted.
« on: August 01, 2007, 09:35:33 pm »
Lots of questions for them in the know?????

I'm going to invest in the gutter lance and don't want to buy the wrong things like fittings, pressure washer etc,... I'm also looking at doing 3 stories high, unit cladding on business etc.

I seen a thread on here some weeks back about the gutter Lance but I can't find it in a search.

I have seen a lance for sale at Northerntool, Can anyone tell me what fittings it comes with? do these fittings fit most pressure washers? what do you use one the end for the guttering section, and what do I need to do the claddings of buildings with??

Thanks in advance for any replies. ;) ;)

Alex Gardiner

Re: Gutter Lance Help wanted.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 09:41:43 pm »
Hi jeff1

Yes, they do fit most pressure washers.  You will need the washer lance of your desired length, best to go for the 7.3 m one.  You will then need a set of pressure washer nozzles to fit into it.  These they sell as a set of 5 with different angle of spray.  You will then need a 12 inch gutter cleaner attachment (item no: 1573211E).  In standard form the lance will do claddings, the gutter attachment will obviously allow you to do gutters.  If you are intending to do a lot of work with this, then it is worth buying the telescopic lance back belt (item no: 221555E) as pressure washing at height is very hard work.

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 09:45:17 pm »
Thanks Alex  ;)  Do you sell these Telescopic Lance's and bits? or will I have to go to Northentool for it all??  :'(

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:48:04 pm »
Unfortunately I cannot take your money this time, you will have to go to www.northerntooluk.com  :)

Majestic

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 09:54:03 pm »
If you already have a Omnipole Powerpole you can get  pressure washing attachments for that

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 09:54:33 pm »
Hi Jeff
Have got a set up you are most welcome to try,before you buy Email me
Andy

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 09:56:56 pm »
 :'( :'( Never mind, perhaps you can start selling them in the future?

I need to do away with my ladders, to much guttering work this year thanks to the bad rain fall, but if I get the lance and pressure washer, I'll push guttering work instead of shying away from most of it.

Just had a look at the 7m one and it comes with a free backbelt  ;D

Majestic

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 09:58:04 pm »
Just bought one of these for mine, cant wait to try it out next week.( scroll down to the bottom of the page to see a video of it in action )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320137991827&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 09:59:08 pm »
Hi Jeff
Have got a set up you are most welcome to try,before you buy Email me
Andy
Thanks Andy I may well take you up on your offer ;D Did you get yours from northertool? and was it your thread I was reading a few weeks ago? if so what was the thread called.

I'll email you later ;) ;)

Majestic

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 10:05:40 pm »
I got mine from here

http://www.merrillfoxenterprises.com/cold.html  ( 3rd one down )
With the exchange rate the way it is I dont think you will get things cheaper from any other supplier.
Also Merrill is very informative

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 10:07:27 pm »
Just bought one of these for mine, cant wait to try it out next week.( scroll down to the bottom of the page to see a video of it in action )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320137991827&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011
John I want to clean guttering not knock the birds out of the tree's  ;D ;D
Let me know how you get on with it?...it might be a good addition to have in the box along with the lance.

I did like the honda pressure washer, nearly bought it, but thought I better find out if anyone has bought one.

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 10:09:46 pm »
I got mine from here

http://www.merrillfoxenterprises.com/cold.html  ( 3rd one down )
With the exchange rate the way it is I dont think you will get things cheaper from any other supplier.
Also Merrill is very informative
How much was it John? The one I just seen on your first link was £1,500 there abouts.

Majestic

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 10:11:22 pm »
A few forum members have bought things from Merrill. My washer is on sale at   $998.00   £491.04 + shipping and import tax

Majestic

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 10:12:33 pm »
They are on sale at the moment mine is the bottom one

http://www.merrillfoxenterprises.com/special1.html

jeff1

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 10:19:04 pm »
Very interested in that one John, How long have you had yours? and how often do you use it?. is it ok for commercial use, I have seen a lot of pressure washers that say unsutable for commercial work and costing around the same price.

jeff1

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 10:19:43 pm »

Andy@w.c.s

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 10:20:19 pm »
Jeff
Bought my lance from Varitec £170 ish
And Got my petrol washer from macro £129 +vat
Just had to change the fitting on the lance to fit the washer  
Going to be using the waste water from my ro to do my gutter cleaning and jet washing :D

Majestic

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 10:26:00 pm »
I also had a Lavor from Macro , it was a ok machine but did not have the power so jobs took longer to complete.
I have had my washer for nearly 2 years now, it gets regular work, and makes easy work of it .
I spent about £1200 but with all the things I bought I saved about £800

jeff1

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 10:29:38 pm »
Thanks John very helpfull ;)

Andy were is our local macro then?? I have never heared of them.