Poll

If C.L.E.A.N were to re-start would you support it this time around?

Yes
24.1%
7 (24.1%)
No
44.8%
13 (44.8%)
Maybe
31%
9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Phil Taylor

Would you support CLEAN?
« on: October 21, 2011, 08:52:54 pm »
To me, C.L.E.A.N had the right ideas  :D

If some aspects of the application were changed ie. made a little easier, would you support it given what you now know about TACCA?

robert meldrum

Re: Would you support CLEAN?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 09:03:44 pm »
Don't think you should drag CLEAN into this Phil although it certainly had a lot going for it, might as well ask if people would support the NCCA or IICRC  or BICS.

There's loads of information,training and help around and anyone looking for help with any c/c related matter can get help by asking a simple question on here.

Phil Taylor

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 09:08:53 pm »
You're probably right Robert, but I think it was a darn shame that CLEAN all fell apart before it even began, oh well.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 09:12:09 pm »
I wondered what happened to C L E A N.

Just out of interest does any know how many carpet cleaners are there in the uk?  I mean how many people employed whose primary source of income if from carpet and upholstery cleaning?
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 09:12:52 pm »
Phil,

If you put as much effort into marketing your business as you did into this seeming vendetta against Derek/TACCA, you'd be a very rich man ;)

Phil Taylor

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 09:19:44 pm »
Phil,

If you put as much effort into marketing your business as you did into this seeming vendetta against Derek/TACCA, you'd be a very rich man ;)

There's no vendetta against either Jim. I'm asking the questions that need answering and what everyone wants to know. Good luck to him, but I think it's a non starter only because it's not been set up properly, unfortunatly Del Boy wants to 'run' the show alone  ;D

To me it's been set up mickey mouse style, that's my opinion.

Phil.

Paul Heath

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 09:23:09 pm »
so why did "clean" fail ?...we could all learn from it

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 09:25:02 pm »
Where are the moderators when you need them, this guy's an idiot hellbent on insulting a respected member of this forum.

Phil Taylor

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 09:26:03 pm »
so why did "clean" fail ?...we could all learn from it

I don't know, but I do know that you had some really experienced carpet cleaner's on the National Committee, real cleaner's with piles of experience following a code. It all started then stopped suddenly, maybe someone could tell us more?

Phil.

Billy Russell

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 09:27:03 pm »
Where are the moderators when you need them, this guy's an idiot hellbent on insulting a respected member of this forum.

Well said Mr Gerrard! I reckon you would have had a 12 month ban by now if it was you!!!!  ;D  ;)

Phillip Mold

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 09:27:36 pm »
Because good carpet cleaners do not neccessarily make good leaders, administrators or organisers possibly, and also  good leaders, administrators or organisers do not always make good carpet cleaners?
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Phil Taylor

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 09:28:56 pm »

A respected member of this forum lol

Can't I ask questions?

And you haven't come accross as a 'Mr Know it All' in your time on here. Give it up Simon, stop playing the defensive game.

I've been banned once for name changes, how many times have you been banned?   ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 09:31:20 pm »
I'm reading all this stuff, if he insults any one he will be banned..... but asking awkward questions is not classed as insulting,

this is an open forum if we banned members for being idiots then the membership would rapidly shrink
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

robert meldrum

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 09:32:59 pm »
Simon

Only a handful of people have shown interest and like it or not the points raised are valid to say the least.

Phil Taylor

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 09:35:28 pm »
but asking awkward questions is not classed as insulting,

Thank you Mike. (did I ever give you that tenner for un-banning me - joking!)

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 09:47:42 pm »
. I'm asking the questions that need answering and what everyone wants to know.

Pot..... Kettle..... Black

When are you going to start answering questions about yourself?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 09:51:06 pm »
Mike,
Nice to know you think the majority on here are idiots.

Phil Taylor

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 09:52:43 pm »
. I'm asking the questions that need answering and what everyone wants to know.

Pot..... Kettle..... Black

When are you going to start answering questions about yourself?

What would you like to know. I've been in the business for the past 30 odd years, my name is Phil Taylor, I operate in the South, I don't have a website, anything else?

