Scrimble

How would you price this house? Trad
« on: September 03, 2006, 05:35:36 pm »
HI

I currently live in the west midlands and i would like to know peoples opinions on how much other window cleaners charge to clean my house.

I myself would ask for about £10 for every 4 weeks with the first clean costing about £12. I am not an experienced window cleaner and i have only been going it alone for about 5 weeks.

would really appriciate your input.

I would only do this if it was NOT LEADED so please put up your prices as if the windows were not leaded.

Access to the rear is provided by a path round the side of the house which comes out next to the shed

FRONT

REAR

Clear Vision

Re: How would you price this house? Trad
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 05:37:45 pm »
I would look for £8-£12 for It.

Matthew
Clear Vision

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 05:44:11 pm »
We are in Cheadle - by Alton Towers and we would charge £10.00 for that house.

We would clean it wfp in 5 minutes - 2 people. How long does it take you traditionally.

Rob ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 05:50:10 pm »
If it was plain glass and trad cleaning I would go for £15.
Part of my thinking is that I regard the upper bay windowat the front as two climbs and the two windows above the tiled roof would be done by pole with applicator/squeegee (unless you work in pairs and someone can foot the ladder.)

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 06:25:56 pm »
I'd be more than happy to have a bunch of these houses close together at a tenner each.

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 06:52:44 pm »
£12-£14 (south) without conservatorie

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 06:53:58 pm »
I would charge £15 a house unless i had a load together then maybe £13

Paul

Ladders

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 06:56:32 pm »
Hi all

I would quote ten quid for that on a 4 weekly clean doing it trad.
For every problem there is a solution

mgba_78

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 07:06:20 pm »
Hi

I would price it at £14
 my 3/2 bed semis are £7 thats 3 windows front and door same for back your house has more to do, you would have to move the ladder 3 times to do the top bay window.
Time = money in my books so would charge accordingly

Andy

Nice house by the way ;)
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Ladders

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 07:15:04 pm »
Hi MGBA

Iwould only move the ladder twice for the up bay, i would put ladder up on corner of bay  and do one side and middle pane, then move ladder to do last pane.
For every problem there is a solution

Extremeclean

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 07:47:18 pm »
Everyone seems to be in the right ball park with the price for this if trad and not leaded.

50% more for it being leaded. I do 2 estates with around 500 very similar houses. Those sloping porches are lethal if damp especially the north facing ones with moss all over them.

I dont want to get into a wfp versus trad debate but what I will say is that it takes us half the time to do these now using WFP with no need for acrobatics or footing for the porches. These types of places are made for WFP and come up great even in hot conditions or direct sunshine.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 08:14:06 pm »
£15
wildstyles

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 08:15:35 pm »
Hi MGBA

Iwould only move the ladder twice for the up bay, i would put ladder up on corner of bay  and do one side and middle pane, then move ladder to do last pane.
Be carefull doing that I for one dont risk it anymore after the ladder has moved several times I would rather price it as 3 climbs and the hole house at £12
Sussex by the sea

Rise N Shine

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2006, 09:43:29 pm »
I'd probably try to squeeze £15 for a house like this (I'm in Surrey), i do quite a few like this and use a Rojak ladder stay to keep the ladder as secure as possible when getting over the sloping roof, providing its not too ridiculous an angle.
2 trips up the ladder for the bay window at the front, poss one trip for the bay at the rear if i could reach them after putting the ladder on the sill under the middle window.
I don't see myself as being super-quick but i'd have a house like this gleaming in around 1/2 an hour trad.
I'd love a row of these, cha ching ££££

eddie d

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 10:16:41 pm »
like the other guys i would go in at 12 to 15 . ideal price 15 but 12 if i had a few together .

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 10:24:52 pm »
hi mate

nice house for a widow cleaner , ;) i would charge 25.00 thats in surrey...
maybe up north 18-20 

shawn
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

sunshine windows

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 10:27:39 pm »
Glad you posted before me Shawn. I was Just about to say that you guys are far too cheap.

I'd charge £18 monthly or £25 every other month for that one. That would include a wipe over of the frames and sills.

Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2006, 10:33:01 pm »
Good evening everyone,

On a monthly clean  i would charge £22 and for a 6 weekly clean it would be £26.

Obviously i am down south. However, you guys up north should really start increasing your prices. I know what you are thinking! The customer wont pay. But they would, if your service was good and reliable and also if all the window cleaners in the area put their prices up, the customer wont have a choice.

