KS Cleaning

Re: Another pricing help sorry 🙈
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2020, 03:47:56 pm »
There is always a pause between submitting a quote and receiving a reply, because she's asked other contractors to quote as well.

A quick soft wash job, which i quoted for a couple of wks back.  Didnt think i got the the job because up until i gave them a quote, she was texting quite a bit.  Then about a week later I got a phone call to book the job in.
So, she either needed time to think n discuss price with partner or they had some other quotes in. Either way it can be a small waiting game, when it may not be the price they had in mind.
(Got the job at £250,  oh and by the way, i might have a coffee and look through social media afterwards and the shocker!  Well before mid morning incase ones want to moan at me posting when they are working 🤷‍♂️)
I’m surprised you find the time to take on all this extra work when you’re constantly behind with your window cleaning work🤔

p1w1

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2020, 03:59:44 pm »
He's to busy writing those 3-page 40p price increase letters  ;D. Think diesel's gone up 2p a litre so there's gonna have to be another one to send out.

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2020, 04:14:30 pm »
Not constantly behind.  December, i quit and left half my work till this month as just needed the break for various reasons.  I texted and communicate to my customers via my facebook page and all were good with this. Then this month got hit with the flu virus thats going around and so a week late.  However all work will be complete before the month is out.    You see, i schedule all my work for the first 3 wks in a month, if family affairs alter that, i have a week to play with. Or, i schedule in soft washing, fascia or pressure washing jobs. Hence the one shown above is for the end of feb.

So come feb, all is back on track and i can still enjoy my coffee breaks and seemingly annoye ones on here by posting whilst they are working  🤷‍♂️
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2020, 04:51:11 pm »
Not constantly behind.  December, i quit and left half my work till this month as just needed the break for various reasons.  I texted and communicate to my customers via my facebook page and all were good with this. Then this month got hit with the flu virus thats going around and so a week late.  However all work will be complete before the month is out.    You see, i schedule all my work for the first 3 wks in a month, if family affairs alter that, i have a week to play with. Or, i schedule in soft washing, fascia or pressure washing jobs. Hence the one shown above is for the end of feb.

So come feb, all is back on track and i can still enjoy my coffee breaks and seemingly annoye ones on here by posting whilst they are working  🤷‍♂️

So you have 3 weeks of window cleaning then a week off?

Seems a good way to do it. I work 4 days a week every week. Amounts to probably the same thing pretty much.

nathankaye

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2020, 05:15:39 pm »

So you have 3 weeks of window cleaning then a week off?

Seems a good way to do it. I work 4 days a week every week. Amounts to probably the same thing pretty much.

I think your right, it amounts to pretty much the same thing.
I used to do the same and enjoy long wknds off, whereas now I can mostly have a full week instead and that feels like a good break then. That is, unless I book in additional jobs
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Frankybadboy

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2020, 08:38:50 pm »
There is always a pause between submitting a quote and receiving a reply, because she's asked other contractors to quote as well.

A quick soft wash job, which i quoted for a couple of wks back.  Didnt think i got the the job because up until i gave them a quote, she was texting quite a bit.  Then about a week later I got a phone call to book the job in.
So, she either needed time to think n discuss price with partner or they had some other quotes in. Either way it can be a small waiting game, when it may not be the price they had in mind.
(Got the job at £250,  oh and by the way, i might have a coffee and look through social media afterwards and the shocker!  Well before mid morning incase ones want to moan at me posting when they are working 🤷‍♂️)
well under priced at that  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll so i wouldn't be laughing

Frankybadboy

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2020, 08:42:04 pm »

looking at this it be tops of 2hours work,that be with 3 cups of tea and a pack of chocolate biscuits thrown in

if you cant do that in two hours and a top job you should be looking at how you work.

you then charge what you want per hour

me myself i wont take in on,as i got no time as a total full round,so dont need the extra work

NWH

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2020, 11:41:36 pm »
Nathan how can you have so much time off and then say you’ll be caught up by the end of the month,if that was me in the same situation I’d literally have to stop and start from the beginning again I’d never catch it all up.

NWH

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2020, 11:43:54 pm »
When you gonna clean them  walls then they still look like they have a tinge of green lol.

nathankaye

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2020, 03:34:57 am »
Nathan how can you have so much time off and then say you’ll be caught up by the end of the month,if that was me in the same situation I’d literally have to stop and start from the beginning again I’d never catch it all up.

Thats the point though isnt it.  Any work that ismt completed within the four weeks is a loss, you aint ever going to catch up.  Unless you condense the time between cleans, ie come back round 2 weeks later and then run it 4 wkly again but which customer would be happy for you to do that.  Cut your losses, take it on the chin and restart. So I class myself as back on track as all of Januarys work is completed.

The softwash job Frankybadboy, is fairly priced for the size it is and wont take long at all.  For a one man band, im content with my work and enjoy a week off from the glass. So I have these types of jobs, some conservatory roofs to clean and a pressure washing job booked in for feb, whilst I have a week off from cleaning glass.  This will also replace the loss of income from Decenber and tidy things up nicely and have time to drink coffee and jump on here as well.  Yep, good reason for me to be laughing and enjoying my work,
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2020, 01:29:45 pm »
When you gonna clean them  walls then they still look like they have a tinge of green lol.

Just for you, whilst im on my lunch break, done this morning.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk