Klean07

Still cleaning windows at 75!
« on: March 10, 2018, 10:38:33 am »
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

alank

Re: Still cleaning windows at 75!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 12:08:05 pm »
Fair play to him still getting out there earning a few quid meeting people fresh air etc  ;D there will be thousands of people who would gladly swop places with him ;D

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 12:20:19 pm »
personally i hope im as lucky as that guy.id love to still be cleaning windows at 75....even if its only 3 hours a day 2 days a week... :)
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 12:21:50 pm »
I hope that's not me at 75.

If I'm doing that at 75 it means I will have done something wrong.

Actually that's not quite right, if I'm doing out of choice at that age that's fine (a little sad perhaps but fine) if I'm doing it out of nessecity then please kill me now.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 12:33:39 pm »
I hope that's not me at 75.

If I'm doing that at 75 it means I will have done something wrong.

Actually that's not quite right, if I'm doing out of choice at that age that's fine (a little sad perhaps but fine) if I'm doing it out of nessecity then please kill me now.

i agree to a point..i dont think its sad that (if your fit enough)to carry on working when your older.why not?i wouldnt like to be riding a bike with a ladder on my shoulder though like that guy!! ::)roll ;D ;D

jk999

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 04:34:47 pm »
My dad's 78 this year and still cleaning Windows

Walter Mitty

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 06:47:18 pm »
personally i hope im as lucky as that guy.id love to still be cleaning windows at 75....even if its only 3 hours a day 2 days a week... :)

Are you sure you could cope with the additional workload?

Bungle

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 07:34:02 pm »
Probably still cleaning houses at 3 quid too.  Riding a bike carrying ladders too? Nutter.
We look at them, they look through them.

paul alan

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 07:36:54 pm »
Probably still cleaning houses at 3 quid too.  Riding a bike carrying ladders too? Nutter.

To be fair to him,  riding the bike and carrying ladders is an achievement at 75. O r even just riding a bike is.

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 07:49:52 pm »

To be fair to him,  riding the bike and carrying ladders is an achievement at 75. O r even just riding a bike is.
Chances are hes one fit n healthy fellow.  Be a shame that his probably got a higher chance of being knocked of his bike riding like that, than he has a heart attack
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Klean07

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 12:14:14 pm »
He asked me a couple of years ago if I wanted to buy some of his round. At first I was interested but when he told me how much he charges I quickly changed the subject! He does mostly terraced houses and only charges £2.50 a throw!

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 12:42:20 pm »
I will be 56 this year, and if I'm still fit enough or even alive at 75, I intend to keep working. 2 or 3 days a week would do me.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Klean07

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 12:53:18 pm »
I will be 56 this year, and if I'm still fit enough or even alive at 75, I intend to keep working. 2 or 3 days a week would do me.

John
I'm 60 this year though I don't feel it! Hope I'll still be able to get out and do a few when I'm his age!

Dane

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 03:11:13 pm »
At 29 I hope to have got to retirement by then... maybe Help my son the odd day if he takes over

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 03:26:23 pm »
Old boy round my way was still cleaning windows at 83. Fell off a pointer and died.

Local shopkeeper used to pay him £2.50 a week to clean his two windows and a door - basically said he just rearranged the dirt but he hadn't the heart to sack him!

The old boy used to live in a council flat and went round in a 1983 Astra estate (this was in 2005/6) and his missus would sit in and do her knitting so they could keep each other company.

Guess how much he left in his will bearing in mind he owned no property?
It's a game of three halves!

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 03:36:06 pm »
Old boy round my way was still cleaning windows at 83. Fell off a pointer and died.

Local shopkeeper used to pay him £2.50 a week to clean his two windows and a door - basically said he just rearranged the dirt but he hadn't the heart to sack him!

The old boy used to live in a council flat and went round in a 1983 Astra estate (this was in 2005/6) and his missus would sit in and do her knitting so they could keep each other company.