Phil Taylor

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 09:53:57 pm »
Mike,

He doesn't, but you 'sail close to the wind'  :P

Mike Halliday

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 09:57:56 pm »
Mike,

that's not what I said.

like  I Did say  I read most things on here and I find your comments ironic as what Phil has said about Derek is mild compared to the things you have said about Jasonl but you don't mind when its you doing the mudslinging..... but lets not hijack the thread..... we are talking about clean and perhaps what TACCA could learn from the demise of CLEAN

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 10:01:43 pm »
I am an idiot, no two ways about it, that's why I can recognise one when I see one ;)

Phil Taylor

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 10:04:39 pm »
Maybe one or two of the CLEAN Directors can come forward and explain what really happened to CLEAN?
Can't find their website anymore.

If it was lack of support one has to ask why? Was the criteria for joining too complicated?

Phil.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 10:16:12 pm »
[quote

this is an open forum if we banned members for being idiots then the membership would rapidly shrink
[/quote]
Mike,
Clearly you do think the majority, or at least a good proportion of members are idiots, otherwise how could the membership shrink rapidly?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 10:22:10 pm »
Simon the word 'rapid' is a term of speed not quantity ::) ::)

where did i say majority or good proportion

but please feel free to  ignore whats written if it does not suit the point you are trying to make,

Jim_77

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 10:37:55 pm »
I've noticed a really useful feature in the account settings for this forum.  It's called "delete this account".  Seriously considering making full use of it.

I have a couple too many forums on my list and I really wouldn't miss this one if it vanished.  It's like the wild west (no pun intended :) )

Idiots shouting abuse at other idiots, meanwhile there's more idiots asking idiotic questions which people take the time to reply to, only to receive no further posts or any thanks for taking the time to reply....

I didn't know so many idiots existed!

Hmmmm, one little click of a mouse.................

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 10:41:06 pm »
What would you like to know. I've been in the business for the past 30 odd years, my name is Phil Taylor, I operate in the South, I don't have a website, anything else?

Would that be Swindon?

Phil Taylor

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2011, 10:43:21 pm »
I've noticed a really useful feature in the account settings for this forum.  It's called "delete this account".  Seriously considering making full use of it.

I have a couple too many forums on my list and I really wouldn't miss this one if it vanished.  It's like the wild west (no pun intended :) )

Idiots shouting abuse at other idiots, meanwhile there's more idiots asking idiotic questions which people take the time to reply to, only to receive no further posts or any thanks for taking the time to reply....

Bye bye Jim. That's what forums are all about - asking questions, giving advise. I'm sorry if you don't like me 'rocking the boat' about TACCA or asking 'akward' questions, but that's what makes it interesting!!

Sorry to see you go,

Phil.

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2011, 10:44:48 pm »
Sadly this is what people like Phil either intend or just inadvertantly make happen to forums.
They come out of nowhere but seem to have an expert opinion on other long term posters, which causes divisions amongst the ranks.....very clever

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2011, 11:27:33 pm »
Sadly this is what people like Phil either intend or just inadvertantly make happen to forums.
They come out of nowhere but seem to have an expert opinion on other long term posters, which causes divisions amongst the ranks.....very clever

Neil,
And the moderators sit by and do nothing - unless it suits their cause, that is!
May be we should all use the delete button and leave Mike with his idiots as he clearly favours them over the rest.

Phil Taylor

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 11:36:57 pm »

Neil,
And the moderators sit by and do nothing - unless it suits their cause, that is!
May be we should all use the delete button and leave Mike with his idiots as he clearly favours them over the rest.

And like Mike said to you Simon, when it suits you, you start the mud slinging at other members, do you think that is fair and reasonable, no  :-\

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 11:30:43 am »
Philip

I have just removed your inappropriate Aviator.

This is a professional site  not page 3

Phil Taylor

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 11:33:55 am »
Philip

I have just removed your inappropriate Aviator.

This is a professional site  not page 3

Sorry Ian, I'll change it.  :-X

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 01:57:14 pm »
Aviator that's Biggles isn't it? ;D

Shaun

Dennis

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 02:01:26 pm »
Biggles flies undone.