donmagsino

Insurance : My first client intimidates!
« on: May 26, 2006, 03:18:42 am »
I have had my first client and I offered free cleaning for the first 5 hours! Of course she did not pay for it. The next cleaning day she said that she did not like the cleaning and she did not pay again. The third time, my cleaner slightly damage an item (noah's ark) worth £300.

I told her that the insurance will pay for it. The insurance company told me to give them an incident report. I am now quite apprehensive because i might use word that will invalidate my insurance claim. Please somebody help me what to write to the insurance company. To make the matter worse, the cleaner is nowhere to be found. I heard that she's gone back to Philippines (without a trace)

Also the client is threatening me of all sorts. She wants payment for the troubles i have caused her on top of payment for the item. I dont know what to do. What legal rights do I have? Your advise will be highly appreciated. :-[

info@homesteadhelperz.com

garyj

Re: Insurance : My first client intimidates!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 02:39:14 pm »
What sort of rubbish cowboy outfit are you  running.
5 hours free cleaning, then the cleaning the second day was so bad they didn't pay THEN your cleaner breaks an  ornament.

I doubt if someone has fled abroad over a broken Noah's Ark, do you not have the cleaners address, NI number, telephone number, references etc.?? If not why not.

Offer to pay for the damaged item, the insurance will want you to pay the first few hundred anyway, so I wouldn't have thought it worth making a claim.

How long have you been in business? Where are you from?

kazzie

BSF

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 04:18:09 pm »
Hi Kazzie,

I love the website its very flashy indeed, but who decided on the pictures used? they dont seem to relate to cleaning in any way.

Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 04:22:03 pm »
Sorry Kazzie I think uve just highlighted the web address, my question is to Donmagsino ;D

Regards

BSF

garyj

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 07:55:27 pm »
LMAO, its like a dating site ( not that I've ever used one). 

I'd be disappointed if I used this company and the cleaner turned out to be a minger.
 ;D ;D

If my cleaners looked like that and broke things I wouldn't care, I could think of suitable punishments  ;) ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 08:05:37 pm »
Your'e having a laugh.  paying someone £6.00 hour self employed, they have to sort out there own tax affairs , holidays, transport etc.

That web site is full of spelling mistakes as well.
Is it a front for a massage parlour.

garyj

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 08:14:55 pm »
Well spotted Dave,  but all those things don't apply to you if you are an immigrant.
Also it is illegal to sub out work if they only work for one company, I think the ratio is about 60/40. But they'll get away with it.

At least he is charging more than the last one, he advertised self employed cleaners at £5.25.

How come there is a huge thread on  here that started over someone charging 9.50 and yet no one says a word when an immigrant charges 8.50.

Beggers belief.  >:(

BSF

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 08:18:35 pm »
Your'e having a laugh.  paying someone £6.00 hour self employed, they have to sort out there own tax affairs , holidays, transport etc.

That web site is full of spelling mistakes as well.
Is it a front for a massage parlour.

I agree about the massage parlour/dating agency bit, but on the whole the website is excellent (pity about the pics), the z'ss on the end of cleaner etc are deliberate.. me thinks ;D

what other spelling mistakes have you noticed?
Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 08:25:39 pm »
Have you noticed how you can zoom in on the body parts? have a go just click on the pics, its ace! :P
Regards

BSF

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 08:35:33 pm »
No just the ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzs

I do not like assasinating someones hard work ,please note the latter part of my last post was said tongue in cheek.

On the web site it states that one of the reasons for not employing staff direct is that they do not need a written health and safety policy.

In my eyes health and safety should be paramount and should never be overlooked.
I think the contractor will be jointly liable should any health and safety issues come up

Dave

Paul Forster

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 09:01:21 pm »
5 hours cleaning for free? When you get your vehicle serviced, or your acountant to do your tax return do they do it for nothing?

If YOUR cleaner damaged the womans ark then YOU should pay for the damage not try and palm it off. If the second clean was bad then this should have been rectified before the third clean.

The customer has treated you for what you are ...a  COMPLETE FOOL WHO CLEARLY CANOT RUN A BUSINESS AND SHOULDNT EMPLOY STAFF.

Paul

BSF

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 09:14:06 pm »
5 hours cleaning for free? When you get your vehicle serviced, or your acountant to do your tax return do they do it for nothing?

If YOUR cleaner damaged the womans ark then YOU should pay for the damage not try and palm it off. If the second clean was bad then this should have been rectified before the third clean.

The customer has treated you for what you are ...a  COMPLETE FOOL WHO CLEARLY CANOT RUN A BUSINESS AND SHOULDNT EMPLOY STAFF.

Paul

But.... ??? it is a good website ;D ;D
Regards

BSF

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 09:29:56 pm »
lovely   ;D

Paul Forster

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 09:35:41 pm »
A well put together website, Although not dificult if you use the right firm ... but why the pictures of people on holiday?

Paul

BSF

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 09:38:53 pm »
A well put together website, Although not dificult if you use the right firm ... but why the pictures of people on holiday?

Paul

They are the cleaners, didnt you know ;D
Regards

BSF

garyj

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 11:11:32 pm »
I've just spent the last  10 mins zooming in on the body parts  ;D

But whats it got to do with cleaning and whats the freaking point of it  ???

mark dew

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 04:51:01 am »
Do they clean in the nude?

shelton

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 10:32:56 am »
I spent about 30 seconds on the (admittedly good) website.

Then it quickly became clear this was another poxy business using cheap foreign labour, without a hint of using born and bred British workers.

Call me old fashioned, racist, whatever . ..  I'm getting very quickly fed up of chancers like this.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 11:20:15 am »
Wheres the NHS gone