Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

all clean and pristine

cost of a round
« on: April 21, 2013, 09:23:42 am »
Hi Guys after a little advice. We recently invested in a wfp system van to start window cleaning as a bolt on to our office and Domestic cleaning service.
Getting clients has been very slow, as there seems to be quite a few cleaners in my area.
But we have been offered the chance to buy an Established round. We are told has a turnover of £800 every four weeks.
This is being done at present using traditional method but we would be WFP so I accept that we may loose a few customers, but what kind of price would you guys think the round to be worth?

Wc Solutions

Re: cost of a round
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 09:27:30 am »
x 3 the monthley cost I'd pay... That just my opinion tho.

all clean and pristine

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 09:40:48 am »
Hi Mate thank you for your thoughts. He is looking at 5x.

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 09:44:57 am »
depends really, for that £800 how many houses is that for? what is the average price? are they compact or spread out? what sort of hourly rate do they bring in? the list goes on. I have paid 3 times for some work and 5 times for other work, at the end of the day it's worth what its worth to you.
paul

Wc Solutions

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 09:45:10 am »
Go in the middle at x 4 maybe

all clean and pristine

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 09:48:38 am »
depends really, for that £800 how many houses is that for? what is the average price? are they compact or spread out? what sort of hourly rate do they bring in? the list goes on. I have paid 3 times for some work and 5 times for other work, at the end of the day it's worth what its worth to you.
paul

Thanks Paul I am tempted as it would bring in much needed income. The average house/price is at present 3 bed detached being cleaned for £8. And 90% of the round is in the same street.

all clean and pristine

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 09:49:31 am »

Lol Tried that he wont budge on price.

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 09:49:42 am »
if you explain the benefits of wfp you may not loose any.

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 09:50:40 am »

also insist on working the entire round before money handed over ............ dont just give a wad of cash for a list of names !!

all clean and pristine

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 09:52:57 am »
if you explain the benefits of wfp you may not loose any.

Kinda hoping that Ian.

all clean and pristine

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 09:55:15 am »

also insist on working the entire round before money handed over ............ dont just give a wad of cash for a list of names !!

Also told him If I buy it he would have to sign a disclaimer that he would not work the same streets window cleaning for 5 years ;)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 09:59:24 am »
4/5x seems to be the average. In fact 6x would not be uncommon. As long as its worth while ie decent prices and mostly compact.
If changing over I would maybe be tempted to do tops only for a few cleans then the lot, whether it would make any difference to the ones who aren't going to like who anyway though I don't know?
The round sounds good though. Should be able to do 3 an hour and up once established on compact work so £8 each will be a good rate in that scenario

all clean and pristine

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 10:09:12 am »
4/5x seems to be the average. In fact 6x would not be uncommon. As long as its worth while ie decent prices and mostly compact.
If changing over I would maybe be tempted to do tops only for a few cleans then the lot, whether it would make any difference to the ones who aren't going to like who anyway though I don't know?
The round sounds good though. Should be able to do 3 an hour and up once established on compact work so £8 each will be a good rate in that scenario

Thanks for your input Sean. yea it seem genuine enough Ive watched the guy doing the streets hes selling for a year or two.

tlwcs

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 10:20:46 am »
I'd be careful. £8. Bristol seems too cheap to me, how long have they been at that price?
You will get people to accept wfp but not a price increase as well
Tony

Deangsi

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 10:31:37 am »
Be carefull buying a traditional round I bought 1 and lost 50percent over 4 months of so luckily I paid 1 times the value. But as roands go x4 seems fair on that being trad

keyser soze

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 10:33:48 am »
i recently bought a round and i held back 500 retention, and i glad i did because the round he sold was supposed to have  been worth 550 a month, but after me working it the gross value to me after the  cancellations and messer which i eliminated straight away was worth 350, so in real terms he would have got 4.5 times instead of the agreed 3 times. he wasnt happy but after a meeting he conceded and reduced the cost . remember that a customer who liked it done trad before may be difficult to change to wfp .some people just dislike wfp .  there is a lot of wc who dont do it properly. (inc me when i first started.) experience changes that

sean mcc

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 10:50:46 am »
Hi
   Why not go out and get your own customers,i only started last year and am surprised at how easy it is to get customers if you are well presented  do a good job and charge a reasonable rate,it also gives experience regarding pricing ,meeting people,getting a feel for the job etc.Just try a couple of hours canvassing once a week,it soon builds up. :)

keyser soze

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 12:44:07 pm »
Hi
   Why not go out and get your own customers,i only started last year and am surprised at how easy it is to get customers if you are well presented  do a good job and charge a reasonable rate,it also gives experience regarding pricing ,meeting people,getting a feel for the job etc.Just try a couple of hours canvassing once a week,it soon builds up. :)

i think different areas of the country  can be good to do this, however where i live its not a good town to canvass. i dont know why tbh

KS Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 01:30:59 pm »

Also told him If I buy it he would have to sign a disclaimer that he would not work the same streets window cleaning for 5 years ;)
Be mindfull that if he is only selling off part of his round, good chance it is the lowest priced work per hour he has.

all clean and pristine

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 02:33:08 pm »
I'd be careful. £8. Bristol seems too cheap to me, how long have they been at that price?
You will get people to accept wfp but not a price increase as well
Tony

I wondered that Tony at the moment I would charge £10.00 for the same house. Not convinced I am going to buy but interested in the opinions of you guys