all clean and pristine

Re: cost of a round
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 02:37:26 pm »
i recently bought a round and i held back 500 retention, and i glad i did because the round he sold was supposed to have  been worth 550 a month, but after me working it the gross value to me after the  cancellations and messer which i eliminated straight away was worth 350, so in real terms he would have got 4.5 times instead of the agreed 3 times. he wasnt happy but after a meeting he conceded and reduced the cost . remember that a customer who liked it done trad before may be difficult to change to wfp .some people just dislike wfp .  there is a lot of wc who dont do it properly. (inc me when i first started.) experience changes that

Valid point fella.To be fair I am quite new to WFP myself. Ive been practising on my own friends and family and been happy with results. It seem a reasonable deal to get some customers and a income but would also wipe out my financial safety net so to speak so a little 50/50 at the moment

all clean and pristine

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 02:38:57 pm »
Hi
   Why not go out and get your own customers,i only started last year and am surprised at how easy it is to get customers if you are well presented  do a good job and charge a reasonable rate,it also gives experience regarding pricing ,meeting people,getting a feel for the job etc.Just try a couple of hours canvassing once a week,it soon builds up. :)

Sean that's the way I intended to go mate but the area I am in seems to be a Closed shop so to speak.

all clean and pristine

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 02:42:43 pm »
Hi
   Why not go out and get your own customers,i only started last year and am surprised at how easy it is to get customers if you are well presented  do a good job and charge a reasonable rate,it also gives experience regarding pricing ,meeting people,getting a feel for the job etc.Just try a couple of hours canvassing once a week,it soon builds up. :)
It does seem people around here don't respond to canvassing too

i think different areas of the country  can be good to do this, however where i live its not a good town to canvass. i dont know why tbh

sean mcc

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 05:41:57 pm »
Hi

Sean that's the way I intended to go mate but the area I am in seems to be a Closed shop so to speak.
  How do you mean closed shop,i go knocking on doors where other windies work,i just ask if they need a window cleaner,i do not try to take others work,just hope to pick up the ones which are not being done

wpclean

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 06:16:00 pm »
For that kind of money you could pay a canvasser, and get quality work at prices you want.

Trouble with buying work is that it is only good will, and if you are changing over to wfp can be a nightmare !

Even if you were to do the canvassing for a solid month you could pick £800 of monthly work.

Smudger

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 06:52:49 pm »
Many good points on this thread and only you will really know if the asking price is worth the cost.

If buying i would expect to do the round with the seller doing the majority of the work so i could see the time
taken and how customer relations are.  if satisfied the seller would have to do the round with be while i clean
he would introduce explain that i would be cleaning from now on etc..  ( but no mention of selling )

You are likely to gey some drop out but this should be small if you thorough with the first clean ( BTW - does he clean
the frames ?? - if not your in for one hell of a month )

with the above you can judge the time it takes ( trad ) and after the initial clean you should be able to knock 30%
off the times for wfp and give you some idea on what this work will bring in p/h

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

davids3511

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 07:11:53 pm »
i recently bought a round and i held back 500 retention, and i glad i did because the round he sold was supposed to have  been worth 550 a month, but after me working it the gross value to me after the  cancellations and messer which i eliminated straight away was worth 350, so in real terms he would have got 4.5 times instead of the agreed 3 times. he wasnt happy but after a meeting he conceded and reduced the cost . remember that a customer who liked it done trad before may be difficult to change to wfp .some people just dislike wfp .  there is a lot of wc who dont do it properly. (inc me when i first started.) experience changes that
I'm not sure why the old guy should cover the costs of cancellations due to you changing the method. Messers and bad payers yes but it's your problem what method to use I recon.

all clean and pristine

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 08:37:42 am »
Many good points on this thread and only you will really know if the asking price is worth the cost.

If buying i would expect to do the round with the seller doing the majority of the work so i could see the time
taken and how customer relations are.  if satisfied the seller would have to do the round with be while i clean
he would introduce explain that i would be cleaning from now on etc..  ( but no mention of selling )

You are likely to gey some drop out but this should be small if you thorough with the first clean ( BTW - does he clean
the frames ?? - if not your in for one hell of a month )

with the above you can judge the time it takes ( trad ) and after the initial clean you should be able to knock 30%
off the times for wfp and give you some idea on what this work will bring in p/h

Darran

Hi Darran some valid points there fella and I thank you for your input. I don't think he does do frames mate so yea see your point.

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 09:11:56 am »
If you have £4000 to spend I would employ a canvasser as said earlier, train your own to bring in the type of houses you want.

Give them the price of the first clean and then a bonus if the customer lasts 6 months.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 09:18:15 am »
how long has the round been established?if its 5 years or more then its prob worth more.

if its 6 months dont bother!

average price of the jobs?

payment methods?

frequency?

add ons?

your always taking a risk buying work but if you introduce yourself well and do a good job you wont lose many( if any) of the work bought.

good luck and offer him a lower amount cash if you think its worth it!! ;) ;D ;D

GOOD LUCK!!

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 09:26:27 am »
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38318779.html?premiumA=true

This is in Chipping Sodbury one of the areas you cover. For an established business looking for an add on I would suggest that you aim for £15 for a house like this.

It's all very well having a street full of cheap work but I don't think it will give you the best profit over 12 months.

You would be £4k down to start with and even if you had a 75% retention rate you would be in month 7 before you made any money. If you employ it would be considerably longer.

Pay a canvasser and price high!

paul13

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 05:27:26 pm »
I clean them for a fiver ;D