AuRavelling79

What pumps are you using and why?
« on: February 09, 2017, 04:09:41 pm »
And have you changed the make/model in recent times?
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

Re: What pumps are you using and why?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 05:50:51 pm »
Always used the c****y ones off ebay. 5.5lpm 100 psI.  There about 15 quid or so. Buy half a dozen and be set for years.

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 06:10:16 pm »
Shurflo for me. Tried a flojet - pointless waste of money.

duncan h

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 06:56:44 pm »
Only had Surflo. Temped to get the higher output one next

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 07:18:16 pm »
we have both , s.flow pumps are great , day in day out  think there 5.3s

the flojet  ones we have are 6s there great as well , but you can tell that your using 6s as they do move water faster and when cleaning solar panels on a picker these no drop in them at all , guess it down to you and how much water you want to use both sets are 14 months old and not missed a beat yet

the king

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 07:22:28 pm »
shurflo pumps for me are the best they just go on and on and when they start to get air locks just change the diraprham and there like new again mine is a bit noisy now but still going strong

SB Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 07:34:44 pm »
Shurflo for me always have ;)

Matt.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 07:56:09 pm »
Was with shurflo 5.2 lpm but get them from agratech now 6.8 lpm ..... Shurflo all the way

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 10:39:25 pm »
4-5lpm backpack type pumps off eBay.

I use them due to their light weight as I use a PF trolley which is almost as heavy as a barrel of water on its own. These pumps give me a solid days work from a 7ah battery which is also a quarter of the weight of the 26ah one that comes fitted to the standard trolley. Add pneumatic tyres and the trolley is almost half the weight. Much easier to get in and out of the vehicle.

For £15ish they're pretty good
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Tom White

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 10:57:44 pm »
2 x Shurflo pumps; they seem to last forever (apart from the pressure switches which cost £2.50 and even a Geordie can replace).

mike1986

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 11:15:23 pm »
2 x Shurflo pumps; they seem to last forever (apart from the pressure switches which cost £2.50 and even a Geordie can replace).

How do you know when it's the pressure switch that has gone? When mine have stopped working I've just thrown them out and bought new but perhaps I've been wasting money.

Tom White

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 12:19:02 am »

How do you know when it's the pressure switch that has gone? When mine have stopped working I've just thrown them out and bought new but perhaps I've been wasting money.

You fiddle with the connections at the bottom of pump and if it'll work intermittently, it's the pressure switch.

You may now like this post.  Or post me a fiver.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 09:51:51 pm »
Had Vyair pumps since starting wfp
Good pumps

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 10:33:19 pm »
Thanks all!

CleanClear

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 12:00:18 am »

You fiddle with the connections at the bottom of pump and if it'll work intermittently, it's the pressure switch.

You may now like this post.  Or post me a fiver.

Erm............... two red wires go into the switch, one from the body (the motor) and the other from the battery (the live), put your live direct to the wire that goes into the pump body, if it works then you need a new switch. Fivers my way please.........  ;D

Fiddle with wires...!!!! Pffftt !!!
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

AuRavelling79

Re: What pumps are you using and why? New
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 06:42:50 am »
"Fiddle with the wires ... !!!!  Pffftt!!!"

Well said Jonathan Pie.  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 08:21:12 pm »
Erm............... two red wires go into the switch, one from the body (the motor) and the other from the battery (the live), put your live direct to the wire that goes into the pump body, if it works then you need a new switch. Fivers my way please.........  ;D

Fiddle with wires...!!!! Pffftt !!!
And viola!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2017, 09:32:35 pm »

Shure flow all the way .... then when the little switch goes I've got loads of them spare you can get them in maplins . Like Mike 1986 said about £2.50 . I've got three shure flows I kept changing then because I was learning over the years and didn't replace parts just the complete thing . If it wasn't for this forum is still be throwing money down the drain  .   

Thought I'd add this link to help others out if they get stuck with finding this http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/low-cost-standard-microswitch-gw71n

I don't use a vari stream I adjust the pressure switch and have full flow , more pressure more jobs done . Much quicker rinsing with a good flow then a low flow .

duncan h

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 09:34:06 pm »

Shure flow all the way .... then when the little switch goes I've got loads of them spare you can get them in maplins . Like Mike 1986 said about £2.50 . I've got three shure flows I kept changing then because I was learning over the years and didn't replace parts just the complete thing . If it wasn't for this forum is still be throwing money down the drain  .
What are the systems of a duff switch

Jays Window Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 09:46:25 pm »
Do you mean how do you know the switch is not working properly?