Karen Waterworth

Re: Dirty Dealings at CLEAN?
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2010, 06:55:13 am »
Neil “please” What are you trying to imply? :o I'm a married women

I did not answer Arthur because I can not, as I don’t know,
I could tell you what my problem is though, but by posting it on here, no one would read it correctly, some would just cut and paste it in a different way, so it would look like I was on a personal mission to shut them down before they had a chance to start. That is not my intention, (that is the trouble with writing down what you mean, the other person can miss understand what you are trying to say)
Anyway here goes I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CLEAN.
I have said in other posts I wish them the best, as it is a good idea and will work of some cc’s, and if it raises public awareness then that would be the best thing since sliced bread. 

I just wish that information about CLEAN would stay under wraps until they are properly ready. But some of the insiders of CLEAN are putting information on the boards, which is not making sense, but would make sense if all the information was there. Which by nature is making some people question their motives and or ask questions. A prime example of this is when you wrote on one topic who is Karen Waterworth, no doubt you look for information on me. Only natural. You asked the question I answered.

My reply number 64 was I thought a balanced comment, I thought I would join Derek on that fence.

Karen

Goldfinch PCS

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2010, 12:19:30 am »
Wow there must be a lot of quite carpet cleaners about if they are so concerned about somebody elses affairs.

There is obviously some needle between Gerrards and Clean.

As i am aware it is not illegal to have your trading address and registered address seperate, infact a friend has firm off accountants and they have several Ltd co`s regitered at there offices.

John

This is certainly true. Your registration address and trading address can be separate.  The rules only require you to respond to company house correspondent or any legal documents served to your registered address.   There are also clear benefits to do this, but if you ask your accountants the right questions they will and should answer honestly. To be frank this is what every trader should be doing, going ltd and reaping the benefits(tax etc.). I am doing this come April and my registered address is in a building I have never seen and don't care to see. The company handling the registration forwards all correspondent sent to the registered address to my trading address.
Goldfinch PCS
0800 612 9244
LTT PROmite(Altec) Member of - IICRC
www.goldfinchpcs.co.uk

peter maybury

« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2010, 12:10:34 pm »
I think that I speak for many that have been in the industry for a long time but I personally have a lot of major concerns about the setting up of Clean and the way it is being done. I fail to see how a few people from our industry can meet in private and decide that they can appoint themselves to represent us, the industry. ,I don't feel, is credible.  With true associations an A.G.M. is held where the members vote for positions that people hold in that association. Are the members going to be given that opportunity after paying their fees? If not then it is not an association in the true sense. Many of the people in the industry have seen organisations  set up before,  albeit "non profit making" where the directors and their other businesses have profited at the cost of members.
There are also a lot of other concerns that I have. I read a lot of badly used technical terms and mis-appropriate terms on this forum, often used also by the organisers of clean, and ask myself how these people can improve the customers perceptions of our industry.
Our industry is fragmented as it is now without fragmenting it further. Anyone serious about wanting to improve the industry could do so through the NCCA as it would only take a handful of people to turn up to the AGM to vote themselves into the positions they want.

Peter
www.queensland-uk.com

D Ingram

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2010, 06:04:29 pm »
Well said Peter and as they say they are working on behalf of the cleaners to raise awareness with the public and where better to do this than in the NCCA. If this ever happened I for one would welcome it with open arms and after 30 odd yrs pushing a wand I might even sign up to the NCCA.

But we all know that they would not have a cat in hells chance to opperate the way they intend to within the NCCA
Dave Ingram

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2010, 06:19:58 pm »
Peter,

As said before, all the meetings were open and anyone was invited. There are no secrets. Again, I would like to thank all for the relentless pr and we have over shot our target for member interest by quite a long way.

I'm glad the address issue is clear and that it is obvious nothing underhand is going on. If anyone wants to know more about what we are doing or wish to help then feel free to get in touch.

Pete

peter maybury

« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2010, 06:36:37 pm »
Peter
where were the meetings advertised ?

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2010, 06:38:38 pm »
On the CCDO forum, we did not have permnission from anyone else.

Pete

ianharper

« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2010, 08:00:41 pm »
Guys

meetings have always been open to anyone. if you had gone to the last one you would have seen a act of great kindness. Dave L bought the meal that everyone that attended eat. and in response to this everyone chipped in what they would have spend as a donation for johns kids.

now all these carpet cleaners would not tell you this because they did it for the right reasons.

I think we need to look at ourselves as a professional and i don't mean from our customers view.

As you may or know or not i am into lots of marketing ideas and i have just received a DVD pack for outrageous marketing which is backed by Dan Kennedy who wrote the JP stuff.

Now on these dvd's Dan tell the attendants about the only sales letter that he has wrote in his working life that was refused to be use by a client. that client was JP

The sale letter was a follow up to the 20 - 20 TV program that JP did. now this has to be an all time best effort for anyone to get carpet cleaners in the public eye.

The sales letter was about this TV show and the death threats that JP got because of it.

Whatever you think about JP no one would want to be associated with this type of thing.

We have to start to stop being so childish and I for one can stand up and say that i have been childish over CLEAN issue. we need to get behind this and start to make changes to OUR public standing.

Lets be professional and educate the public that we are PROFERSSIONALS

These guys in CLEAN are just like you and me they are doing their very best.

Lets try and help them and not make things hard for them. after all if they are successful we all benefit.

just think that Dan Kennedy is standing up in a top boot camp and telling everyone what we are like. I know we can be better but we just need to trust, trust is earned give CLEAN a chance to earn it.

if you where excited about something it would be hard for you to keep it to yourself they believe in what they are doing is going to change things and i am starting to see that myself.

How can we want to be treated as professionals if we don't act that way.

Respects

Ian Harper

richie

« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2010, 01:17:54 pm »
Ian,
Are you saying that because some people are asking questions about how clean is CLEAN these people are childish & not professionals?

Richie.
PS
If you want to be professional yourself may i suggest that when you write the word PROFESSIONAL in capital letters you spell it correctly.  ;D ;D ;D

ianharper

« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2010, 02:49:15 pm »
Richie

just talking about myself