1 million pounds

windowswashed

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 05:09:22 pm »
My goal is to  buy a house in a warmer climate and forget windows  when I retire.  You only live once

Shrek

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 05:14:19 pm »
My goal is to  buy a house in a warmer climate and forget windows  when I retire.  You only live once

Same here , I’m hoping to retire abroad. Hopefully retire at 68 , then relax near a nudist beach in spain

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 06:08:00 pm »

£100,000?

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 06:32:47 pm »
then relax near a nudist beach in spain

You won't be relaxing if thats where you retire.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 01:39:18 pm »
OK if you're into old fat German men😂😂😂

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 10:47:06 pm »
£300,000
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2018, 08:44:37 am »
£300,000

its always the ones that look like they ve got nothing that have the most money tucked away usually..... ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 11:10:20 pm »
£300,000

its always the ones that look like they ve got nothing that have the most money tucked away usually..... ;D

That's quite sad really if he had that much money and never bought his own house.  Window cleaners talk about reinvesting into their businesses, bugger that, tie it up in property and let it pay for itself by rental without having to do any hard work for it. You can't take your money to the grave with you so why leave a fortune behind living a hard life in your adventure of life's journey

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 07:35:28 am »
£300,000

That's quite sad really if he had that much money and never bought his own house.  Window cleaners talk about reinvesting into their businesses, bugger that, tie it up in property and let it pay for itself by rental without having to do any hard work for it. You can't take your money to the grave with you so why leave a fortune behind living a hard life in your adventure of life's journey

why is it sad that he didnt buy his own property?its only in britain that most people are obsessed with owning a house.....most people rent in other countries.....

his family will benefit from his money......

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 07:59:15 am »
Nonsense. People only rent if they can’t afford to buy.

Having done both, give me the security of owning my own property any time.

windowswashed

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 03:25:59 pm »
Previous property I lived in I was forever being sent letters saying that I may have to move out as the property may have to be sold to make way for a new road development, which gave me sleepless nights worrying about accommodation and price of rent isn't cheap. Decided to save up for a deposit for a mortgage on my own. Several years later I am now mortgage free and don't worry about rent or being kicked out of my property as I own it. My neighbours pay a fortune for rent, at least I don't have to worry where I'm going to live or how long I'm going to be in my home as I'm in control and not some landlord.  Who wants to have £300k in the bank and still pay rent for the rest of their life, that's just madness. One of my friends sold their property in the bad times and decided to rent , then house values increased again and they have no chance of getting a mortgage again now their funds disappeared which leaves them forever in the rental market.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 06:36:13 pm »
Previous property I lived in I was forever being sent letters saying that I may have to move out as the property may have to be sold to make way for a new road development, which gave me sleepless nights worrying about accommodation and price of rent isn't cheap. Decided to save up for a deposit for a mortgage on my own. Several years later I am now mortgage free and don't worry about rent or being kicked out of my property as I own it. My neighbours pay a fortune for rent, at least I don't have to worry where I'm going to live or how long I'm going to be in my home as I'm in control and not some landlord.  Who wants to have £300k in the bank and still pay rent for the rest of their life, that's just madness. One of my friends sold their property in the bad times and decided to rent , then house values increased again and they have no chance of getting a mortgage again now their funds disappeared which leaves them forever in the rental market.

just depends..id hate to be in a private rented property being charged ridiculous amounts of rent but im in a council flat and its only £300 a month rent including service charges etc..im happy with that...just had a new boiler and radiators last year,we have gardeners who keep the grounds clean and tidy in the spring/summer...its perfect for me....

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2018, 07:54:07 am »
Each to their own Dazmond. It wouldn't suit me living in a council flat in my 40s though.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2018, 08:09:35 am »
Each to their own Dazmond. It wouldn't suit me living in a council flat in my 40s though.

im just grateful ive got a roof over my head mate(after being homeless for a while in a previous life).....

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2018, 01:17:56 pm »

im just grateful ive got a roof over my head mate(after being homeless for a while in a previous life).....

It’s a fair point mate.