stevegunn

Writing a report
« on: October 18, 2007, 04:56:21 pm »
Anyone got a template for writing a report on the condition of a suite and carpet.I was asked to clean a leather suite and carpet for one of my letting agents which I did, suite covered in snot and stained.Carpet was new 6 months ago and tenant had spilt red wine and chewing gum on stairs.Now tenant is refusing to pay letting agent as he feels they did not warrant cleaning I have to write a report detailing why the items needed cleaning.Personally I think the letting agents should be doing this not me as they requested me to clean the items but I do get lots of work from them.

Anyone help?

northstar

Re: Writing a report
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:51:32 pm »
Steve,
I have a survey form that I use that has a space to note pre-existing condition / damage etc.

Is this what you have in mind?

If so I will email it to you

stevegunn

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 08:02:29 pm »
Cheers but I have a survey form which I filled in at the time letting agent has copy of that but wants a formal written one for ex tenant

AquaMagic

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 08:30:59 pm »
When i get his Steve i just write a letter,

To whom it may concern etc, it is my professional opion that the carpet at (address) is damaged beyond repair/uncleanable/was damaged by etc etc. I detail carpet type and methods used (if any) and explain to the best of my ability the reason its is damaged etc?

Ussually more than adaque, i print this on a letterhead

Hope this helps

Dene

stevegunn

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 08:35:07 pm »
Cheers Dene was thinking along them lines.Do you charge for providing the letter?

AquaMagic

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 08:40:15 pm »
Not the letting agencys but if its a customer thats claiming on insurance is charge em £20.

Dene

stains-away

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 08:46:53 pm »
Not the letting agencys but if its a customer thats claiming on insurance is charge em £20.

Dene

Customers can claim the money back from the insurance for any survey/report that they are asked for, I charge £50 to cover time going out to look then writing it up.