Deana

new business and contracts/terms/conditions advice
« on: April 30, 2011, 12:31:02 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am after some advice me and my partners cannot agree on if we should have a tick list(cleaning schedule) with regards of what we are to do at a clients home/office and if we should have service agreement, terms and conditions of service.

One partner believes these could overface the clients who just want a cleaner for their home where as i see this as a business where these are vital even for domestic cleaning services in peoples homes. Am i right?

I would appreciate you advice on the topic as the new small partnership is with two great friends

Thanks

Robert Parry

Re: new business and contracts/terms/conditions advice
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:42:30 am »
Hi Deana,

I believe you are quite correct, a list of what will be cleaned and how often, will prevent any mis-understandings in both your markets. This way you will prevent any "contract creep" ie. clients adding things on at a later date, always stating that they thought that was included!

You, of course should also supply any client with your "terms and conditions" and a "service agreement". Again these documents, which form part of the entire contract, will protect both your business and your client's interests as well.

You must also get a written partnership agreement in place, spelling out each of your rights and obligations before any trading takes place. You might well be the best of friends now, but if someone fails to pull their weight, or wishes to sell the business, what then?

Take professional advice on all the above, yes it will cost a fair bit of money, however the willingness of both prospective partners to set up things properly will speak volumes as to how serious you both are to make a real go of your proposed new venture.

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....