Re: Prowler - would it be
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 03:27:10 pm »
Greedy people end up with nothing,

Our local garage  was not only a garage for repairs but also a filling station. Until Tesco's opened in Newbury, everyone started only buying enough fuel to get then to Tesco's. So when the garage did away with the petrol pumps everyone complained they had to travel 10miles to Newbury to buy fuel.

Now if we all went down the route of importing our tools and machines from abroad just imagine to ball ache it would be  buying the little things we use, not to mention the delay we would have waiting for things to arrive.
Hello There ain't no next from the States.

I'm all for supporting local business, John Kelly's in Newcastle and Hydramaster is in Cornwall both we over 200 miles from where I live  but still a lot closer than America.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 03:41:46 pm »
Dave

Is the Pheonix going to have a Kholer in it ultimately or the Vanguard.

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 03:45:41 pm »
The 18hp Briggs is running great, I can't see the point of changing it to kohler as the engine is small enough to run on petrol

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 05:05:19 pm »
The thing is if you're going to invest in a Truck Mount, or any other machine for that matter, you also need top class service and backup from the manufacturer. New machines are great while they are new, but as with every machine things start to go wrong and when they do you are effectively out of business until it's repaired. Having someone at the end of the phone that understands all of the technical features of your machine and can diagnose the problem and supply the correct part the next day is something that is quite simply worth its weight in gold and you forgo that bond of loyalty and customer service when you cut out the very people you WILL need during your machines life.
I've had the luxury of having John Taylor at Prochem when I operated Prochem TM's and Martin Cox and the current team at Hydramaster, who over the years have saved me thousands in lost sales and down time with their superb service and I wouldn't forgo that for a few measly quid which in the end is tax deductible.
Simon

murky

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 05:27:16 pm »
While we are on about bringing stuff in from the States.

Whats the name of the guy who worked as a middleman to send stuff over here for us.

Unusual name like 2 surnames put together, worked out of Florida i think but not sure.

Murky

derek west

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 05:35:32 pm »
i had a problem with my boxer last week, rang the owner of hydramaster on saturday night, and then again on sunday morning. my problem was sorted by sunday tea, now thats customer service. glad i bought from this country, can't see the yanks answering the phone on a sunday to us brits.
i could of bought a cheaper truckmount but its not all about saving money. if that was the case i wouldn't get any work, cos i'm not the cheapest.
derek

like shaun says, pay cheap pay twice

nevil

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 06:04:26 pm »
While we are on about bringing stuff in from the States.

Whats the name of the guy who worked as a middleman to send stuff over here for us.

Unusual name like 2 surnames put together, worked out of Florida i think but not sure.

Murky

Vernon Purcell maybe?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 07:01:48 pm »
There are suppliers that aren't famous for their customer service but you usually find that they are competing on price or false promises, do your homework and ask lots of people especially if you are spending loads of your filthy lucre.

Shaun

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 07:40:54 pm »
dave

if you do import a prowler, from the tone of this thread i'm guessing you'll have to import the parts if and when you need them. ;D
derek

OK, ive been out clay shooting only to find many replies to this.

Which is good. I can see that you guys dont like the fact I just want to save money.

Which I dont underatnd why?

Are you guys impying that I should just purchase and be limited to what a supplier is offering me. I certainly wont be held over a barrel!

If I believe a supplier is offering a good deal I will purchase!

If I do at a later date purchase a TM/PROWLER and it requires parts there will be someone that will sell me parts I require. There is always someone willing - wanting to make a sale. Is that not business!

Are you saying if I purchase a Nissan Skyline r34 from Japan, that Nissan will not supply me any parts as I went to Japan. They can only keep cars for so long and have to have them exported. But I know Nissan will sell parts. Why they want to make a sale!

I will telephone around and ask, if they dont sell to me, then I will get someone to get the parts for me. There are ways around everything.

As for the statement about John Kelly, as I dont know who he is or was.. was actually true. I at the time was unaware.