Many Thanks

Andrew

Ps Hows tricks Shawn?

groundhog

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 10:33:45 pm »
I live down South and I would try for £20, if they don't like the price you can always drop the price a few pounds, mind you I always clean the frames and sills too. Why would you not clean them if they were leaded? With practice you can clean leaded just as quick if not quicker using a damp scrim followed by a dry one.

After saying that I priced up for a couple who have just moved from the Midlands recently, I priced their 3 bed house up at £15, they nearly fell over backwards and said that the cleaner they had in the Midlands used to charge them £4 for a similar property!! :-[  they have no chance of getting someone that cheap down here. Price as high as you can, you will be surprised how much people are prepared to pay for a good reliable wc! ;)

supernova77

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2006, 10:39:56 pm »
£20

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2006, 10:45:18 pm »
£20

But could you charge prices like - in the same area - if other windows cleaners were doing a top job for a tenner?

I've had the experience of pricing 'well'; doing a top job; keeping the account for a few months; then inexplicably losing it; no doubt to cheaper window cleaners.

Scrimble

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2006, 10:45:47 pm »
thanks for your replys people,

I am going to purchase a WFP system eventually possibly next year when i have a large established customer base.

So far no one has said cheaper than me so i think i would now charge around £12-£14.

Malcal

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2006, 11:00:31 pm »
Please see ebay item 120026607075 for the kind of prices achievable "up north"
Good evening everyone,

On a monthly clean  i would charge £22 and for a 6 weekly clean it would be £26.

Obviously i am down south. However, you guys up north should really start increasing your prices. I know what you are thinking! The customer wont pay. But they would, if your service was good and reliable and also if all the window cleaners in the area put their prices up, the customer wont have a choice.

Many Thanks

Andrew

Ps Hows tricks Shawn?

Scrimble

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2006, 11:23:19 pm »
PRICE OF CLEANING RANGES FROM £2.00, £2.50 AND £3.00.

FOR 4 DAYS A FORTNIGHT IT TAKES £274.

THATS £548 FOR ONLY 8 DAYS A MONTH.

thats a joke, minimum prices for me are £5.50 for bungelow £6 for a house a £7.50 for a house and conservatory.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2006, 11:44:35 pm »
Round my way you wouldn't get it at more than £9-10.
Still, I'd do that in about 12-15 minutes, so I'd be happy enough.

The houses cost enough around here, but they're all tight because they've spent so much on their house!

dave0123

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2006, 12:15:09 am »
id charge around 10-13 as plain glass. its the bay windows that slow u down  abit working trad.
Dave.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2006, 06:17:10 am »
Get on Roger!
You won't do that house in under 15 minutes, allowing 2 moves of the ladder for the upstairs bay windows that is 18 windows, I know you would probably walkl along the roof to get at those two at the front, but those tiles can be very tricky to walk along, and would slow you down a little.
Only two panes per window I know, so quick and easy to clean trad, but even so.....18 windows in 15 minutes or under??
Don't think so.

I'd be more expensive than both Tosh and Squeaks, £12 to £15 for me, though £15  would be the top end and it would have to be in the right area.
At £12 I'd expect to get and keep this house wherever it was in town.

Mind you...if it was rural then it would be £15 to £20.

Most will do this place in 25 minutes or so, however you approach it, that sloping roof will add a couple of minutes to your time.

20 minutes will be easily acheivable though.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Ian Rochester

Trevor Knight

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2006, 06:29:28 am »
£15/£20 would be what I charge.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

ronaldo

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2006, 08:30:29 am »
£5.00   ;)
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

david68

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2006, 09:20:37 am »
I would charge £12 in Birmingham

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2006, 11:08:57 am »
I think i am moving to surrey , down here in cornwall we would charge £15 if it was an individual and about £12 if I had a few on an estate

Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2006, 11:14:31 am »
When i was trad , i could of done that bay in one ladder climb, in fact i would have done all the front off one ladder climb, when i was a lad a big team of window cleaners cleaned our estate, you should have seen how they bounced there ladders about while up them.

These days my feet are well and truly on the ground, A bit more sensible too

Rise N Shine

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2006, 04:06:03 pm »
Damn, I'm terrible at pricing up after reading some of the other cleaners prices in Surrey.
This is now a £20 house for me  ;D
Squeaky how could you possibly clean this house properly in 12 mins trad?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2006, 04:08:58 pm »
Well, quarter of an hour anyway....

