V_Purcell

Re: Cleansmart
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2013, 09:58:39 pm »
And then you get guys who by an 1-1/2 tube wand, instead of getting a 2" straight through wand, which will decrease the air flow, but increase the water lift.

By 'increase the lift ' do you mean increase the vacuum rise time ?  lift would also also be determined by what the motors can produce . Put a lift gauge on a machine with 2" plumbing and to the same machine with 1 1/2 .. no difference in ultimate lift imo .

I do not have a degree in quantum mechanics, but I have read up on the subject, water lift is exactly what is says, Its an old method of measuring, a pipe of a given size it attached to a vacuum, and its how far the vacuum can be lifted by the water. Now you can use a vacuum guage today. But I can guarantee you that of you have a 2" and 1-1/2" pipe its a physical impossibility to get more air through the 1-1/2 pipe than the 2" pipe, if you use the same parameters. And it also matters you hight above sea level.

john martin

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2013, 11:40:14 pm »
And then you get guys who by an 1-1/2 tube wand, instead of getting a 2" straight through wand, which will decrease the air flow, but increase the water lift.

By 'increase the lift ' do you mean increase the vacuum rise time ?  lift would also also be determined by what the motors can produce . Put a lift gauge on a machine with 2" plumbing and to the same machine with 1 1/2 .. no difference in ultimate lift imo .

I do not have a degree in quantum mechanics, but I have read up on the subject, water lift is exactly what is says, Its an old method of measuring, a pipe of a given size it attached to a vacuum, and its how far the vacuum can be lifted by the water. Now you can use a vacuum guage today. But I can guarantee you that of you have a 2" and 1-1/2" pipe its a physical impossibility to get more air through the 1-1/2 pipe than the 2" pipe, if you use the same parameters. And it also matters you hight above sea level.

Im not sure what you're saying  ...   you seem to be saying that if you have a machine with 1.5" plumbing and for eg 25ft hose attached , lined up beside a machine with 2" plumbing and 25ft 2" hose ...  and Put a suction gauge onto the end of each  ... the 1.5" setup will give a higher lift reading  .... 
I dont think so  :)

peter maybury

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2013, 01:21:44 am »
Have an enforcer in parallel with a jaguar and an inline alltec express, upgraded to 4 stage motors and it might be as good as Glyn's titan on a 10ft hose run as long as its working below sea level in a house with a red front door.
I am off to bed had a long day.
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.comhttp://

V_Purcell

Re: Cleansmart New
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2013, 01:30:30 pm »

By 'increase the lift ' do you mean increase the vacuum rise time ?  lift would also also be determined by what the motors can produce . Put a lift gauge on a machine with 2" plumbing and to the same machine with 1 1/2 .. no difference in ultimate lift imo .

Do you think?
or
Do you know?
As there is a diffrence...!!!

Im not sure what you're saying  ...   you seem to be saying that if you have a machine with 1.5" plumbing and for eg 25ft hose attached , lined up beside a machine with 2" plumbing and 25ft 2" hose ...  and Put a suction gauge onto the end of each  ... the 1.5" setup will give a higher lift reading  ....  
I dont think so  :)
Do you thinks so?
or
Do you know?
As there is a diffrence between the 2 statments.