calmore

Speculative Hotel letters..
« on: July 31, 2006, 09:46:05 pm »
We have a lot of B&Bs, guest houses etc round this way and I plan to target some of them to see if they have any work need doing.

I ssupect that the best time to do this will either be autumn (After the holiday season) or Spring (Before the holiday season).

Would it be best to call these businesses, visit in person (bearon in mind they can be some miles apart) or write?
Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

mxg

Re: Speculative Hotel letters..
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 11:07:19 pm »
Hi

We too have lot of hotels, b&bs etc and everybody assumes that we do lots of business in this area but in reality we do very very little"

My (unscientific) analysis of this is that they tend to fall in to 2 separate camps

1) Big chains with their own cleaning resources and/or access to their own cleaning resources

2) Small 'mom & pop' operations, (generalisation) operating mainly on a cash basis so every penny they spend is a penny that doesn't go in to their back pocket. So they will either not spend that penny or if they do they want it at rock bottom prices because they are paying "cash"!

Things may be different in your neck of the woods and/or if carpet cleaning is your "core" business - its not ours

Mick

The Great One

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 05:23:57 pm »
Hi

hotels are a tough nut to crack.

the large ones are very price sensetive.

Did 5 excellent demo for one of the largest, they were chuffed to bits with the result, then chose someone else solely on price.

Out of over 75 targeted letter, 1 job.

Regards

Martin 8)

Majestic

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 06:11:15 pm »
Out of the hundreds in Blackpool I clean 3 , and those are all in the same area. They want them cleaning for peanuts. I have priced lots, but my  price puts them off.
They choose there window cleaners on price not on quality