And I will tell you how that is, I purchase a lot of equipment locally within a 25 mile range. Why? Because thats me I like local people. I do not like traveling. (Plus I know most of them) Also they dont care where I purchase. They give excelent service.

As for purchasing in the states - its gets delivered. I dont have to move a muscle! and my local people do not sell Prowlers or TMs.

It has been only recently that I have found http://www.aandmcs.co.uk and that has been within the last month, infact I would go as far as to say the last two weeks.

So are you saying I should have heard of this company along time ago. And Yes, I have heard of John Kelly mentioned before but was not aware of Restoremate. However you will be pleased I am sure I have visited his website, I assume he maybe the owner.

As for support on the product well Yes I agree with you buying locally pays dividends.

However if many of you are saying you need to use the warranty many many times prior to 12 months then all that says to me is VERY POOR build quality. And maybe I should research a different product / brand. Maybe one not so well heard of as the build could be superior. All about research! And you guys and saying you need the support well before 12 months Not good at all.

Its ok for you to say if everyone purchased abroad and not at your local supplier things would be a ball ache, but you are taking it out of proportion. I certainly do not intend to order Fish & chips from America. That would be daft!!

I am on about possibly saving £1000 or possibly even more much more! I can certainly tell you now I have emailed many companies to do with TMs and I am awaiting there responce together with shipping, all other costs etc.

Dave Ingram

"Greedy people end up with nothing"

This statement is so true, thats why I am looking else where! I know I can save money.

Even John Kelly has said in a previous post he was making a killing! So yes greedy people end up with nothing Your words Dave, Not mine.

I personally believe that the products not all but most in the CC industry are over priced. And suppliers are aware of this.

They know we have no choice. But they are wrong. I will find one and I will import if I find it cheaper! Even if it means me setting up to be a distributor. Its not hard. I use to be a distributor of Computer components and servers so I know a fair bit about setting up this kind of infrastracture.

I understand you guys saying support our local suppliers. I agree! Totally but I am not paying a penny more! Its my money! I have the right to spend it where I want! On any item that is reasonably priced.

If I purchase something over priced, like a Prowler over hear, an example I personally think the markup is around £1650 per machine based on a Prowler. Other TM systems there is more markup! That price is just an example. Now it wont take long before a supplier sells 12 machines and has a deposit for a 600 mercedeze benz.

But why should I let him have a fancy car, or that holiday, when I can save the money and have the fancy car instead.

So you guys dont seem to underatnd business! What are you doing, just earning a wage a day rate.. business minded people save the most money when purchasing and when selling a service or product sell it for as much as possible.

Now if you purchase Prowles in bulk, I would assume they would get a discount.

You guys seem to have lost business ethics, I understand as a supplier you want me to give you my money. But understand as a business purchaser I want to save money wherever possible! And if I can acheive this I will.

There is no tone to this, just honest opinions and nothing more. I will purchase supplier here in the uk but again they have to be the right price!

Dave

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 07:46:40 pm »
If I was you mate I would ignore what everyone is saying and just get on with it. Then report back and tell us how you got on.

derek west

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 07:59:27 pm »
just trying to help you out mate, but sounds to me like you've got everything sorted, which asks the question, why on earth did you bother putting the thread up in the first place.
you paid peanuts for your rhino and you wanna import a prowler to save a few quid, which in the long run i doubt you will.
personally you sound like a bit of a tight wad. in which case, distributers are probably better off without your custom,
just an observation mind, i could be wrong. ;D
derek

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 08:03:51 pm »
And I will tell you how that is, I purchase a lot of equipment locally within a 25 mile range. Why? Because thats me I like local people.

But not British suppliers, it seems. ???

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 08:15:17 pm »
And I will tell you how that is, I purchase a lot of equipment locally within a 25 mile range. Why? Because thats me I like local people.

But not British suppliers, it seems. ???

So why dont we go the whole hog and design them here in the uk instead of importing and give our people jobs. HOW FAR DO WE GO!