I've got an almost identical one on my round, and it takes me 15 mins at £10.
Good account I reckon.
Wish I had more like it.....

Rise N Shine

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2006, 04:26:18 pm »
Well, quarter of an hour anyway....

Good account I reckon.

Well good for you fella, I'd really like to see a video of you in action, cleaning windows that is!!!  ;D

S.C.S

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2006, 04:27:07 pm »
i would charge about £10 to £12  :)

Pj

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2006, 04:41:38 pm »
About the same average as all so far, but just to say with wfp the price wouldn't be any different for me if it had those leaded stuck on bits, just makes the price easier to justify. ;)

supernova77

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2006, 04:50:09 pm »
Good account I reckon.

15 mins... But thats rushing it. I prefer to take my time and do the job properly.

Its also less stressful not having to rush!

Andy

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2006, 06:50:22 pm »
Remember the guy said NOT LEADED

valroyb

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2006, 07:58:10 pm »

£12.00 for me i live in poole  (south)

pjulk

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2006, 09:41:28 pm »
I can't believe some of the prices im seeing on here for an easy house like that.
Im in the south but if i jump in quoting £20 - £25 quid i would be told to bugger off.

Paul

marc

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2006, 10:08:46 pm »
same here im in sunny southend in essex i would charge £12 to £14 but as im down south may be i will reconsider and go for £20 no bugger it i want £50 now after all its only a10 or 15 minute job wpf

JM123

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2006, 10:18:46 pm »
£9-£12 max

I couldn't imagine charging £20 but then again different parts of the country command different prices.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

groundhog

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2006, 11:42:14 pm »
There is no way that I would charge any less than £20 for this job, more if it was leaded. Be confident and tell them your price and say that it includes frames and sills. If you don't try you don't get, if everybody accepts your price you are too cheap. At the end of the day a window cleaner on his own can only handle a certain amount of customers, so you might as well make them well paying customers.
If you price high and they think its too much you can always drop the price, but once you have given a low price it is difficult to put it up! and you may be surprised at how many will say yes! :)

JohnL

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2006, 11:56:23 pm »
£18 - £20

where are you based groundhog because the area is all important?

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

supernova77

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2006, 12:04:22 am »
There is no way that I would charge any less than £20 for this job, more if it was leaded. Be confident and tell them your price and say that it includes frames and sills. If you don't try you don't get, if everybody accepts your price you are too cheap. At the end of the day a window cleaner on his own can only handle a certain amount of customers, so you might as well make them well paying customers.
If you price high and they think its too much you can always drop the price, but once you have given a low price it is difficult to put it up! and you may be surprised at how many will say yes!

Well said!

I get fed-up of other window cleaners moaning that we charge too much down here in the South!

I charge higher prices because I know I can get the jobs at the prices I charge... What would be the point in me quoting lower and loosing out on money?

Andy

trevor perry

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2006, 09:40:14 am »
i would not expect to get more than £6 for this job if i had a few on the estate .if it was the only one then £10 . i coul do this traditionally in max 10 minutes
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Paul Coleman

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2006, 05:39:11 pm »
i would not expect to get more than £6 for this job if i had a few on the estate .if it was the only one then £10 . i coul do this traditionally in max 10 minutes

Could you sustain that sort of pace all day long?
I reckon I could do it in 15 minutes trad but no way could I keep that up all day.
Mind you, I'm a fat git and nudging 50.

JohnL

« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2006, 06:10:42 pm »
i coul do this traditionally in max 10 minutes

rubbish!

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

sair

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2006, 06:14:14 pm »
my minimum charge is £35.00 inc vat monthly
Essentially Pure Ltd

scrimit2

« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2006, 06:18:28 pm »
gulp! Im too cheap! if i got £10 for it i would be happy with that, and if all jobs where priced in the same way I would earn £180 almost every full day I worked (which i dont) and if i got £20 for it as was mentioned I would earn £360 a day!

::)

Pj

« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2006, 06:22:06 pm »
To be honest I wouldn't even attempt it trad these days.  I would turn it down because of the windows above the porch setup.  Those windows  are one of the strong reasons why I opted for wfp.  I would take it on now wfp at the same price.

Doing it trad would take me about 25 minutes.  Risking my neck on some windows.
Doing it wfp?  Safely and thoroughly..10-15 minutes.

BIRMINGHAM

« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2006, 10:23:30 pm »
£15/£20
service you can rely on