Ian Gourlay

Re: Airflex Storm
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 11:06:47 am »
Why would you want 7.2 motor often the advise on extracta is change them for 5,5

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 06:30:47 pm »
I was of the understanding that the 5.5 vacs were better than the 7.2 because the motors in the larger couldn't turn fast enough to get the best out of them that may be why the 6.6 has been manufactured, imagine 3 x 6.6 vacs now that would pull the skin off a rice pudding ;D

Shaun

jim mca

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 07:12:06 pm »
Terry

Why not fit a 250 psi pump might save the hassle

john martin

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 08:28:53 pm »

[/quote]

John, what experience do you have using the
ashbys enforcer and airflex storm?
[/quote]

I would have none of either  :)

I like individual design features of both ...

Jim_77

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 09:47:23 pm »
John do you really think 2 x standard vac motors is cutting edge?  Or that 7.2 vac motors even have a place in modern cleaning machines?

The bodywork of the enforcer is just like putting lipstick on a pig, the core of an extraction machine is its ability to create vacuum and airflow which two of either of those style of motors are not the best at by a long way.

All the bells and whistles they offer as options make the machine hideously expensive for what it is.

john martin

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 10:20:07 pm »
John do you really think 2 x standard vac motors is cutting edge?  Or that 7.2 vac motors even have a place in modern cleaning machines?

The bodywork of the enforcer is just like putting lipstick on a pig, the core of an extraction machine is its ability to create vacuum and airflow which two of either of those style of motors are not the best at by a long way.

All the bells and whistles they offer as options make the machine hideously expensive for what it is.

I have tried to think why Ashbys have continued with 7.2's  ....
Ashby's go to great lengths on its site to stress its belief in the importance of suction (lift ) and doesn't even mention airflow ...
If thats its philosophy then the three stage 7.2 is still one of the strongest performers ...  if u look at the data pdf for the 7.2 it shows max 144" , a little more than the 5.7 at 137"   ....  the 6.6 is a two stage and makes even less 131"

That could be part of it  , but also could be that in their experience its been reliable , or could even be there is more profit margin on the replacement sales ! 
But yes if i got an enforcer i would likely fit newer vacs ....  either the ametek 8.4 , 6.6 or electro three stages .

I like the design and thought that went into it  ,  the very large waste tank opening , rainproof switch housing , cable holders , recessed protection on outlet , sturdy construction ...

Any of these top end machines could be described as overpriced ...
the storm is 2900 for two 140 euro vacs a pumptec and a few inexpensive bit and pieces .... not even heat at that price
So for 2800 i would prefer the enforcer with built in steammate ...   extra cfm of the storm might benefit longer hose runs but in the real world who runes 150ft from a porty ....     I think thats why Ashbys haven't jumped on the parallel 6.6 high cfm bandwagon  .... because in reality most jobs are <50ft and other features are just as important .

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 10:20:30 am »
What I find strange is that Ashbys have used 5.5 up to now so little experience of how reliable 7.2 are. I admit they know more about making machines than me .

But should explain their reasons without getting hot under the collar.

People who asked questions are usually good for sales

john martin

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012, 12:44:53 pm »

yes , it would be interesting to ask them if any ones in   :)

Its possible the latest 7.2 has seen some development ... going by the data it is a bit more powerful than before , extracta also mention 20% increase in efficiency .

http://www.alltemp.ca/vacuum/pdf/11750212.pdf

At 142" lift it is one of best performers lift wise ... 

of coarse the ametek 8.4 two stage would have similar lift and 40% more cfm  , but it likely to be about  £250-300 for each unit judging by USA prices .

AJB

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 04:49:04 pm »
I'm inclined to believe the mix of vac motors is to
reduce wear.
Problems always occured because the second motor
was effectivley over driven by the first, this is the reason
they started fitting one standard and one HD motor.
Presumably running one HD into a 7.2" makes for a much
better balanced pairing, with the 7.2 coping with a 5.7HD
without any stress.
When you look at the Scorpion/Jaguar you have to realise
Pig Ugly does actually work.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

john martin

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2012, 05:18:02 pm »
I'm inclined to believe the mix of vac motors is to
reduce wear.
Problems always occured because the second motor
was effectivley over driven by the first, this is the reason
they started fitting one standard and one HD motor.
Presumably running one HD into a 7.2" makes for a much
better balanced pairing, with the 7.2 coping with a 5.7HD
without any stress.
When you look at the Scorpion/Jaguar you have to realise
Pig Ugly does actually work.

can you define ' heavy duty '  ...  Ashbys also refer to the 7.2 as ' heavy duty ...
dont think its performance related .

I cant define it myself  ,  i though it might refer to construction ... ie plastic horn vs metal horn  ,  epoxy finish etc ...

james roffey

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 12:54:44 am »
Your all forgetting one very important part of this equation, the enforcer has the "back up of Ashbys" lol

I started with a Ninja quite  good but in my opinion an underpowered machine compared to the Airflex which i have been using for two years, the Enforcer may well be quite powerful but dealing with them was a depressing first experience in carpet cleaning, always the quick buck rather than develop a good customer/ supplier relationship.

AJB

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2012, 10:37:43 am »
That's why you never go near Ashbys after buying  ::)
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2012, 04:55:13 pm »
Thats all well and good just pray to god that nothing happens in its first year when its under its warranty!