So what you are saying is a supplier can give the money to America, thats fine. But I cant as I would save money!

Yes I am a tight git! when it comes to spening money. I will admit it freely!

Dave

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 08:28:54 pm »
just trying to help you out mate, but sounds to me like you've got everything sorted, which asks the question, why on earth did you bother putting the thread up in the first place.
you paid peanuts for your rhino and you wanna import a prowler to save a few quid, which in the long run i doubt you will.
personally you sound like a bit of a tight wad. in which case, distributers are probably better off without your custom,
just an observation mind, i could be wrong. ;D
derek

The reason I put the thread up was to get your Valued opinions. Not just to for you to say to me support your local dealer. It was not to get into an argument. But people seem to take me the wrong way. Ill admit I am blunt to the point. But honesty never paid!

Dave

Cathedral Floorcare

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 08:34:18 pm »
dave

if you do import a prowler, from the tone of this thread i'm guessing you'll have to import the parts if and when you need them. ;D
derek

OK, ive been out clay shooting only to find many replies to this.

Which is good. I can see that you guys dont like the fact I just want to save money.

Which I dont underatnd why?

Are you guys impying that I should just purchase and be limited to what a supplier is offering me. I certainly wont be held over a barrel!

If I believe a supplier is offering a good deal I will purchase!

etc etc

I started reading your post, but there are so many exclamation marks that I had to go for a lie down to recover from the implied excitement.

davep

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 08:34:23 pm »
I got a Prowler off JK, and with it all the support needed.  I was on phone for the first few days as changing from porty to tm was a bit fiddly.  Got him to service it and now it needs a heat exchanger he is sorting that out too.

Would you get that from Texas where they are made?  

Erm................

NO!

derek west

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 08:41:24 pm »
Prowler from the USA, FOR EXAMPLE FROM

www.amtexequipment.com Does not give a price.

I know over here after the suppliers have wacked on there profit etc its around £6000 sterlin.

Now I have friends in Texas, Huston that I could get them to buy it (I will send them the money of course) and they ship it over.

Would I actually save money do you think? I might give amtex a call next week. find out weight etc and speak to a friend in the carrier company in Huston. Dont forget it cheaper for the states to send over here than it is for us to send to them.

Dave

okay i'll answer your question, theres a slight chance you will save money if your very lucky and nothing goes wrong, but i'm pretty sure you won't be so lucky. good luck youve obviously made your mind up to import, all though i very much doubt you'll own a prowler in the next 6 months.
derek

jasonl

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 08:43:16 pm »
Pristine ,, you asked a question ,,, and got some answers ,, not what you wanted to hear , but you got answers ,, the prowler is a niche product , not the same as a Nissan skyline!

Yes you couls save probably a grand , however ,the time it would take you to do the necessary  paperwork ,, learning the importing  systems and procedures , for a machine with effectively no warranty support would  make the £ savings zero or negative .

I bought a £120,000 concrete batching plant last december , it was made in Italy , I bought from the uk distributor and paid 20k more than if I had gone direct to Italy , I GOT PRODUCT SUPPORT ,, KNOWLEDGE  , AND TRAINING THAT I SIMPLY WOULD NOT HAVE GOT had I bought from Italy.

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 08:43:40 pm »
WOW one minute you can't even afford a SEBO DUO then your are importing all sorts of stuff from America telling us you have imported this and that I would have thought you had all the answers so why ask I THINK YOU ARE JUST BLOWING SMOKE UP OUR ARSES you are LOVING this. :D ;D :D ;D :D

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 08:48:14 pm »
Really?

Hold on I purchased a Rhino,

A sebo used
2 blowers used

Now with the money I saved I have purchased a new e30 Envirodri system.

And PSI gauge, extra 50 vac and solution hose. If I had not saved money I would not have purchased an Envirodri.

And the reason I am thinking of a TM is  I have won a contract. And yes TMs win hands down for not refilling.

So things change at a drop of an eyelid sometimes.

Dave