This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DaveG

Re: What pumps are you using and why?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 08:02:36 am »
I've been using Shurflo since I started in 2008 and one of them is still going strong.
You can't polish a turd

Spruce

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 09:10:42 am »
I've been using Shurflo since I started in 2008 and one of them is still going strong.

Yep.
Have 2 on the van used every day. The one is nearly 12 years old and the other 9 years old.  I bought a replacement pump for stock 5 years ago and its still in my office.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 07:48:07 am »
2 x Shurflo pumps; they seem to last forever (apart from the pressure switches which cost £2.50 and even a Geordie can replace).

How do you know when it's the pressure switch that has gone? When mine have stopped working I've just thrown them out and bought new but perhaps I've been wasting money.

Shure flow all the way .... then when the little switch goes I've got loads of them spare you can get them in maplins . Like Mike 1986 said about £2.50 . I've got three shure flows I kept changing then because I was learning over the years and didn't replace parts just the complete thing . If it wasn't for this forum is still be throwing money down the drain  .   

Thought I'd add this link to help others out if they get stuck with finding this http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/low-cost-standard-microswitch-gw71n

I don't use a vari stream I adjust the pressure switch and have full flow , more pressure more jobs done . Much quicker rinsing with a good flow then a low flow .
Jay, you absolute star   :) :) :)
that post could not have been any more timely !
posted yesterday morning with a pump problem, suspected water damage to the wiring, dried it all out and worked intermittently this morning before getting fried. Bypassed pressure switch just to be sure that's what was wrong and was. have a maplin 15 mins walk from me, 2 in stock. happy days  :D :D ;) ................just what this forum is all about. ;)

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 07:53:27 am »
Make sure you replace the pressure switch with one with the correct rating (15amp) otherwise they may not last very long.

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 08:08:34 am »
Make sure you replace the pressure switch with one with the correct rating (15amp) otherwise they may not last very long.
Thanks for pointing that out, just read the Q&A on maplins site - rated at 6A, guess at that price  I'll buy two though and see how I get on - may just be a temporary fix  :-\
Anybody have any other links to a 15A one ? £30 seems steep for an entire replacement unit when all that is needed is the micro switch inside it.

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 08:32:21 am »
Thanks for pointing that out, just read the Q&A on maplins site - rated at 6A, guess at that price  I'll buy two though and see how I get on - may just be a temporary fix  :-\
Anybody have any other links to a 15A one ? £30 seems steep for an entire replacement unit when all that is needed is the micro switch inside it.
Just found some, £1.70 delivered  :) ordered 3 of these and will get the maplin one today just to get me by.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331569818978

Tony dunmall

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 09:17:34 am »
I've been using the pumps that came  with grippa system

No idea what make they are, very impressed, to get same flow as sure flow I've turned down the controller to about  40-45
Will see how long they last

always used sure flow before,  last few years flow jet- but there so loud as they get older, only because a company I know let me have them for £45

EandM

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 05:49:33 pm »
2 Shurflo 100 psi pumps in 10 years - still use the first one as a spare.